Old 01-08-2019, 03:23 AM   #1
Dannii
Human being with feelings

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)
Default Waves Got Me Again!!

No doubt more than a few of you have received the Waves $29 plugin sale email today. I noticed they have Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain in the sale this time so I took the time for an impulse buy and grabbed it.
I'm a huge fan of the Scheps Omni Channel (it has become one of my most used plugins) so I'm hoping this new addition will be just as useful.

If you are after anything from Waves, here's my discount code for an extra 10 percent off......

https://www.waves.com/r/exgmq5

/sp@m

Last edited by Dannii; 05-21-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Dannii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:17 AM   #2
sostenuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
No doubt more than a few of you have received the Waves $29 plugin sale email today. I noticed they have Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain in the sale this time so I took the time for an impulse buy and grabbed it.
I'm a huge fan of the Scheps Omni Channel (it has become one of my most used plugins) so I'm hoping this new addition will be just as useful.

If you are after anything from Waves, here's my discount code for an extra 10 percent off......

/sp@m
Will be most interested to know what your experiences are after using the AR TG Mastering Chain, as contrasted with Scheps Omni Channel. I have AR TG and very pleased, although my expertise is well below yours.
Likely going to add Scheps very soon, regardless.
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:44 AM   #3
citizenkeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by sostenuto View Post
Likely going to add Scheps very soon, regardless.

It's $29 today.

Do I really need it?
citizenkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #4
BenK-msx

Got that recently, not really used in anger yet as getting my head around ozone 8.

Dave's thoughts welcome
Old 01-08-2019, 01:41 PM   #5
foxAsteria

Anyone use UltraPitch and is it fast enough for realtime guitar?
Old 01-09-2019, 06:31 AM   #6
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by sostenuto View Post
Will be most interested to know what your experiences are after using the AR TG Mastering Chain, as contrasted with Scheps Omni Channel.
Yeah. That's what I am interested in exploring too. It will be interesting to compare CPU usage between the two as well. I actually purchased the TG Mastering Chain without even downloading the demo which is something I rarely do. Hopefully it was a wise decision. At the price I got it for though, it was a bit of a no brainer given my experience with Omni Channel and some of the other recent Waves purchases I've made.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:15 AM   #7
crootnik

I bought it. I've got Izotope Mastering, but this looked interesting. Hell, it's about the cost of a bottle of 2015 Mondavi cabernet, so I the price kind of hooked me..I very much like Wave plugins.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:45 AM   #8
ivansc

Plugin discounts with ReaDaves discount got the price down to just over 22 bucks. 18 GB pounds!

Last edited by ivansc; 01-13-2019 at 03:11 PM.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:27 PM   #9
sostenuto

Compared to most here, just a true novice. Now working far more with Orchestral content and libraries than pop /rock /edm /jazz …..

AR TG is a decent crutch, but not so sure about Scheps Omni Channel. Presets also get me in the ballpark, but neither really has much for my needs.

I know, I know …. EQ, Comp, Preamp, Gate .., ( likely some Filter, Reverb, Delay, etc.), but whole different world to sort.

Gotta spend $29. for Omini CH and learn for myself ???

(edit ) ….. Just installed Omni Ch. Thinking seriously about adding IR1 Conv Reverb to use in empty rack slot. Anyone doing similar using any Waves Reverbs ??

Last edited by sostenuto; 01-09-2019 at 07:58 PM.
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:09 PM   #10
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post

/sp@m
I made the leap but saw no place where I could put in your discount code. So here's mine:

https://www.waves.com/r/lfcye3

Wow! The Scheps Omni Channel has about a skillion or so presets. I'm going to be busy for the next week or so...
Old 01-09-2019, 06:26 AM   #11
Dannii

Yeah. The Scheps Omni is a real treasure. The only thing I'm not hugely blown away by is the HF EQ. I tend to use other options in that regard but everything else, including the other EQ bands is right up there for my vintage character needs and also as a general purpose channel strip.

I'll share the presets I created recently for Neve 1073 saturation. I actually used a combination of the odd and even harmonic drive from the preamp section with some non linearity from the compressor (even without using actual compression) to get as close as I could and I'm pretty happy with the results.