Old 09-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
sikejsudjek
Human being with feelings

Default Emu 0404 Win 7 driver links

Just in case anyone is using the emu 0404 pci card or equivalent, to save you the two days of tearing your hair out I've experienced, the beta Windows 7 drivers and patchmix application are linked below. For some bizarre reason Creative have removed them for the 0404 support links and only give a vista driver which was giving me BSOD's with reaper with a quad core win 7 64bit system. The win 7 beta drivers show up under another emu product, but support the 0404's (and don't give a BSOD....)

http://support.creative.com/download...wnloadId=11913

http://support.creative.com/download...wnloadId=12479

(see discussion here : http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5431416)

These drivers also automatically switch patchmix sample rates unlike the vista drivers.
sikejsudjek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #2
Smurf

Thanks for the info sikejsudjek!

I had a 0404 PCI way back but got rid of it because of the one-side-getting-lost problem. Does your card work in stereo 100% with these drivers?

If so I just might need to pick up another one for cheap....
Old 10-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
sikejsudjek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
Thanks for the info sikejsudjek!

I had a 0404 PCI way back but got rid of it because of the one-side-getting-lost problem. Does your card work in stereo 100% with these drivers?

If so I just might need to pick up another one for cheap....
Yep works without this error. So far its always worked with both stereo channels.Sounds crystal clear too.

The one problem I have had, is occasional BSOD's when using the buggy EMU WDM drivers with my usb mike that doesn't have asio. (The asio drivers seem to work well at 8ms latency and rarely if ever crash).

If you need to use the wdm drivers with the 0404 pci, the solution seems to be to instead use asio4all drivers. On win 7 this often seems to give a 'not connected error', the solution is to 1) disable microsoft software synth in reaper's midi devices,

2) if asio4all still giving 'not connected error' open 'services' from the start menu before opening reaper, and stop 'windows audio' from the services list (right click select stop). Then open reaper, asio4all loads up ok, and this can be used instead of the wdm driver. So far after initial , no BSOD's and lowish latency of 8ms.
After recording session is finished, start up 'windows audio' in the services list again (right click windows audio service, selet start).

Using 48,000kz seems pretty stable, and must be set in reaper, patchmix and windows sound settings (control panel). No exclusive mode use on windows sound setting (control panel). Set asio4all not to use hardware buffers,512 sample block, and this gives 15/11 latency (lowest I've got stable yet) with usb mike.
Hopefully this will save a couple of weeks messing about for anyone trying to get this card to work in WDM mode ! :-)

Last edited by sikejsudjek; 10-15-2013 at 09:39 AM.
sikejsudjek is offline   Reply With Quote