Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-14-2020, 03:12 AM   #1
Xasman
Human being with feelings

Default Presonus Faderport v2, Behringer X-Touch One or Icon Platform Nano?

Hi Everyone,

I've spent quite some time gong through the various threads about both the above controllers but many comments are quite old and/or somewhat inconclusive. Given that, since version v6.05, REAPER apparently has native support for the Faderport v2, I would appreciate some up-to-date thoughts on the following:

I'm considering buying a controller for REAPER and have narrowed it down to either the Presonus Faderport v2, Behringer X-Touch One or Icon Platform Nano. I know the Behringer is a tad cheaper but the price difference is not enough to be much of an issue. Overall, which of the two would you guys recommend?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by Xasman; 04-14-2020 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Added Icon PN after Funkybot's suggestion...
Xasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:51 AM   #2
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xasman View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've spent quite some time gong through the various threads about both the above controllers but many comments are quite old and/or somewhat inconclusive. Given that, since version v6.05, REAPER apparently has native support for the Faderport v2, I would appreciate some up-to-date thoughts on the following:

I'm considering buying a controller for REAPER and have narrowed it down to either the Presonus Faderport v2 or Behringer X-Touch One. I know the Behringer is a tad cheaper but the price difference is not enough to be much of an issue. Overall, which of the two would you guys recommend?

Many thanks in advance.
I'll warn you right off the bat, the Behringer X-Touch One does not play nicely with several USB chipsets used on Ryzen motherboards. I found this out the hard way after getting a new PC. The X-Touch One isn't seen by Windows at all. From what I've read, the solution is to buy a third-party USB PCIe card.

Not sure that should impact your decision, the ICON Platform M Nano also apparently had similar issues, but just something to keep an eye on. I contacted Behringer support yesterday about this (as well as ASRock about maybe getting this fixed in a USB driver update) but I'm not optimistic at the moment.

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/...03/td-p/272337

https://community.amd.com/thread/244174

Last edited by Funkybot; 04-14-2020 at 09:12 AM.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:10 AM   #3
Xasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I'll warn you right off the bat, the Behringer X-Touch One does not play nicely with several USB chipsets used on Ryzen motherboards...
Thanks Funkybot - that's good to know. I'll bear that information in mind.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:14 AM   #4
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xasman View Post
Thanks Funkybot - that's good to know. I'll bear that information in mind.
I otherwise really liked the Berhringer using it with CSI. The pan encoder on the X-Touch isn't great, but I hear the same thing about the FaderPort. The Icon Platform Nano is another similar surface with more controls you may want to consider as well.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:19 PM   #5
Xasman

Quote:
...The Icon Platform Nano is another similar surface with more controls you may want to consider as well.
Thanks again Funkybot - the Icon somehow slipped under my radar entirely! Just looked it up - I definitely like the fact that it's both bus-powered and class compliant. Reading a bit more though reveals lots of complaints about build quality and functionality (e.g. only being able to select tracks in groups of 8), so I don't know...

Last edited by Xasman; 04-14-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:20 PM   #6
carlier74

Default Same boat

Hi Xasman,

Did you end up buying one? I'm in a similar position, where a lot of the discussion is pre the 6.05 Faderport v2 update. I'm wondering if the bugs have been dealt with and whether or not that device works ok now.
Old 10-16-2021, 08:18 AM   #7
lockwoodiii

Default Single motorised fader

Hi, does anyone have an update on the best supported single motorised fader for Reaper? The Icon Pro Platform Nano, Behringer X Touch One, and Presonus Faderport v2 all look suitable devices from a hardware point of view, but I can't find any definitive answers as to which works best with Reaper.

The main thing I'm after, other than the controls working as labelled, is the ability to select a track with my mouse in Reaper and have the hardware controller then automatically take control of that track (without having to adjust banks or scroll through tracks on the controller itself).

I've tried contacting the manufacturers, but the two that replied (Behringer and Presonus) were unable to answer my query. Any help before I take the plunge and purchase one of these devices would be greatly appreciated.
lockwoodiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 08:43 AM   #8
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwoodiii View Post
Hi, does anyone have an update on the best supported single motorised fader for Reaper? The Icon Pro Platform Nano, Behringer X Touch One, and Presonus Faderport v2 all look suitable devices from a hardware point of view, but I can't find any definitive answers as to which works best with Reaper.

