Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 03-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #81
Marv McQuinn
Human being with feelings

I was working with these drums for quite awhile the other night and the random sounds started happening frequently. To fix the problem I would remove the vst and then re add it and they would go away, for a little while, only to return.

To test further I tried rendering the track as a stereo stem. Afterwards, the rendered stem started out playing fine but a little ways in, the "bug" started occurring and continued throughout the song.

I'm sorry but I don't have an .rpp to submit, but I will be working with it tonight and I will send one after I do.

Thanks, as always, for sharing this cool project of yours with us!
Marv McQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #82
Marv McQuinn

Here is a project with a midi track and a rendered stem track that shows exactly where it started happening and what it sounds like. I put a marker at the spot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm7xmaa87s...Pipeline.zip?m
Old 03-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #83
pipelineaudio
Mortal

thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Downloading now thru the coconut wireless and hopefully this will help us get to the bottom of it!

If anyone wants to help support this project, I've been putting up clickable links around my site to products I use daily and highly reccomend. I'll try and add more so it fits more types of people, but its going slow as I only want to put up stuff I use personally
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #84
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Ok, got it!!! Thanks, lets see if we can get to the bottom of it
Old 03-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #85
pipelineaudio
Mortal

OK, can you guys please try this new build?

replace your old ms2 file with it in the instruments folder. delete the old ms2 file or move it elsewhere

http://www.pipelineaudio.net/shup/fi...-SSE-rev-9.ms2
Old 03-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #86
Marv McQuinn

I can't try it until tomorrow but I will ASAP and I will report back. Thanks!!! I can't wait!
Old 03-10-2013, 01:04 AM   #87
xethicx

I bought a ton of drum software when I started out because it was all on sale. I tried EZdrummer and outgrew it quick, now Im onto Superior and next Ill be trying out Slate 4 and then Addictive drums, after those Ill have a go at yours my friend, thank you kindly for the freebie software and all your hard work.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #88
jackacid

Thanks, Pipeline. Here is what I found with KMS-Drums-SSE-rev-9.ms2:

No more extraneous samples being triggered.
Only the overhead samples are coming through. Nothing from the room or direct mics. - [Ignore this second line, please: user error.]

Last edited by jackacid; 03-10-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: mistake on my part
jackacid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #89
Swamp Ape

I'll give it a shot today.
Swamp Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #90
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackacid View Post
Thanks, Pipeline. Here is what I found with KMS-Drums-SSE-rev-9.ms2:

No more extraneous samples being triggered.
Only the overhead samples are coming through. Nothing from the room or direct mics.
Weird, I'm getting the directs here. Can someone else confirm?
Old 03-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #91
gibi25

Here reaper 4.33 XP SP3 32.
Every out is working.
gibi25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #92
jackacid

Sorry Pipeline, routing error on my part. Working and sounding great.

-edit-
Umm, except I can't get the HiTom condenser knob to have any effect. Will someone else test this for me and see if it is another case of operator error on my part?

Last edited by jackacid; 03-10-2013 at 02:56 PM.
jackacid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #93
Lawrence

Thanks Pipe. Downloading.

Question: Does the library folder have to be copied to both places, Program Files\VSTPlugins and Program Files(x86)\VSTPlugins, to work with either or?

Thanks.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #94
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
Thanks Pipe. Downloading.

Question: Does the library folder have to be copied to both places, Program Files\VSTPlugins and Program Files(x86)\VSTPlugins, to work with either or?

Thanks.
as far as I know, yes, but I'll see if theres a workaround
Old 03-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #95
Lawrence

Thanks Pipe. I dont know how that UI was coded but maybe there should be a "path" setting there so you can put the library anywhere and not have to duplicate it. It's pretty big.

Anyway, the thing sounds pretty good. Nice job on the sampling imo. The only tiny nitpicks I have are ...

1. How the outputs are routed, with sounds being shared on stereo channels like Kick/Snare L/R on the same output which has to be bussed out to seperate tracks to separate them.

2. Not yet seeing a way to click the UI to trigger a particular sound.

Maybe Evil Dragon can take those samples and write a Kontakt script? (...ED?... anybody there?... )

Great stuff though, thanks.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #96
Stu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post

Maybe Evil Dragon can take those samples and write a Kontakt script? (...ED?... anybody there?... )

Great stuff though, thanks.
Tod was doing exactly this a while ago when Pipe first released the samples, I don't know how far he got with it but he was sharing the parts he had done with the community. I started making them into .tci files for Slate Trigger to use for drum replacement but only got as far as doing the snare. I'll do the kick and toms at some point when I have time, for now if anyone wants the the snare just drop me a pm.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #97
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Tod was doing exactly this a while ago when Pipe first released the samples, I don't know how far he got with it but he was sharing the parts he had done with the community. I started making them into .tci files for Slate Trigger to use for drum replacement but only got as far as doing the snare. I'll do the kick and toms at some point when I have time, for now if anyone wants the the snare just drop me a pm.
Yes I did finish them up Stu, thankyou. I think they turned out pretty good, I've been using them fairly often mixed in with my other drums.

This a pict showing the Toms in Kontakt-4, of course they will work in K5 too.

This thread kind of explains somewhat how the GUI works.

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...6&postcount=44

If they're the same samples you can grab all the nki files here.

http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...4&postcount=57
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:53 AM   #98
benebomber

Hey pipe!

