Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 09-26-2019, 11:50 PM   #41
zedug
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
But... this weekend, I'm hoping to at least release a beta for anyone who wants to beta-test... I had someone comment on my YouTube channel video for the MK3... asking for beta-testing. I could definitely use the help!

Stuff is NUTS.

And FUN!!!
Yes please count me in for the beta-test. It so happens that I'm not working next week so the timing is good
zedug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:57 PM   #42
themixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedug View Post
Yes please count me in for the beta-test. It so happens that I'm not working next week so the timing is good
Thanks! Will do. I'm ALMOST done with the BULK of the stuff... huge bulk. Which controller do you have again? MK3? You'll love it, if so
themixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:01 AM   #43
themixtape

9/27/2019 Update---

Removed from the project:
Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S25, S49, S61 (MK1).

The ONLY customizable things are the two touch strips, and the 8 encoders... yes, it can do keyboard zones but as far as Reaper goes, an X-Touch Mini, NanoKontrol 2, Beatstep, or Launch Control XL would do a far better job, with the combo of buttons, knobs (or encoders).

Better yet, use the DrivenByMoss4Reaper stuff with the MK1 Komplete Kontrol keyboards if you have one... you get transport, encoders, visual feedback, the whole nine. There are some issues with 8.00 and 8.10 (with slowing down Reaper) but I've found version 7.05 is pretty stable and functional. It definitely adds some nice stuff to the MK1 series... but as far as other customizations go, it's just barely customizable.

A bargain, though, for anyone who can't afford the MK2 series. The Komplete Kontrol plugin is still insanely useful and powerful... find presets EASILY and tweak whatever you want (still love Komplete Kontrol, overall)
Old 09-27-2019, 12:03 AM   #44
zedug

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Which controller do you have again? MK3? You'll love it, if so
Yes, Maschine MK3
zedug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:01 AM   #45
themixtape

Default X-Touch Mini!

Quick update-- my sleep schedule is off majorly... ugh. Spent the entire weekend fighting with a Behringer X-Touch Compact and its Layer A and Layer B... Mackie Control. Ugh. Need I say more? Probably, haha.

Thanks guys, for following everything still. Hopefully this week I can roll out some beta-testing stuff for all this.

I've had to re-do, re-do, re-do and re-do maps for NI stuff, Arturia, etc... and I developed a newfound love for Behringer's X-Touch Mini, which basically rules, in a lot of ways. If that damn thing had 8 layers instead of 2, it would be the best cheap midi controller ever. A close comparison would be the Arturia Beatstep. 16 encoders, 16 pads/buttons, and 16 presets. I tell ya... there's a lot of great deals out there that a lot of people are unaware of. Soon I'll do a YouTube video about it.

If Behringer put out an X-Touch Mini MKII, or something... I would LOVE to see 16 encoders on it, and 24 or 32 buttons. And at least 4 layers. Layer A, B, C, D. That would be the most amazing controller, ever. The encoder rings... super useful. The push-encoders. Or better yet, all that stuff, plus a 4-way click encoder, like the Maschine MK3, and the MK2 Komplete Kontrol keyboards.

Behringer's gotta do something like that in the future. They need something in between the X-Touch, X-Touch Compact, X-Touch One and the Mini... they need something for like $150, and that would be the winner.

Anyway... still excited to roll out this stuff. I know everyone is super-hype on the CSI stuff that Geoff and Michael post about all the time, but I find my 10-month long project to be pretty useful in a lot of ways... and you don't need to code anything, really. Just plug in your controller, add the files and maps, and voila. It's almost like a Reaper script, without the scripting.

I need sleep. 6am...

Hang tight, it's coming soon!
Old 10-04-2019, 06:35 PM   #46
themixtape

I'm basically done with everything!

Added a MK3 demonstration video in the original post, and a Maschine Studio (white) demonstration, showing how a lot of functions work... again in the original post.

updates:
- I removed all Channel 1 button assignments (and there were many) to Channel 11, and moved some Channel 11 ones to fit the former Channel 1 ones. Reason for this? It's not a good idea to map anything to Channel 1 (lots of conflicts with various things)
- I updated the guide at least 5 separate times in the last 3 months, making it easier to read, and making sure all the CC assignments reflect exactly what they should be doing.
- I figured out how to correctly save Controller Editor Templates and Configurations without having them load old ones. It's not perfect, but works a lot better than a month ago. CE has some weird-ass quirks that I despise. Namely, loading old configuration files, even though NEW ones were saved. This has caused the biggest headache for me.

Hang tight... if all goes well, I'll release everything tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:21 AM   #47
dreadnet

Have you release your project?
dreadnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:55 PM   #48
themixtape

Not yet, just trying to organize the files and figure out the best way to promote the release.. and where. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #49
themixtape

Anyone interested in beta-testing... lemme know via PM. I can upload a few zip files for you. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2019, 11:03 PM   #50
themixtape

Started rolling it out... two beta-testers have the files. Thank you for your interest so far!