The main thing I'm after, other than the controls working as labelled, is the ability to select a track with my mouse in Reaper and have the hardware controller then automatically take control of that track (without having to adjust banks or scroll through tracks on the controller itself).

I've tried contacting the manufacturers, but the two that replied (Behringer and Presonus) were unable to answer my query. Any help before I take the plunge and purchase one of these devices would be greatly appreciated.
I believe the Faderport 2 works that way out of the box with Reaper. You can also accomplish that with any of those surfaces and the CSI plugin. I use the X-Touch One in CSI with a selected track setup. Works great.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:51 PM   #9
lockwoodiii

Thanks for getting back to me. Looks like its the X Touch One then! Is the CSI plugin easy to set up?
Old 10-16-2021, 05:27 PM   #10
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me. Looks like its the X Touch One then! Is the CSI plugin easy to set up?
It’s not hard. Check out the CSI thread and the wiki. The download includes X-Touch One files. Then you can customize it further based off what’s provided.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:25 AM   #11
lockwoodiii

That's great. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-26-2021, 12:08 PM   #12
lockwoodiii

Hi Funkybot,

I've just taken delivery of the X Touch One. It's been a bit of a **** to set up. My computer didn't even detect it at first, which turned out to be an issue with AMD motherboards. I managed to update the firmware and now the computer and controller are finally talking to one another

I did the standard Behringer set up initially and just about everything seemed to work, except following the mouse selected track. I was half expecting this so I continued on and set up CSI...

The jogwheel works much better using this this method and most of the other buttons seem to do what they're supposed to, but the BIG problem I'm having is that the automation buttons (Read, Write, Trim, Touch and Latch) don't work at all (they worked using the Behringer set up, but I really want to be able to select a track with my mouse and have the X Touch One follow it).

If you can offer any help at all as to how to get the track automation buttons working in CSI it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards.

PS. I already tried pressing the buttons in Reaper's Action menu to try and set them up this way, but they don't seem to generate a midi control message - or, if they do, Reaper is not detecting it.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:46 AM   #13
Funkybot

Quote:
Hi Funkybot,

I've just taken delivery of the X Touch One. It's been a bit of a **** to set up. My computer didn't even detect it at first, which turned out to be an issue with AMD motherboards. I managed to update the firmware and now the computer and controller are finally talking to one another

I did the standard Behringer set up initially and just about everything seemed to work, except following the mouse selected track. I was half expecting this so I continued on and set up CSI...

The jogwheel works much better using this this method and most of the other buttons seem to do what they're supposed to, but the BIG problem I'm having is that the automation buttons (Read, Write, Trim, Touch and Latch) don't work at all (they worked using the Behringer set up, but I really want to be able to select a track with my mouse and have the X Touch One follow it).

If you can offer any help at all as to how to get the track automation buttons working in CSI it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards.

PS. I already tried pressing the buttons in Reaper's Action menu to try and set them up this way, but they don't seem to generate a midi control message - or, if they do, Reaper is not detecting it.
Just an FYI - these types of questions are generally better asked in the CSI Device Setup thread as I don't really check on other threads regularly and this forum doesn't allow you to tag users. But anyway...

Some questions first:

1. What "mode" and overlay are you using the X-Touch One with? My X-Touch One files were setup using MC STD mode. In that mode, I didn't use dedicated automation buttons. But some of the other modes on the surface do use those.

The modes are important because the X-Touch One is totally bizarre in that it reconfigures buttons behind the scenes based on what mode it's in. Example, the button titled F1 on the surface might be called Read in Cubase mode and it completely reconfigures the MIDI messages.

2. Once you confirm the mode you're using, please post the CSI files you're using.

The solution is probably as simple as adding the Read, Write, etc. buttons to the SelectedTrack.zon file.
Old 10-27-2021, 11:30 AM   #14
lockwoodiii

I have the X Touch One in MC Reaper mode - although I did try MC User and MC Studio One as well, which seemed to maker things worse.

Yes, it's the function buttons I was having problems with. Since posting, I've managed to make quite a bit of progress. I now have the F1 to F5 buttons working as Read, Write, Trim, Touch and Latch respectively. I did this by using the MIDI OX software to find out what MIDI codes each of these buttons was generating when pressed.

Then, following more research, I went into Reaper's Action menu and copied the Command ID for each of the actions I wanted. It was then a case of mapping the function buttons in the "X-Touch_one" file inside the CSI - Surfaces - Midi folder, and copying the Command IDs to the relevant function buttons in the "Buttons" file inside the CSI - Zones - X-Touch_One folder.