You’re absolutely awesome! Thanks a million for this!

Just one question: I wanted to download the wav-packs for use in Maschine or Shortcircuit, but I didn’t get the download to work. Maybe there’s something wrong in the file links? Maybe it’s the spaces in the file names?

Again, thanks a million!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #99
krm27

Hmmm... tried downloading this, computer is not recognizing "ms2" file format, does not know what to do with it.

Ken
krm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #100
Piler

This is a google translation because I do not speak English (sorry). Firstly thank you very much for the KMS drums, it sounds great!

It works well for me (32bits with KMS-Drums-SSE-rev-9.ms2) but when I open the plugin window, the sound becomes choppy, as if the drummer had been drinking a little.

When I close the window the problem disappears. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanx
Piler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #101
ambient

I just downloaded this today, had a play and think it's really great!

My one technical complaint is about the "unable to load this instrument" error.

My one musical complaint (looking a gift horse in the mouth and all) is about the kick drum when solo'd out - I think I kinda hate the sound. Lots of weird resonances in the midrange.
It might just be my status as a mixing novice that I don't recognize the value of that particular sound. It definitely sounds much better with the overheads and room mics.

Those two things aside, I really like it and will be using it a lot.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KMSdrumerror.jpg (65.4 KB, 966 views)
ambient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #102
mikebenson

A little late to the party...but, thank you pipe. I'll check this out later today.
mikebenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:54 PM   #103
ControllerC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaJo View Post
When i unzip the first rar it creates the above mentioned folder and the above mentioned file in it. Okay.
Now, when i unzip the second rar file it tells me that there is already a file with this name and if i want to overwrite it....

Michael
Same thing happened here- very confusing- but the first one unzipped so Ill just use that and see what happens
ControllerC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #104
robert555

Default Rev9 cpu issue

I too just discovered this great VST instrument. Really well done, with natural sounds given all the round robin and multiple mic locations.

Unfortunately the Rev7 ms2 triggers random drums when using the hihats.

Rev9 fixed that problem, but now instead of 25% cpu utilization it's going up to 50 or 60%, upon which it stutters horribly and is unusable.

My computer is older, an AMD64x2 4000+ (2.1 GHz) and 2 GB RAM. Setting the priority to time critical, and ensured affinity set to use both cores...did not help things.
robert555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #105
JOE SA SA

Default Joe Sa Sa saw your...

Pipeli...really do you like drums and machines drums?
Old 04-04-2014, 06:30 PM   #106
vintagesilvertone

Assistance please!

I got this to work but then something got messed up and it stopped. Wondering two things for installation:

1) Where do I download the “KMS Drums SSE.vst” FOLDER? I accidentally found it before but now I'm only seeing the plugin file

2) When I went to the KMS Drums SSE.vst folder before, it said contents>MacOS (not resources). I made a resources folder and put the WAV files in there just to see. I was able to get it to work…kind of but the only parameter that seemed to affect the sound was the overheads. The other knobs did nothing.

That's when I fiddled around with the folders and then Reaper stopped recognizing it.

Any assistance for where I find the KMS Drums folder after downloading and then why there's no "Resources" folder?

Thanks!
vintagesilvertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #107
richie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagesilvertone View Post
Assistance please!

I got this to work but then something got messed up and it stopped. Wondering two things for installation:

1) Where do I download the “KMS Drums SSE.vst” FOLDER? I accidentally found it before but now I'm only seeing the plugin file

2) When I went to the KMS Drums SSE.vst folder before, it said contents>MacOS (not resources). I made a resources folder and put the WAV files in there just to see. I was able to get it to work…kind of but the only parameter that seemed to affect the sound was the overheads. The other knobs did nothing.

That's when I fiddled around with the folders and then Reaper stopped recognizing it.

Any assistance for where I find the KMS Drums folder after downloading and then why there's no "Resources" folder?

Thanks!
I just went to the links on the first post in the thread and all of the needed files are on his website, as well as very thorough instructions.
But I also have a question: I just installed this on 3 different computers, and in each case it took Reaper over 90 seconds to start the first time after installing the dll and library files. And it takes almost that long again to load the track template. I have other drum software that has much bigger sample libraries and more layers, and none of them are that slow to load. I am not trying to insult anyone, just trying to understand....Why is it like that?
Thanks for all of the work that went into these though, they sound great!
Old 04-05-2014, 03:04 AM   #108
suleiman

I actually use these and the earlier free pipelineaudio samples with a Reasmaplomatic template. First time setting up takes 20 to 25 mins but then its pay off all the way. Maize has some performance issues.

The samples are seriously great.

Salamat
suleiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #109
stratotak

Ok just tried this out today and got it working.At first I couldnt hear anything but kick and snare. I was using some GM midi drum loops that I have collected over time.Realized then that drums arent GM mapped.
Id like to use my GM midi lops with program. Anyway of doing that?

I have converted other formats,Toontrack , to GM with little program called midi drum mapper.It works pretty good.

http://midifilemapper.codeplex.com/

You can use your own XML mapping file to convert.My only experience with this software is just loading up folder with loops I want to convert and to which mapping I want and click.

How would I go about making a XML mapping of the mapping for this drummer?
stratotak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:16 PM   #110
Aditya.inHim

I can't download files directly from the web..
The web said I do not have permissions to download it
I miss something there?

Sorry for my bad English
Aditya.inHim is offline   Reply With Quote