Old 07-13-2019, 10:36 AM   #1
Mr. Green
Human being with feelings

Default VU Meter internal color fix?

Hey guys,
I have a set of colors I find ideal for metering that I'd like to use in other themes, but when I go and delete the "meter_strip" png's from the theme zip, I'm left with a dimmed image of my internal vu theme colors when the meter is unlit. The metering itself looks fine when in use, but when it is not, that faint image just doesn't look right; kinda looks like an old, faded-out piece of colorized plastic. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Or am I just doing it wrong all together? (which is likely the case) Appreciate any help - thx.
Mr. Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:11 AM   #2
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

The instruction to delete the meter images is primarily for users who want to get back the 'old' method of colouring VUs, using the colour assignments in the theme tweaker.

Colouring the VUs with an image is the new (not that new any more!) method, and its much more powerful. One of the many advantages is that if you have a theme with VU colours you like, you can copy those images over to another theme and they will work with no further messing about.

Unpack both themes, copy and paste the meter_strip images, refresh theme, done!
Old 07-13-2019, 11:55 AM   #3
Mr. Green
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
The instruction to delete the meter images is primarily for users who want to get back the 'old' method of colouring VUs, using the colour assignments in the theme tweaker.

Colouring the VUs with an image is the new (not that new any more!) method, and its much more powerful. One of the many advantages is that if you have a theme with VU colours you like, you can copy those images over to another theme and they will work with no further messing about.

Unpack both themes, copy and paste the meter_strip images, refresh theme, done!
Well, I'm actually trying to do that, but both of the themes I am trying to switch out use monochromatic meters, and I am attempting to insert a polychromatic one. The png images in the originals appear to use 4 pixels to define their color. I am attempting to insert my own image in their place (created from a screenshot using my old settings), but can't get it working as of yet. Any pointers?

edit: NEVERMIND. I figured it out. I wasn't cropping the image correctly before saving - lol. It's working now. Thx!
Mr. Green is offline   Reply With Quote