Old 05-21-2020, 04:23 PM   #6961
timbralzoom
Human being with feelings

if it wasn't because of my old system
(my latest big strip set was already open in the project)

i just updated that
reaper_js_ReaScriptAPI64.dll manually
from github (was says 5 hours ago)

strip save with the thumbnails seems fixed!

but still i can't see the control borders when i press to Enter in LIVE mode
just seeing various block dark-light red areas
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 04:26 PM   #6962
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
if it wasn't because of my old system
(my latest big strip set was already open in the project)

i just updated that
reaper_js_ReaScriptAPI64.dll manually
from github (was says 5 hours ago)

strip save with the thumbnails seems fixed!

but still i can't see the control borders when i press to Enter in LIVE mode
just seeing various block dark-light red areas
Yeah - it's showing the layout bitmap instead of the control bitmap - because that's really what I was working on last - so needed to see that more than the control bitmap. It's purely for debugging anyway - If it ever gets to v1 - I'll probably remove that!

Glad you got the bitmap saving fixed - dunno what was going on with that though! :|
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:26 AM   #6963
David Carlyon

After getting into using this a bit, i have to say - incredible work. This is so incredibly useful.
I love using latch preview workflows, this just made that a WHOLE LOT more fun and so much quicker.
Where do i donate?

Also regarding the analyzer, do i need to download a modified version?
David Carlyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:41 AM   #6964
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
After getting into using this a bit, i have to say - incredible work. This is so incredibly useful.
I love using latch preview workflows, this just made that a WHOLE LOT more fun and so much quicker.
Where do i donate?

Also regarding the analyzer, do i need to download a modified version?
Glad you're finding it useful

Inside the LBXCS_resources folder - is a lbx_jsfx folder containing the modded analyzer.

Just move it to REAPER/Effects/lbx/ folder (you may need to create lbx folder). You'll probably need to rescan for new plugins or restart Reaper for it to show up.

Then - when you first click on the Analyzer button in the DM mode mixer - it will ask for the location of the LBX-AnalyzerWindow script (which is in the LBXCS_resources folder).

That should be all you need to do to get it working.

If you would like to donate - link for paypal is in my sig.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:55 PM   #6965
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Glad you're finding it useful

If you would like to donate - link for paypal is in my sig.
Thanks for reminder.
Tough for most everyone about now ... look forward to turn around.
My mere token of appreciation.

thank-you.
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:17 PM   #6966
_Stevie_

The comment was for David, since he asked for a donation link
Old 05-22-2020, 10:12 PM   #6967
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
The comment was for David, since he asked for a donation link
yes ... but still a nice reminder for all of us that can.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:12 AM   #6968
_Stevie_

Ah sorry, I misinterpreted your post!
Old 05-23-2020, 01:26 AM   #6969
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
yes ... but still a nice reminder for all of us that can.
Thanks RJ - much appreciated. I too was worried you thought I was requesting a donation! Donations are always welcome and appreciated - but I'd never pressure anybody into making one (it kind of ceases to be a donation at that point - more extortion lol).
Old 05-30-2020, 02:29 AM   #6970
nexeu

Default LBX Stripper is too small for Mac Reaper

Hi

I just started to try out LBX with my mbp, and UI seems to be very small. Is there a way I can zoom it or make it bigger?
nexeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 03:20 AM   #6971
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexeu View Post
Hi

I just started to try out LBX with my mbp, and UI seems to be very small. Is there a way I can zoom it or make it bigger?
You can make the dialogs bigger in Settings->Appearance. use ? to open settings (or ... menu from top bar).

To zoom the actual strips you can use + and _ (Shift = and Shift -). At the moment - due to the way things are zoomed (simply doubling the size of the bitmaps) - they may not appear as sharp when zoomed.
Old 05-30-2020, 04:12 AM   #6972
nexeu

Default Got it!

Quote:
You can make the dialogs bigger in Settings->Appearance. use ? to open settings (or ... menu from top bar).

To zoom the actual strips you can use + and _ (Shift = and Shift -). At the moment - due to the way things are zoomed (simply doubling the size of the bitmaps) - they may not appear as sharp when zoomed.
Thanks mate! It is all starting to come alive (had to squint my eyes like crazy though) Can't wait to explore this. I heard this is another level of Reaper's wonderland. I'm sure there's much more to learn here.