The only remaining issue is the LEDs inside the function buttons on the controller. If I enter the MIDI on/off codes into the "Widget F1" to "Widget F5" lines beginning "Press" and "FB_TwoState" in the "X-Touch_One" file in the CSI - Surfaces - Midi folder one way around, the function buttons LEDs stay on all of the time. If I enter the MIDI codes the other way around, they stay off all of the time. I can't seem to get them to come on when the buttons are activated and go off when the buttons are pressed again. Am I missing something?

Thanks for getting back to me again, much appreciated.
Old 10-27-2021, 12:08 PM   #15
Funkybot

Quote:
The only remaining issue is the LEDs inside the function buttons on the controller. If I enter the MIDI on/off codes into the "Widget F1" to "Widget F5" lines beginning "Press" and "FB_TwoState" in the "X-Touch_One" file in the CSI - Surfaces - Midi folder one way around, the function buttons LEDs stay on all of the time. If I enter the MIDI codes the other way around, they stay off all of the time. I can't seem to get them to come on when the buttons are activated and go off when the buttons are pressed again. Am I missing something?
I prefer MC Std, but it sounds like you're on the right path and doing things the right way. That's the beauty of CSI, once you spend a little time understanding the basics you can customize it very deeply!

For automation, you don't want to use the Reaper actions. Use these...

https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...#trackautomode

Just be sure to 1) replace the button names of "Read", "Write", etc. from that example with F1, F2, etc. and then 2) make sure you're adding these in the CSI zone with the SelectedTrackNavigator (if using the included X-Touch zones add that into the SelectedChannel.zon). Once you do that, the feedback will work!

It's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the Action Reference section of the Wiki (as well as others) just to try to get the most out of CSI. If there's a native CSI action for something, it's best to use that because that should ensure feedback works.

Last edited by Funkybot; 10-27-2021 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-27-2021, 05:11 PM   #16
Funkybot

Quote:
I should mention: I'd strongly advise folks not to mess with the .mst file unless you've got good reason. If you start reversing the order of the MIDI data in the .mst file you're going to create issues.

The CSI automation actions I linked to in my prior post will report the correct feedback state. For CSI to correctly display the feedback state for a native Reaper Action, that action needs to report "On" or "Off" in the action list. Not every Reaper action does this (most don't). When an action doesn't report the correct state to the X-Touch, you may get a light that's always on. So you may want the light off and the way to do that is like this...

Code:
SomeButton              Reaper "SomeActionThatDoesn'tReportState"
Property+SomeButton     NoFeedback
That Property+[WidgetName] followed by NoFeedback will shut off feedback and turn the lights off when you don't want them constantly on.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:50 AM   #17
lockwoodiii

Following your advice, I've managed to move away from using Reaper's Action menu command IDs and replace them with the commands found in the Github page you posted a link to. Putting the "TrackAutoMode" data inside the "SelectedChannel.zon" file didn't work, but entering it into the "Buttons.zon" file did the trick

I tried the MC Std mode on the controller instead of MC Reaper, but the automation (Function) buttons stopped working when I did that. Also, with you mentioning that it's a bad idea to change the MIDI mst file, I put the original back (having learned the hard way, I always back up files before changing them). When I did this though, the function keys once more became completely unresponsive - it's as though Behringer has changed the MIDI codes for those buttons or something.

Despite having replaced Reaper Actions with the CSI data, unfortunately the function buttons LEDs still don't illuminate, even when pressed. Do your (track automation) F1 to F5 buttons light up when pressed and go out after pushing another button?

Thanks again.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:35 PM   #18
lockwoodiii

Success!!!

For anyone experiencing the same problem (F1 to F5 buttons not lighting up when pressed) on a new Behringer X Touch One controller, in the Reaper > CSI > Surfaces > Midi folder, open the X-Touch_One file in your favourite text editor and locate the Widget F1 to Widget F5 section. Then replace just that section with the following (remember to back up the original file first in case you need it later):

Widget F1
Press 90 4a 7f 90 4a 00
FB_TwoState 90 4a 7f 90 4a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget F2
Press 90 4b 7f 90 4b 00
FB_TwoState 90 4b 7f 90 4b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget F3
Press 90 4c 7f 90 4c 00
FB_TwoState 90 4c 7f 90 4c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget F4
Press 90 4d 7f 90 4d 00
FB_TwoState 90 4d 7f 90 4d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget F5
Press 90 4e 7f 90 4e 00
FB_TwoState 90 4e 7f 90 4e 00
WidgetEnd

Finally save and exit the file. Hopefully, when you launch Reaper, the F1 to F5 keys on the X Touch One controller will now illuminate when pressed!

