Old 03-01-2020, 04:31 PM   #1
dashman
Human being with feelings

Default Dragonfly Reverb help

Hi, all,

I've tried to use Reaper off and on through the years, started off with a bang using the demo version. Then PC went crazy and put an end to it all. Tried a few more times then gave up.

Got a 'new' PC some time ago, have been learning Reaper and at the same time have been trying to finish a song with it. It's not an easy song so it's been a learning curve for both.

Anyhow, I promised that if I could finish that song, that one song, I would buy Reaper. Didn't happen that way...song is not done but it's close, but I went ahead and bought Reaper several months ago.

Now about DFly Reverb. I tried it when in one of the earlier versions and it was just Dragonfly Reverb. Sounded real good but was too PCU heavy (I thought) so I quit trying it. Turns out there were some organizational changes I made recently that allowed some plugins I thought I would have to abandon to be able to be used just fine. So, I downloaded vers 3.0 but every time I try to add it to an FX list in a track, Reaper crashes.

It unzips to 4 folders and 4 dll files. I've tried adding them all together and tried one at a time, same result.

I've not been able to find anything about this, seems like it's pretty smooth installing for everyone as it was for me the first time.

Any ideas would be appreciated, and, I'm sure glad to be here!
Old 03-01-2020, 04:36 PM   #2
jelloman

Michael Willis, the developer, is a member here...try PM'ing him your problem, I'm sure he'd be interested...

https://forum.cockos.com/member.php?u=127483

In the meantime I still have the Version 2.0 release if you'd like to try it...I've never had an issue with any of the Dragonflys, and I had the version 3.0s running today without issue...

If you want version 2.0 to try PM me your email and I'll send it to you...
jelloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:05 PM   #3
dashman

Thanks, Jelloman,

I've been following the long thread on development of DFly from the git-go, couldn't find it a while ago when posting this request for help though I didn't look too hard because, being really inexperienced in this forum, I wasn't sure if my post would end up at the end of that multi-page thread and go un-noticed.

Thanks kindly for your offer, I may take you up on that, although I'm not sure that at this point I wouldn't end up with the same issues.

I perhaps should have started off with a PM to Michael, again, just not used to the ins and outs of the forums although I read the posts a lot.
Old 03-01-2020, 07:12 PM   #4
Goldreap

Those 4 dlls and 4 folders should be inside one folder and that one folder should be in your plugin path. Is that how you have it?
Goldreap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:20 PM   #5
dashman

I think that is the last thing I tried, Goldreap, but not sure. Will give that a go tomorrow AM.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2020, 11:22 AM   #6
Michael Willis

Who else is using Dragonfly Reverb on Windows? Is it working for you or not? Does anybody experience the same problem as dashman?
Michael Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:35 AM   #7
gibi25

Reaper 6 and WIN 10 here.
Just dropped the whole directory into my Vst 64 folder.
The four reverbs are working like a charm.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:52 AM   #8
dashman

Hi, Michael,

and thanks for putting out that query. As I said, I had no trouble with the earlier version. I'm on W10 and nothing else seems to be out of sorts, so I really don't know what the issue could be...
Old 01-25-2022, 09:10 AM   #9
Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Willis View Post
Who else is using Dragonfly Reverb on Windows? Is it working for you or not? Does anybody experience the same problem as dashman?
Yes I am. I think (after many hours) I found the problem I had with one of my project. Reaper would crash at the opening of the project.

I will spare you the process of finding the culprit, but after deleting DrogonFly reverb in the faulty RPP file, I can now start the project (cross my finger here).

I'm using Reaper 6.46 on Windows 10 (21H1 with all the latest updates). I think it is interesting to note that I have a Nvidia graphic card GeForce GT220. It seems that this could be a problem from what I read.

Hope this can help.
Réal
Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:53 AM   #10
Real

Default Update to the DragonFly crash problem

Hello,

An update to the post I just send about the DragonFly problem I had.

I did an update of DragonFly from 3.2.3 to 3.2.5 and it seems that everything is working smoothly.

I just dont know what the problem could have be.

I still cross my fingers.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:18 AM   #11
dashman

Thanks, Real,

I forgot I posted this a long time ago. I was since able to get Dragonfly up and running, no problems, and I still use it.

I'm not sure what version I have, I should probably check on that and update if needed.

I, too, have an Nvidia G Force and suspect it is responsible for various issues I have into, even with updated drivers.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:54 AM   #12
Real

Thank you Dashman,

Regarding the nVidia graphic card, just to let you know that I currently have a problem with a TB Audio plugin called GSat+. The levels just wont show up.

I asked TB Audio about it and they answered that the fault was (probably) my graphic card (without any other information).

Hum... Not sure what to think about this.

Thanks again for your answer.
Réal
Old 02-13-2022, 05:29 AM   #13
Michael Willis

I am not on this forum often so I just barely saw this. A while back there was an issue related to Dragonfly's use of OpenGL and some Nvidia drivers, but I think it was fixed in a subsequent release of Distrho Plugin Framework, which is used by Dragonfly Reverb.
Michael Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 08:12 AM   #14
ivansc

Sorry, Michael, but I too have problems getting the current version of the reverbs to work. They appear to install OK and are in my list of plugin locations OK, but nothing shows up when I TRY TO LOAD THEM TO A TRACK!

Very odd indeed, bearing in mind everything had been working 10)% OK up until very recently.

I will try again...

I just did & it is all working again! Cheers.

Last edited by ivansc; 02-13-2022 at 08:17 AM.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote