Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 01-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #81
benwilk
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta V View Post

I suggest you do what I wrote above. Track>Insert virtual instrument on new track. Does that help?

\
Well, I have done that. As I wrote above I actually have the vst working...I can get sound out of it and record it through reaper fine if I use the virtual keyboard on the computer...just not with the minilab hardware.

I just received a midi-usb cable and plugged in my korg keyboard and that doesnt work either... So this doesnt seem to be a problem with Arturia at all, just a problem of getting the usb midi to work with reaper...
I also loaded another vsti synth which has the same problem with hardware.
Reaper does recognize that I have a generic usb2 when I plug in the korg and minilab when I plug in the minilab. And I can enable them, but they (the hardware) dont work...

Strange.
benwilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:42 AM   #82
Vendetta V

ok that helps determining the issue.

One thing, when you plug your Arturia, the lights turn on right? And it works in standalone.

That means your USB/hardware is not the issue.

When you create a track and put (any) VSTi, do you select the input to be Arturia's midi? Do you also arm it and enable monitoring? That's why I suggested going to "Track>Insert virtual instrument on new track" this sets up the track so that it's ready to be played thru. Tell me after doing that what happens? Does the sound still not come out? Does Reaper detect the midi signal from your Minilab? (should be a thin white meter in the track's VU meter)
Vendetta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #83
benwilk

Default Thanks, works now

Great....the piece that I was missing was to actually tell the track where the input was coming from (duh). So right clicking the track and selecting the input to be midi and setting the output so I could hear it was the problem. Now I have 2 tracks recording at the same time. One input from the Korg, another from the Minilab, both with Analoglab vsti's...no latency problems (I am using asio4all driver).

Thanks for your help,
Ben
benwilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #84
Vendetta V

Great to hear that Benwilk. Now that's a nice setup already! I like using two midi keyboards myself too!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #85
wyzyguy

Default Midi Controller

Hello- I have a Akai MPKmini that seems to work decent with Reaper. I bought an Akai Max25 to try it out with no success. Any input on this? Is there anything I can do with Minilab that I can not do with MPKMini?

Quote:
So yeah I consider myself a complex Reaper (or anthing for that matter) user. Not that I know a bunch but more that I like to find solutions to a lot of things that aren't common!

So if you have an Arturia (minilab most particularly) and you have questions, shoot it here.

I usually have free time when I'm online so I'll be more than happy to try and answer something. If I can't, I'm pretty sure there'll be plenty of people here who can also input their help!

Cheers, V

PS. I'm thinking of doing a demo on Arturia's Minilab as a controller for Reaper. are you guys interested?
wyzyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #86
rdesanti

Default Aturia Spark

Not sure if this was covered here. If it is then sorry. I'm a N00Bee to MIDI in general but I am good with audio technology so advanced answers are fine.
I was wondering if Spark would be compatible with a MACBOOK and reaper. I also have questions if the plugins that I BELIEVE come with it is compatible with Reaper 64 bit (latest ver).
Can I MIDI it from or to my MIDI controller keyboard. Can I send samples or loops to the Spark?
Heck I don't even know how to assign sounds to my MIDI controller (AXIOM Pro 49) for that matter!
Any help would be appreciated! I've been using Reaper now for about a year now and love it! (plug)
-- Rich
--Mac Mini, 3 GHz 2 core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, OSX Catalina V10.15.7 Crucial 1TB primary SSD, 500GB Samsung T5 SSD ext Audio drive,dual 27" displays, Reaper 64 bit latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie MR8 Mk 3 8" Monitors and Mackie VLZ 1404 mixer. 30 years in Audio.
rdesanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:05 PM   #87
Vendetta V

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyzyguy View Post
Hello- I have a Akai MPKmini that seems to work decent with Reaper. I bought an Akai Max25 to try it out with no success. Any input on this? Is there anything I can do with Minilab that I can not do with MPKMini?
What's the problem with the akai max25?
As for minilab V's mpkmini, I would suggest you don't buy it because they are quite similar. I was considering mpkmini before getting the minilab and I chose the latter due to the sound snit comes with and the amount of knobs. Aesthetics actually played a role too.

