Old 12-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Xenakios
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper libsndfile wrapper resurrected

https://code.google.com/p/reaperlibsndfilewrapper/

I did some new work on it, just to see how hard it would be to return to working on old code. This is not for end users (as there are no binaries at the moment and what the plugin does might be of quite limited use anyway), unless you like to build source code. This is mainly aimed at developers who might want some pointers on how to implement audio file format extension plugins for Reaper. Contributions also would be accepted. (To make the code more sane, fix bugs etc...)

The Visual Studio solution/project files are out of date, as I switched to using qmake and a .pro-file. This doesn't mean there's a dependency on the Qt framework. I simply prefer Qt Creator as my IDE and that requires using qmake/.pro files.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:28 AM   #2
jackreynolds

Default libsndfile wrapper

I realise this thread is extremely old, but is there an updated version this hanging around? I assume Mathias Kronlacher's libsnfile wrapper must use something similar.
jackreynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:37 AM   #3
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackreynolds View Post
I assume Mathias Kronlacher's libsnfile wrapper must use something similar.
His project is a fork from my project.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:07 AM   #4
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Does this mean it is actually possible to implement export/import for additional file-formats as well?
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:08 AM   #5
Xenakios

Quote:
Originally Posted by mespotine View Post
Does this mean it is actually possible to implement export/import for additional file-formats as well?
Yes, Reaper allows 3rd parties to implement media file support. (PCM_source is the base class for media playback, PCM_sink is the base class for media recording/exporting.)
Old 05-17-2018, 09:18 AM   #6
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Oh..great

Are there somewhere implementations, docs, resources or something, where I can see, how it is done?
I really miss m4a-export in the Windows-version of Reaper and this would allow adding that...

Last edited by Meo-Ada Mespotine; 05-17-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #7
Xenakios

The Reaper extension SDK has some example projects. (The SDK is very old now, though...) :

https://www.reaper.fm/sdk/plugin/plugin.php

Also of course the plugin that is the topic of this thread shows how it can be done :

https://github.com/kronihias/reaper_libsndfilewrapper

Note that libsndfile as such has nothing to do with adding the media file supports into Reaper. The plugin under discussion in this thread just happens to use that to implement the file formats. You can use any other method that is suitable to implement the support. (Your own code, some other 3rd party library, operating system APIs...)