If it doesn't work, you may need to use the MIDI-OX software http://www.midiox.com/ to find out the MIDI codes produced by your controller's F1 to F5 buttons.

Thanks again to Funkybot for all his help.
Old 10-28-2021, 04:55 PM   #19
Funkybot

Quote:
Success!!!

For anyone experiencing the same problem (F1 to F5 buttons not lighting up when pressed) on a new Behringer X Touch One controller, in the Reaper > CSI > Surfaces > Midi folder, open the X-Touch_One file in your favourite text editor and locate the Widget F1 to Widget F5 section. Then replace just that section with the following (remember to back up the original file first in case you need it later):

Finally save and exit the file. Hopefully, when you launch Reaper, the F1 to F5 keys on the X Touch One controller will now illuminate when pressed!

If it doesn't work, you may need to use the MIDI-OX software http://www.midiox.com/ to find out the MIDI codes produced by your controller's F1 to F5 buttons.

Thanks again to Funkybot for all his help.
...I'd advise anyone reading this NOT to change the .mst file. That's not the ideal way to "fix" this issue (though it worked).

You were right when you said that the X-Touch One reconfigures it's MIDI output messages when you change modes. That's exactly what it does. I explained that above somewhere.

If you look at the original X-Touch_One.mst file you'd have seen this list...

Code:
Widget Read
	Press 90 4a 7f 90 4a 00
	FB_TwoState 90 4a 7f 90 4a 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Write
	Press 90 4b 7f 90 4b 00
	FB_TwoState 90 4b 7f 90 4b 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Trim
	Press 90 4c 7f 90 4c 00
	FB_TwoState 90 4c 7f 90 4c 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Touch
	Press 90 4d 7f 90 4d 00
	FB_TwoState 90 4d 7f 90 4d 00
WidgetEnd

Widget Latch
	Press 90 4e 7f 90 4e 00
	FB_TwoState 90 4e 7f 90 4e 00
WidgetEnd
Do those codes look familiar?

The X-Touch One follows the MCU protocol exactly. It's one of the benefits of it. You could literally just use the mcu.mst and you'd be good to go!

What the X-Touch One is actually doing is in MC STD mode, it's named the F1 button F1 and sends the F1 message. But when you're using one of the modes like the Reaper mode, the messages follow what's written on the overlay. So if the overlay says Read where the surface shows F1, then that F1 button is now configured as the MCU Read button and will transmit the corresponding messages: 90 4a 7f on press, and 90 4a 00 on release. It's no longer an "F1 Button" and it's reconfigured itself to a "Read" button. This matches up with the Overlay for that mode.

So you could literally go back to the original, unmodified .mst file and do this...
Code:
Zone "Buttons"
Trim            TrackAutoMode 0                         // Automation: Set track automation mode to trim/read
Read            TrackAutoMode 1                         // Automation: Set track automation mode to read
Touch           TrackAutoMode 2                         // Automation: Set track automation mode to touch
Write           TrackAutoMode 3                         // Automation: Set track automation mode to write
Latch           TrackAutoMode 4                         // Automation: Set track automation mode to latch

Shift+Trim      GlobalAutoMode 0                        // Global automation override: All automation in trim/read mode
Shift+Read      GlobalAutoMode 1                        // Global automation override: Set track automation mode to read
Shift+Touch     GlobalAutoMode 2                        // Global automation override: Set track automation mode to touch
Shift+Write     GlobalAutoMode 3                        // Global automation override: Set track automation mode to write
Shift+Latch     GlobalAutoMode 4                        // Global automation override: Set track automation mode to latch
ZoneEnd
..and you'd get the exact same result! No reconfiguring needed. This is why my first question was "what mode are you using?"

In fact, I'd actually recommend you do it that way. Your modified .mst file is actually no longer adhering to the .mcu protocol, which could be bad down the road. So I'd say, go back to the original X-TouchOne.mst or (copy the mcu.mst) and then put on the Reaper overlay. Then just update the zone file to match the button names on the overlay.