If you want something cool to play around, wait for Arturia's beatstep, it's a 16pad controller with 16 knobs and has a sequencer too. Will be for sale sometime now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdesanti View Post
Not sure if this was covered here. If it is then sorry. I'm a N00Bee to MIDI in general but I am good with audio technology so advanced answers are fine.
I was wondering if Spark would be compatible with a MACBOOK and reaper. I also have questions if the plugins that I BELIEVE come with it is compatible with Reaper 64 bit (latest ver).
Can I MIDI it from or to my MIDI controller keyboard. Can I send samples or loops to the Spark?
Heck I don't even know how to assign sounds to my MIDI controller (AXIOM Pro 49) for that matter!
Any help would be appreciated! I've been using Reaper now for about a year now and love it! (plug)
-- Rich
I am pretty sure spark is compatible with mac book. You might wanna double check but these days hardly anything isn't, especially in the music world.
Spark software does come in 64x vst, I use it on my 64x reaper on windows,

If you open spark on a new track as an instrument and arm the track and all. Depending what your keyboard settings are, it might just play without the need to assign anything.

If axiom has a midi center app, assign notes from 36 up to as many pads as you have. If I remember correctly, spark has the drumpads as a standard midi percussion

Let me know if this works
Old 05-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #88
laertes1a

Default minilab demo

Quote:
So yeah I consider myself a complex Reaper (or anthing for that matter) user. Not that I know a bunch but more that I like to find solutions to a lot of things that aren't common!

So if you have an Arturia (minilab most particularly) and you have questions, shoot it here.

I usually have free time when I'm online so I'll be more than happy to try and answer something. If I can't, I'm pretty sure there'll be plenty of people here who can also input their help!

Cheers, V

PS. I'm thinking of doing a demo on Arturia's Minilab as a controller for Reaper. are you guys interested?
Yes! I have the Minilab with Analog Lab, but can't get started with the Reaper. Did you do that Demo? If so, I'd like to see it.
laertes1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #89
Vendetta V

Quote:
Originally Posted by laertes1a View Post
Yes! I have the Minilab with Analog Lab, but can't get started with the Reaper. Did you do that Demo? If so, I'd like to see it.
Sorry mate, I really didn't have time at my hands. Is there any particular questions you are interested in? Shoot em here and i'll be more than happy to help
Old 08-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #90
PatW

Default How to import presets into Arturia Minilab?

I have found the tech help and instructions to be pretty lacking at Arturia. I think this has been mentioned before, so I won't rant.

How do you import presets from the Arturia website?

I downloaded a few and when I try to import into Arturia, it seems to want a file to import that has a .llx, .lmx or .slx suffix or file type extension.

Any quick tips to do it?

Thank you.
PatW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:28 AM   #91
bullitisme

Default MiniLab "NO KEYBOARD DETECTED"

Hello
I allmost give up with searching and trying .........
In the beginning i had no problemes with the Minilab , i simply used in ableton live 9 .
But on an evening my computer started to update without warning. after he installed the updates , he shows a list with hotfixes , that he repaired 2 .
I never asqed for an hotfix.
After 4 time closing and starting my computer my minilab didnt react anymore , i looked on the list of my devices and there is no sign of my minilab. I tried the 4 usb on my pc but none gives a signes.
so what can it be ? the firmware ? i never touched the firmware ......
Can you help me ?
sorry for my bad English
bullitisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:37 AM   #92
Vendetta V

Hey Pat I actually responded to your PM and never heard back from you.

Bullitisme, I haven't been on windows for quite awhile now but I had an issue like yours at some point with I don't remember which piece of equipment.

I remember there was a way to uninstall a stock (plug and play type of) driver and then have windows recognise that piece of hardware and treat it as a completely new one. You should google it.

Let me know how it goes.

V
Old 10-24-2014, 03:27 PM   #93
Sbarro

Default MIDI Learn

Hello Vendetta V! Please help me with Minilab's rotary knobs. When I want to control any type of synths like Massive, Absynth and so on, midi learn function doesn't work. The knobs are being stuck in the middle. Thanks!
Sbarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:44 AM   #94
kirk1701

I've recently had my Minilab VSTi have a serious latency issue. I used to be able to play real-time with my recorded tracks, but Minilab is a couple seconds behind. It's really frustrating.