One issue though, the setting window font doesn't become big with changes. Any thoughts?

Cheers~!

Last edited by nexeu; 05-30-2020 at 04:20 AM.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:04 AM   #6973
lb0

Quote:
Thanks mate! It is all starting to come alive (had to squint my eyes like crazy though) Can't wait to explore this. I heard this is another level of Reaper's wonderland. I'm sure there's much more to learn here.

One issue though, the setting window font doesn't become big with changes. Any thoughts?

Cheers~!
Yeah - that's the only window that doesn't currently resize. I'll look into it when I get some time - it's just that if that window does resize on the fly - like the others - it will become very difficult to adjust the panel sizes as the controls will keep moving... So I made a decision to leave it as is. But I'll try and come up with something.

At least generally - once the settings are set as required - you no longer need to use the dialog very often.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:11 PM   #6974
nexeu

Quote:
Yeah - that's the only window that doesn't currently resize. I'll look into it when I get some time - it's just that if that window does resize on the fly - like the others - it will become very difficult to adjust the panel sizes as the controls will keep moving... So I made a decision to leave it as is. But I'll try and come up with something.

At least generally - once the settings are set as required - you no longer need to use the dialog very often.
Alright, sounds fair. It would be great if we could set the whole UI by percentage (says 200%, 300%) like some other VST (just a suggestion).

Thanks!

Cheers,
Old 05-30-2020, 10:35 PM   #6975
nexeu

Default Color Selection is wrong?

Hi all,

I am not sure if it happens on windows, but for mac, the label color choice is malfunctioning or reversed. If I changed the label color to cyan, it shows yellow.

Let me know if there's a fix for that. Once again, thanks all.

Cheers,
Old 05-30-2020, 11:31 PM   #6976
RJHollins

Wondering ...

With the growing Library of Graphic items, knobs, switches, etc ...

any thoughts, ideas on how finding stuff could be made easier ?

2. Something I've not tried ... Knob files are using the ext .knb Knobman uses .knob would changing the ext allow a .knb file to load into Knobman ?

Hey ... we're still in Isolation ! these are the things that get thought. :|
Old 05-31-2020, 02:43 AM   #6977
timbralzoom

hmm

i don't know if its count as an easy way
but i can offer something that will keep you busy for long time

i believe 90 % of the current Controls including Led Meters:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14nO...ew?usp=sharing

just remember,
alter the names to avoid overwrite in the library, if you decide to modify and use them..
Old 05-31-2020, 03:18 AM   #6978
lb0

Quote:
Alright, sounds fair. It would be great if we could set the whole UI by percentage (says 200%, 300%) like some other VST (just a suggestion).

Thanks!

Cheers,
The issue is that the UI elements (dialogs/sidebars etc) are completely separate to the strip area - and use different drawing routines. Many users like to have different sized UI elements compared to the strip area.

If you hold Ctrl (or shift) I forget - when adjusting some of the UI elements size in Settings - it does link some of the UI element sizes and adjusts them together. But there won't be a standard increase size of everything by X% unfortunately.

The strip area size can only be adjusted by whole multiplications (1x 2x 4x etc) due to the fact it's zooming bitmaps (as in-between adjustments mess up alignment of strip controls so when moving a control it would shift position by a pixel or two because you cannot draw a bitmap element at a fraction of a pixel (eg new real location would become 613.25 pixels - but this could only be drawn at 613 pixels). You will see this happen sometimes if you zoom the strip to < 1x.

On the other hand - UI elements are entirely vector based drawing - and drawn individually - so can be zoomed to any size.

Basically - the limitations are there for drawing of the strip area due to sometimes drawing the strip bitmaps from a pre-created back buffer in one go (all controls at once from a single bitmap) - and sometimes only drawing the actual control who's value is changed individually - and in this case alignment becomes important but not possible. Ideally - all controls would be redrawn individually - all the time - but this is a CPU killer so the other method is required.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:21 AM   #6979
lb0

Quote:
Hi all,

I am not sure if it happens on windows, but for mac, the label color choice is malfunctioning or reversed. If I changed the label color to cyan, it shows yellow.

