Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 06-07-2010, 03:52 AM   #1
gofer
-blänk-

Default [IID #2588 Actions with On/Off toggle vs Toolbar icons.

Link to FR. Please vote here.
Learn more about the Feature Request tracker here

Summary: Icons stays off/on regardless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShumMakom
I have problem with some icons.
It stays OFF or ON regardless of its actually state.

It doesn't seem right (Especially for this action "Options: MIDI inputs as step input mode"):
[img]http://img227.**************/img227/9523/icontoggle.png[/img]
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:03 AM   #2
gofer
-blänk-

Confirmed for the specified action ("Options: MIDI inputs as step input mode"). If you encounter other actions with this problem, please report them in this thread.

Note, that not all toggle actions are suitable to toggle their button state, for example actions that toggle something on a specified selection of tracks or items (like mute events, mute tracks or mute items) aren't.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #3
gofer
-blänk-

transfer from the issue tracker:
Quote:
ICON for this custom action stays off even when enabled:
View: Toggle auto-view-scroll on playback
+
View: Go to play position
[IMG]http://img692.**************/img692/7893/14390239.png[/IMG]
Quote:
SWS/S&M: Open FX chains window

View -> Show screen sets window
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa
The MIDI step input and screenset window (as well as "show big clock" and a number of similar show/toggle commands) are fixed for the next build, so a custom toolbar button assigned to those actions will stay lit when toggled on.

Buttons assigned to custom actions don't reflect the on/off state of the component actions though (there could be multiple component actions that are toggles).
Quote:
wouldn't it be useful to have a special toggle action which can be added at the end (or anywhere..) of a custom action, so it will force that action to work with on/off states.?
Old 06-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
gofer
-blänk-

Re custom actions: It would be very cool to get them to toggle the button. ReaScript also can't toggle button states as far as I know.

You mean an action like "Misc: Toggle toolbar button state"? Sounds clever Though it would blindly toggle, without knowing whether the actual state should be on or off. Nevertheless, might be useful.

A way to go about it could maybe be a sort of pointer in the custom action one single action can be tagged with. That action would determine the button's state.

About the SWS extension actions not toggling, you should report them to Tim directly. This thread over at the SWS extension site seems exactly right: SWS issue tracker Issue #35 (scroll down, the thread has a happy end )
Old 06-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
Jeffos
Mortal

It seems gofer is speaking alone here.. hey, gofer are you alright !?

Yes, about the SWS/S&M action, I was about to post the exact same URL, thanks gofer. This is simply not (yet) implemented..

About the "Misc: Toggle toolbar button state" idea: I thought to that once! ..but I straightly give up the idea. It's possible but it will look like a "kludge": you can't "report" toggle states but you register an action as a togglelable* one. So, (as discussed elsewhere with one of the posters of this thread) one solution is to create some kind of action "wrappers": a fake action executing another one (your custom one) but that reports a toggle state. Other bad thing: even if the action could have a custom name, it would indeed be blind (eg always "false" when starting REAPER whatever is the real related state)

* I'll not bet anything on this english wording..
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #6
gofer
-blänk-

Hehe, I thought about registering another account as Mr Mop to avoid the quadrupleposting Thanks for asking, I feel exhausted but in a comfortable way .