I'm using ASIO. I have Win 7 and tons of RAM. When I first bought the Minilab I was able to use it real time. I thought it was a CPU thing, but even if I freeze all the tracks, Minilab still lags. Any help?
Old 06-12-2015, 05:07 PM   #95
Supernova187

Default Play on MIDI

I have a question regarding the midi out/in capability of my Microbrute. I am running my Microbrute's usb into my computer (HP Envy, Windows 7), where I am trying to use it as a midi keyboard in Reaper. I have it enabled in my midi control panel (picture attached), and have a track armed with midi input enabled (all inputs, though the Microbrute is only sending on channel 2). However, when I press record, no midi is recorded. The only other midi input option will not open.
Attached Images
File Type: png Reaper MIDI Panel.PNG (44.3 KB, 187 views)
Supernova187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 08:52 PM   #96
Newbie88

Default Analog Lab Arturia Keylab VST Plug in issue

So I have scoured the threads and think I have read all possible explanations and seem to still be having an issue. I am trying to get Analog Lab and Arturia Keylab 49 to feed into Reaper for recording.

I went to reaper preferences, added the path from my program files Arturia folder. I went into preferences and Enabled the Keylab 49. I go into track and add instrumental track and I am not seeing the Analog or Arturia in the VST listing. This probably something so simple and its driving me nuts.

I am also getting a message on opening reaper that Midi inputs could not be opened, Keylab 49.

Any advice or guidance is super appreciated.
Newbie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:58 AM   #97
TBlanner

Default Minilab to control vsti

Can anyone help me figure out how to assign the parameter control nobs on the minilab to control same on vsti? I am primarily a guitarists and have used the mini for bass, pads and drums but think it's way past time I got to understand this. I realize this is an old thread but hopefully someone is still listening. Thanks.
TBlanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:59 AM   #98
ReaperBoy

Default Calling Vendetta .. re Arturia Minilab

Quote:

Hi Vendetta

I know that post was a long time agin but I think you're still here ..
My problem is that if I add a fade out or fade in to reaper tracks, the tracks with minilab on dont recognise the fade.

SO I have this track with some drums and other stuff, plus a bass line from minilab. When I add a fade-out globally to every track (ie drag the curve out from within the part) eberything fades out except the minilab.

Any ideas? All feednack appreciated

Last edited by ReaperBoy; 04-02-2016 at 07:59 AM. Reason: typo
ReaperBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:11 AM   #99
Vendetta V

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperBoy View Post
Hi Vendetta

I know that post was a long time agin but I think you're still here ..
My problem is that if I add a fade out or fade in to reaper tracks, the tracks with minilab on dont recognise the fade.

SO I have this track with some drums and other stuff, plus a bass line from minilab. When I add a fade-out globally to every track (ie drag the curve out from within the part) eberything fades out except the minilab.

Any ideas? All feednack appreciated
Hey, I think I know what's going on on your side. From what I understand you drag the fade in/fade out from the midi item's edges. This doesn't work as the midi track is not an audio track.

This has been asked here again. There's some extensive info on this so head to this threada and read from post #10

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=115732
Old 04-10-2016, 08:20 AM   #100
ReaperBoy

Quote:
Hey, I think I know what's going on on your side. From what I understand you drag the fade in/fade out from the midi item's edges. This doesn't work as the midi track is not an audio track.

This has been asked here again. There's some extensive info on this so head to this threada and read from post #10

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=115732
DOH ! Of course !

Sorry .. very much a Noobie! Thanks for taking the time to answer, and sorry so long to get back.

Good luck friend
ReaperBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:57 AM   #101
JesterMusician

Do you have any idea why REAPER isn't recording automation from Analog Lab 2? If I control a parameter with the MiniLab's faders, it doesn't record the changes, even in write mode. However, if I control it with the mouse, it does. See attached gif.
Attached Images
File Type: gif norecord.gif (57.6 KB, 220 views)
JesterMusician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:12 AM   #102
noise_construct

Have you linked a fader to that envelope, do you see the value changing when moving a fader? In that gif it looks like the track volume envelope, which needs to be linked via actions menu for MIDI control.