Let me know if there's a fix for that. Once again, thanks all.

Cheers,
Hmmm. That's the first I've heard of that happening. The colours are chosen using the reaper colour dialog - and I was not aware of any differences between Mac and PC for this. What about other colours chosen in the same way - eg. strip page background colour in Settings? Does this also choose the incorrect colour?
Old 05-31-2020, 03:27 AM   #6980
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Wondering ...

With the growing Library of Graphic items, knobs, switches, etc ...

any thoughts, ideas on how finding stuff could be made easier ?

2. Something I've not tried ... Knob files are using the ext .knb Knobman uses .knob would changing the ext allow a .knb file to load into Knobman ?

Hey ... we're still in Isolation ! these are the things that get thought. :|
No - knb file is not in any way compatible with a .knob knobman file. I probably should have created a different extension instead of .knb to avoid any confusion - but too late now :P

If you or anyone has any suggestions regarding finding different elements - let me know.

But for strip control elements - you can already create FAV sets (in control browser) - where you basically add controls into a specific SET (folder) which you can rename to whatever - then clicking on the SET folder in the control browser - just shows you those controls you added to that SET. So basically you can reorganize them however you want.

To do this - simply click on a USER SET (this will then become the selected USER set). Then go into any of the default control folders (KNOBS/SLIDERS/BUTTONS/METERS etc) - right click on a control - and choose the Add to user set option.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:38 AM   #6981
timbralzoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNJUK2 View Post
Hi Ok. I load project and no strip in LBX

folder LBX_DrumTrigger I place Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\LBXCS_resources
JSFX in Effects
I dont know

And about Mute & Solo of not selected tracks in LBX
I try & not work

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nLg...ew?usp=sharing

And All HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hi,

apparently you already got the answer.
but!
i just want to say sorry! somehow i miss your post!

and Happy New Year!
Old 05-31-2020, 05:56 AM   #6982
timbralzoom

Default or, just a late realize

is this expected ?
limiting MAX value in the MODULATORS also limits the RANDOMIZE range somehow?
Randomized results never reach the limited MAX values (134 in this case)

-motto-
Old 05-31-2020, 07:37 AM   #6983
lb0

Quote:
is this expected ?
limiting MAX value in the MODULATORS also limits the RANDOMIZE range somehow?
Randomized results never reach the limited MAX values (134 in this case)

-motto-
I'll look into. Looks like a bug...
Old 05-31-2020, 07:43 AM   #6984
nexeu

Quote:
Hmmm. That's the first I've heard of that happening. The colours are chosen using the reaper colour dialog - and I was not aware of any differences between Mac and PC for this. What about other colours chosen in the same way - eg. strip page background colour in Settings? Does this also choose the incorrect colour?
Yes, all the color pickers are behaving the same way. I suppose I am the first explorer in mac. :O
Old 05-31-2020, 07:52 AM   #6985
nexeu

Quote:
The issue is that the UI elements (dialogs/sidebars etc) are completely separate to the strip area - and use different drawing routines. Many users like to have different sized UI elements compared to the strip area.

If you hold Ctrl (or shift) I forget - when adjusting some of the UI elements size in Settings - it does link some of the UI element sizes and adjusts them together. But there won't be a standard increase size of everything by X% unfortunately.

The strip area size can only be adjusted by whole multiplications (1x 2x 4x etc) due to the fact it's zooming bitmaps (as in-between adjustments mess up alignment of strip controls so when moving a control it would shift position by a pixel or two because you cannot draw a bitmap element at a fraction of a pixel (eg new real location would become 613.25 pixels - but this could only be drawn at 613 pixels). You will see this happen sometimes if you zoom the strip to < 1x.

On the other hand - UI elements are entirely vector based drawing - and drawn individually - so can be zoomed to any size.

Basically - the limitations are there for drawing of the strip area due to sometimes drawing the strip bitmaps from a pre-created back buffer in one go (all controls at once from a single bitmap) - and sometimes only drawing the actual control who's value is changed individually - and in this case alignment becomes important but not possible. Ideally - all controls would be redrawn individually - all the time - but this is a CPU killer so the other method is required.
I see. Somewhat I am getting the hold of it. I'm using os built-in zoom to toggle the zoom sometimes.

