COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > NINJAM Discussion > NINJAM User Discussion

Old 08-08-2023, 08:53 PM   #1
Rock Tribe
Human being with feelings

Default The project to categorize jams, only with blogspot and gdrive...

Actually, it would be great if we could have such a possibility on ninbot.com (of course I sent an e-mail to the dear admin about this).

In order to categorize the jams, you can listen to them and have the parts you like analyzed by cyanite.ai.

This is how I did it, it took 5 months Apart from listening and cutting, it took about half an hour a day just to analyze and add this information to the blogspot page. Especially jams older than 5 months may have missing information or errors, sorry about that.

And this is the result:
https://jamsradyo.blogspot.com/p/search.html

With a library called list.js I was able to do this without requiring a database.

- You can do multi-word (nicks) searches.
- You can select and list Genre, Sound, Mood and various tags from the menus.
- You can use various sort and filter options.
- You can play randomly and all lists are also a auto playlist.

These are the jams I've played in the last 2-3 years. At the moment 760 mp3s are listed and it will increase a bit with each jam.

For example, you can list sad or energetic songs that use trumpets. There are special tags for brutal vocals or female vocals. If you take a look at the multiple categorization options, you will notice them immediately.

At the same time, the jammer and sound count in the filter section provide interesting information for the flow of jams. You can list them according to the number of people participating and their position in the jam. For example, in a jam with 4 people, 13 mp3s with 1Lead 1Bass 1Rhythm 1Traps are listed (this means that a "regular" jam formation is 13 in 760 ).

Why I did such a thing (I really spended a lot of time)?

Because every jam is precious to me, I didn't want it to get lost. Even if it meant nothing to those who were playing at the time, or maybe someone who had played NINJAM once in their life, if the mind synchronization achieved at that moment was noteworthy, I had to categorize it.

I believe that the community that plays in NINJAM is an interesting experiment. Maybe it is a community that carries hope for the world.

I attribute many meanings to these improvisations that take place in order for music to unite us.

My sincere thanks to everyone who made this possible.

If you are a believer in sounds (which I am). With the random button on this advance search page, you will feel that all jams are available at the same time (all possibilities exist at the same time).

And first mp3 of the list (except for the random section) lists the most recent jam in order of newest to oldest.

Maybe I'm just a dreamer. I don't know, it's just a dream that people can get along and unite only through music.

We may be separating each other by religion, language, race or many other considerations while we flow in harmony in the jams where our hearts beat together in the same synchronization.

I don't want to believe that this is so. If this is a dream, please don't wake me up and one day I will slowly disappear with the sound waves...

Last edited by Rock Tribe; 08-08-2023 at 09:08 PM.
Rock Tribe is offline   Reply With Quote