Write mode only writes to armed envelopes, if you want to record arbitrary controls as you move them, use Latch mode. In Latch REAPER automatically creates a new envelope lane for any control you move.
noise_construct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 04:45 PM   #103
JesterMusician

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise_construct View Post
Have you linked a fader to that envelope, do you see the value changing when moving a fader? In that gif it looks like the track volume envelope, which needs to be linked via actions menu for MIDI control.

Write mode only writes to armed envelopes, if you want to record arbitrary controls as you move them, use Latch mode. In Latch REAPER automatically creates a new envelope lane for any control you move.
The envelope in the gif is the plugin's volume FX parameter - the track volume fader is the one to the right of the track name, in this case "Analog Lab 2". Also, the envelope is armed. But even in latch mode, none of the hardware faders create envelope changes, only the mouse-controlled ones do. In this example I'm using the reverb fader showing the same behavior. Also, because no points are drawn, latch mode does not create new envelope lanes when I'm - I must add them manually.

I think it might be an issue on Arturia's end, because looking around other DAW forums it appears it's not just REAPER with this issue.

Old 10-26-2016, 04:32 AM   #104
noise_construct

Have you enabled the Minilab for both input and control messages?
Old 10-26-2016, 11:12 PM   #105
JesterMusician

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise_construct View Post
Have you enabled the Minilab for both input and control messages?
I've tried it both with control enabled and disabled; neither works.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:38 PM   #106
noise_construct

Hmm. And if you use the mouse on the control in the plugin GUI?

I guess you've already double-checked the Arturia control panel settings, and tested on some other plugins/DAW that they receive MIDI CCs.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:09 AM   #107
Reverse Flash

Hi. I'm new here. I hope this thread is still running even though it doesn't look very active recently.

I have started using Reaper and have just bought the Arturia Minilab MKII recently. I am trying to get it to play Analog Lab within Reaper. However, I don't get any sound at all.

I have already done the following, so these typical suggestions can be ruled out:

1 I have my Arturia MiniLab enabled under MIDI devices in the preferences (with enabling input for control messages selected).

2) For the input, my MIDI device (Arturia Minilab MkII) is also selected on my track (which is set it to all channels).

3) I have armed the track for recording and have track monitoring on.
It is set to always be on by default, so it is never the case that I forgot to turn this on, and I have tried turning it on and off several times, but with no change to the result.

4) I tried either inserting a virtual instrument on a track, or opening a new track and searching for it via the FX button. I have selected Analog Minilab as one of the VSTs.

There is a MIDI signal because there is that red line when I press my MIDI controller. I do see yellow when I press the controller, but no sound whatsoever.

I know that my Arturia Minilab can control EZ Drummer 2 (both within Reaper and in standalone mode) and has sound.

The Minilab can also control the Analog Lab in standalone mode and has sound.

However, when I use it in Reaper (which I need in order to record it), although I can see the Minilab controlling the notes of the Analog Lab synths, I can't get any sound at all.

Do Arturia Minilab and Analog Lab actually work within Reaper?

Any advice on what I can do to hear sound?

Hoping someone can help because this is really frustrating. I've looked online for a solution but everyone suggests the things I've already highlighted above which I've tried already without success. Has anyone actually managed to get it to work? This seems to be a recurring problem with the Minilab.

I'm seriously considering returning this and getting something else if it is going to be problematic, as it is almost useless if it can't do the very thing it's meant to do.

Thanks
Reverse Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:21 PM   #108
RobertP

I have an Analogue Factory which works very well with the old and newer software.

I can't suggest any solutions other than what you listed but I would strongly suggest asking the Arturia helpdesk as they have been very helpful to me in the past.

Oh, and welcome to the forum and Reaper.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #109
themixtape

I realize this an old thread but hoping you can help!

I have a SparkLE that I'd love to use as a generic midi control surface with Reaper... the thing is, it only has one working memory, and it never remembers the assignments after I disconnect the USB cable, and reconnect. All other Arturia devices remember the working memory, when disconnecting. Don't know why the SparkLE doesn't.

Is this is a bug, or do I have to write the settings from Midi Control Center to the SparkLE, every time I connect? Not that it takes that long... but it's just a pain in the butt.. EVERY. TIME.

The SparkLE works great as a Reaper control surface... the soft-click jog wheel (not just one but two, including the "Move" one), tons of buttons, and the drum pads. Super useful.

Thanks!