Also, the UI window doesn't cooperate when resizing into larger window by dragging from the bottom right corner. It seems to be alright when I do it from the top right corner. Do you guys face this issue too?
Old 05-31-2020, 08:47 AM   #6986
lb0

Quote:
I see. Somewhat I am getting the hold of it. I'm using os built-in zoom to toggle the zoom sometimes.

Also, the UI window doesn't cooperate when resizing into larger window by dragging from the bottom right corner. It seems to be alright when I do it from the top right corner. Do you guys face this issue too?
I think there have been other Mac users - but maybe none tried the colour picker.

I can resize the UI from anywhere and it resizes the GUI properly always. This is very odd - as it simply uses a standard check from Reaper to monitor the window size - is there a problem with this? I would have thought every script under the sun that allows resizing would have a similar issue - so people would complain a lot by now...

I'll check my code again to see if there's anything amiss. Just checked - it's simply checking Reaper's gfx.w and gfx.h variables for the script - so it seems maybe they are not updating properly for some reason...

Regarding the colour picker - would you mind doing a quick test. First set the label to all Blue (no Red/Green) - what colour does it show?

Then the same for Red and Green - and report what colour shows up. If it does simply need colours swapping around - this should give me the required info - and I'll add an option.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:29 AM   #6987
nexeu

Quote:
I think there have been other Mac users - but maybe none tried the colour picker.

I can resize the UI from anywhere and it resizes the GUI properly always. This is very odd - as it simply uses a standard check from Reaper to monitor the window size - is there a problem with this? I would have thought every script under the sun that allows resizing would have a similar issue - so people would complain a lot by now...

I'll check my code again to see if there's anything amiss. Just checked - it's simply checking Reaper's gfx.w and gfx.h variables for the script - so it seems maybe they are not updating properly for some reason...

Regarding the colour picker - would you mind doing a quick test. First set the label to all Blue (no Red/Green) - what colour does it show?

Then the same for Red and Green - and report what colour shows up. If it does simply need colours swapping around - this should give me the required info - and I'll add an option.
I find the window starts to behave that way when it hits certain maximised area value, and its covered with black to things that are located more than that area. (it's hard to explain).

For the color picker, the results are as attached.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2020-06-01 at 4.48.22 PM.png (17.1 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by nexeu; 06-07-2020 at 12:52 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:42 AM   #6988
lb0

Quote:
I find the window starts to behave that way when it hits certain maximised area value, and its covered with black to things that are located more than that area. (it's hard to explain).

Ok - in Settings->Appearance - have you checked the Enable surface size > 2048 pixels option?

It's added as an option - because it slows down start up of the script as it needs to import huge bitmaps to use as the buffers - but this will allow the screen to get bigger than 2048x2048 pixels wide.

There's an annoying limit to creating bitmaps in Reaper where the size limit is 2048 pixels. The only way to get around this is to load in larger bitmaps (which is much slower) to use as the buffers instead of creating them
Old 06-01-2020, 03:49 AM   #6989
lb0

Quote:

Re colour picker:

Thnks - Oh I see - the Mac picker is very different from the Windows one.

You're using the presets - does it do the same when picking an RGB component from the circular colour grid selector (looks like it's on a different tab - leftmost one)?

Does anywhere allow you to see the RGB components - and enter Red 255 Green 0 Blue 0 etc?

If when using the colour grid - it gives the correct results - then there's not much that can be done about the preset values - but if the colour grid RGB values also appear reversed - then I can probably add an option to swap the reported colours around.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:24 AM   #6990
nexeu

Quote:
Re colour picker:

Thnks - Oh I see - the Mac picker is very different from the Windows one.

You're using the presets - does it do the same when picking an RGB component from the circular colour grid selector (looks like it's on a different tab - leftmost one)?

Does anywhere allow you to see the RGB components - and enter Red 255 Green 0 Blue 0 etc?

If when using the colour grid - it gives the correct results - then there's not much that can be done about the preset values - but if the colour grid RGB values also appear reversed - then I can probably add an option to swap the reported colours around.

