Old 10-31-2020, 03:47 AM   #1
tonyhphoto
Human being with feelings

Default Missing notes during render

Hi, I'm using Native Instruments and Reaper; when playing back it all sounds great. When I go to render the track some notes don't play. Is this a Reaper problem? Tried different resampling rates, no go. Thanks!
tonyhphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 05:13 AM   #2
akademie

Hi tonyhphoto,
try to set "Full-speed Offline" option to "Online Render" in Render dialog window.
Some plugins do like that better, you know.
(Online mode is something like if you play the project in realtime and not as fast as machine can if Offline mode is selected).

Last edited by akademie; 10-31-2020 at 05:15 AM. Reason: typos
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 06:23 AM   #3
Marascus

Default Similar problem - just solved

Had a similar issue with a tambourine track in my render of a song I have just completed. Tambo track was pieced together by pasting multiple copies of a 3.5 second wav sample and on playback in Reaper it sounded perfect. Did a preliminary render last night & render was fine also.
Did a bit of minor tweaking today and playback still sounds exactly right but the renders I have done now all have 3 or 4 spots where the tambourine is suddenly silent for a few seconds.
Tried rendering online in real time & it made no difference. After reading something about this in a reddit forum I checked the plugins on the tambourine track and realised I had added a Polaris reverb plugin just before the tambourine started going heywire on the renders. Just rendered it again a few minutes ago without the reverb plugin & tambourine track is now intact & perfect again.
It's inconvenient that I can't use the plug-in and I don't really know why it made the tambourine fail on the render (Warning: I am a relative newbie so I really don't know that much at all) but at least the issue is fixed, so I'll take it!
I don't know if this will help your issue because obviously you don't want to disable the NI instruments themselves and there may be MIDI-related issues at play, but if there are any effects plugins on the NI tracks perhaps that could be the culprit? Hopefully there is no incompatibility between NI & Reaper, although the CPU % usage on the track is sometimes a clue I have found. Good luck!
Marascus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:55 AM   #4
tonyhphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademie View Post
Hi tonyhphoto,
try to set "Full-speed Offline" option to "Online Render" in Render dialog window.
Some plugins do like that better, you know.
(Online mode is something like if you play the project in realtime and not as fast as machine can if Offline mode is selected).
Thanks, but it's not that. I always do an online render.
tonyhphoto is offline   Reply With Quote