Regarding the automation only working in the buttons zone...are you using CSI v1.1? Or the older CSI 1.0? As of 1.1, the Track Automation buttons should require a navigator (unless that changed and I missed it).

If you want to post your files, I could modify them for you and clean things up using the MC Reaper mode.

Last edited by Funkybot; 10-28-2021 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-28-2021, 05:24 PM   #20
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
... Track Automation buttons should require a navigator (unless that changed and I missed it).
Track automation works on selected Track(s) so no need for a navigator.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 05:28 PM   #21
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Track automation works on selected Track(s) so no need for a navigator.
Did that change at one point, or am I going crazy? I remember specifically updating the Wiki many moons ago to mention that. Will undo that!
Old 10-28-2021, 05:56 PM   #22
Funkybot

lockwoodiii, I just loaded up MC Reaper mode and remembered the reason not to use this mode: the button in between "Undo" and "Save" (the button labeled Click on the surface itself) doesn't transmit any messages in Reaper mode. At all. You literally lose a button.

If you want dedicated Read/Write buttons, I'd suggest using:

1. MC STD mode, then use the custom overlay and a label maker. To get the TrackAutoMode buttons working just do something like "F1 TrackAutoMode 1" in your buttons.zon. Again, if this is the route you want to go I can even help whip up the file for you.

Or...

2. Use Logic Mode - it has a good selection of buttons to start with including the automation buttons

Or...

3. Use Studio One mode which also has the automation mode buttons

...or finally, stick with MC Reaper mode, but live with the fact that one button will never transmit any messages. Whoever it is at Behringer that designed that particular mode, clearly didn't give a hoot about Reaper. They would've just made the Click button the Click button, and made F6 something else if they did.
Old 10-29-2021, 03:59 PM   #23
lockwoodiii

Default The recommended approach

Hi Funkybot,

I hadn't noticed those same codes further down in the mst file! All I knew was that the F1 to F5 controller buttons weren't doing anything when I pressed them. I've now put the original mst file back and re-labelled the appropriate lines in the "buttons.zon" file. All automation is now working in the "correct" format I even have the X Touch One running in MC Std mode.

I've attached my current buttons.zon file (renaming it to a txt extension to make it suitable for upload). The only other change I've made so far is adding the Reaper action for 'Undo' to the 'Replace' button and preventing its LED from illuminating all of the time.

If you wouldn't mind tweaking the file to the way you have yours set up, that would be great for comparison - I suspect you have all of the bells and whistles running!

Kind regards.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Buttons.txt (4.7 KB, 121 views)
Old 10-30-2021, 10:58 AM   #24
Funkybot

Try this out...

Code:
Zone "Buttons"
     BPM-Time                           CycleTimeDisplayModes
     TimeDisplay                        TimeDisplay

F1                                 TrackAutoMode 1                         // Read
     F2                                 TrackAutoMode 3                         // Write
     F3                                 TrackAutoMode 0                         // Trim
     F4                                 TrackAutoMode 2                         // Touch     
     F5                                 TrackAutoMode 4                         // Latch
     F6                                 TrackAutoMode 5                         // Latch Preview

Shift+F1                           GlobalAutoMode 1                        // Global automation override: Set track automation mode to read
     Shift+F2                           GlobalAutoMode 3                        // Global automation override: Set track automation mode to write
     Shift+F3                           GlobalAutoMode 0                        // Global automation override: All automation in trim/read mode
     Shift+F4                           GlobalAutoMode 2                        // Global automation override: Set track automation mode to touch
     Shift+F5                           GlobalAutoMode 4                        // Global automation override: Set track automation mode to latch
     Shift+F6                           GlobalAutomode 5                        // Global automation override: Set track automation mode to latch preview

Option+F1                          GoZone Home
     Option+F1                          Reaper _S&M_WNCLS4                      // Closes all(!) FX chain windows
     Option+F1                          Reaper _S&M_WNCLS3                      // Closes all(!) floating FX windows 
     Option+F2                          GoZone FocusedFXParam                   // Assigns Fader1 to the last touch FX parameter (Option+F1 to turn off)       
     Option+F3                          MapSelectedTrackSendsSlotToWidgets      // Maps Sends (use BankLeft/BankRight to change send slot)
     Option+F4                          MapSelectedTrackReceivesSlotToWidgets   // Maps Recevies (use BankLeft/BankRight to change receive slot)
     Option+F5                          Reaper 40078                            // Toggle Mixer
     Option+F6                          Reaper _S&M_SHOWFXCHAINSEL              // Show the FX Chain on the Selected Channel
     Property+F6                        NoFeedback