Yes, I really enjoy the Mac version of color picker. I'd just tried with RGB component as well, and it is the same.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2020-06-01 at 5.50.14 PM.png (59.7 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by nexeu; 06-07-2020 at 12:52 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:32 AM   #6991
lb0

Quote:
Yes, I really enjoy the Mac version of color picker. I'd just tried with RGB component as well, and it is the same.
Cool - will add an option to reverse reported red and blue elements.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:36 AM   #6992
nexeu

Quote:
Ok - in Settings->Appearance - have you checked the Enable surface size > 2048 pixels option?

It's added as an option - because it slows down start up of the script as it needs to import huge bitmaps to use as the buffers - but this will allow the screen to get bigger than 2048x2048 pixels wide.

There's an annoying limit to creating bitmaps in Reaper where the size limit is 2048 pixels. The only way to get around this is to load in larger bitmaps (which is much slower) to use as the buffers instead of creating them
OH YESS! This definitely solves it! Here goes to one of my Aha! moments. The window start to behave well when resizing as well. Thanks.

Cheers~
Old 06-01-2020, 04:50 AM   #6993
lb0

Quote:
OH YESS! This definitely solves it! Here goes to one of my Aha! moments. The window start to behave well when resizing as well. Thanks.

Cheers~
Ah great - didn't think of that before - I've only got 1080p screens here...

Have PM'd regarding colour picker fix...
Old 06-01-2020, 11:44 AM   #6994
timbralzoom

wouldn't be great?

if clicking with a modifier (Shift + LMB click ?)
to the Randomize Controls in the Grid,
will switches to the relevant Subset in the main Snapshot Window?
Old 06-01-2020, 02:44 PM   #6995
lb0

Quote:
wouldn't be great?

if clicking with a modifier (Shift + LMB click ?)
to the Randomize Controls in the Grid,
will switches to the relevant Subset in the main Snapshot Window?
Sounds reasonable
Old 06-01-2020, 02:46 PM   #6996
timbralzoom

Quote:
Sounds reasonable
YAY!
Old 06-01-2020, 06:38 PM   #6997
timbralzoom

ehamm..

most probably i ask this or something similar before

thinking to avoid crowded Subsets via
using multiple Advanced Randomize in the one Subset

is this possible currently or in the happy future,
isolate parameters by LINK GRP (or somehow) in the Advanced Randomize
so we can create/duplicate Advanced Randomizers that doesn't affect other groups/parameters when we Right Click them?
Old 06-03-2020, 04:00 AM   #6998
nexeu

Default Is there a way to sort out Control Browser items list? (Mac OS)

Guys,

I'd been having loads of fun exploring around LBX, and I was also re-modifying Timb's controls to my needs as well. So far, I had re-created possibilities of each knob in a different color and I realised the browser doesn't sort out the items by its name. So, its scattering everywhere disorderly.

Is there a way around to sort it by the file name? Or I missed out something?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot-2020-06-03-at-5.28.17-PM.jpg (56.9 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by nexeu; 06-03-2020 at 04:19 AM.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #6999
lb0

Quote:
ehamm..

most probably i ask this or something similar before

thinking to avoid crowded Subsets via
using multiple Advanced Randomize in the one Subset

is this possible currently or in the happy future,
isolate parameters by LINK GRP (or somehow) in the Advanced Randomize
so we can create/duplicate Advanced Randomizers that doesn't affect other groups/parameters when we Right Click them?
I haven't checked but thought this was already possible?
Old 06-03-2020, 09:02 AM   #7000
lb0

Quote:
Guys,

I'd been having loads of fun exploring around LBX, and I was also re-modifying Timb's controls to my needs as well. So far, I had re-created possibilities of each knob in a different color and I realised the browser doesn't sort out the items by its name. So, its scattering everywhere disorderly.

Is there a way around to sort it by the file name? Or I missed out something?
Hmmm - might be another difference between Mac and PC, on my PC - the items are ordered by the enumerate files function which basically reads them the way they are ordered in the controls folder. Have you tried sorting the controls folder by Name and restarting Stripper? (I assume this is possible on Mac)