Marker                             Reaper 40171                            // Insert marker at current or edit position
     Property+Marker                    NoFeedback                              // Turns off the Button Light
     Option+Marker                      Reaper 40173                            // Go to next marker or project end
     Property+Option+Marker             NoFeedback                              // Turns off the Button Light 
     Shift+Marker                       Reaper 40172                            // Go to previous marker or project start
     Property+Shift+Marker              NoFeedback                              // Turns off the Button Light 
     Nudge                              Reaper 40298                            // Toggle FX bypass for current track
     Cycle                              CycleTimeline
     Drop                               Reaper 40076                            // Record: Set record mode to time selection auto-punch
     Replace                            Reaper 40029                            // Undo
     Property+Replace                   NoFeedback                              // Undo LED off
     Shift+Replace                      Reaper 40030                            // Redo
     Property+Shift+Replace             NoFeedback                              // Redo LED off
     Click                              Reaper 40364                            // Toggle metronome
     Shift+Click                        Reaper _SWS_AWCOUNTRECTOG               // Toggle count-in before recording
     Option+Click                       Reaper 40363                            // Show metronome settings
     Solo                               ClearAllSolo
     Option+Solo                        Reaper 40745                            // Options: Solo in front (dim solo)

Rewind                             Rewind
     Option+Rewind                      Reaper 40042                            // Go to start of project
     FastForward                        FastForward
     Option+FastForward                 Reaper 40043                            // Go to end of project
     Stop                               Stop
     Play                               Play
     Record                             Record

BankLeft                           SelectedTrackBank -8
     BankRight                          SelectedTrackBank 8
     ChannelLeft                        SelectedTrackBank -1
     ChannelRight                       SelectedTrackBank 1

Scrub                              Option                                  // Using this as the Option modifier to expand surface capabilities

Zoom                               Shift                                   // Using this as the Shift modifier to expand surface capabilities

Up                                 Reaper 40111                            // Zoom in vertical
     Property+Up                        NoFeedback                              // Turns off the button light
     Shift+Up                           Reaper 40113                            // Toggle track height to maximum
     Down                               Reaper 40112                            // Zoom out vertical
     Property+Down                      NoFeedback                              // Turns off the button light
     Shift+Down                         Reaper 40727                            // Minimize all tracks
     Property+Shift+Down                NoFeedback                              // Turns off the button light
     Right                              Reaper 1012                             // Zoom in horizontal
     Property+Right                     NoFeedback                              // Turns off the button light
     Left                               Reaper 1011                             // Zoom out horizontal
     Property+Left                      NoFeedback                              // Turns off the button light 
ZoneEnd
Changes:

1. Option modifier moved to Scrub (I may make this change on my own setup)
2. Added Option+ function buttons for mapping sends, receives, focusedFX zones and going back home - learn these - they're super handy
2A. Going to the "Home" zone (Option+F1) also closes FX windows
3. Nudge now toggles FX bypass
4. Replace now switches on auto-punch mode

Feel free to use or discard any of that.

Make sure you have the Send and Receive slot zones if you want to use them (Option+F3 and Option+F4 respectively).
Old 10-30-2021, 03:56 PM   #25
lockwoodiii

You are a Star! That's brilliant - talk about a truck load of functionality I love how Option+F2 assigns the fader to the last touched FX parameter - this should be invaluable for automation.

The only issue I've encountered is that Option + F1 doesn't seem to close the floating FX windows. Do you think its because three different parameters appear to be assigned to the same button?
Old 10-30-2021, 04:09 PM   #26
Funkybot

Those actions require SWS extensions installed. That’s my best guess as to why they’re not working.
Old 10-30-2021, 10:03 PM   #27
Funkybot

Also note: part of the reason I use those, is because I have another surface with a SelectedTrackFXMenu. And when I enable mapping of the FX, it opens their GUI. So when I go to Home, which I use on the X-Touch One, it closes their GUI's. So if that's not something you'd want, you'd of course delete those lines.

But either way, definitely get the SWS Extensions. There's a lot of great, expanded Reaper functionality in them!
Old 10-31-2021, 05:02 PM   #28
lockwoodiii

It's getting better and better Thanks again for all your help.