Old 11-04-2019, 11:01 PM   #1
Lau
Human being with feelings

Default fx list scrolling

I encounter 2 problems in terms of ergonomics:

- when I right click on a field effect of a track (« quick add fx » or « add chain fx »for example) I find myself with a number of effects which often overflows of the available column; we must use the small arrows (up and down) to scroll and get the effects not visible, which is really tedious. Is there a trick to make it easier to scan in this column or to display multiple columns side by side as in some competing stan?

- when creating an effects folder it is placed at the bottom. The options to position it at a specific location are really not ergonomic either (no drag / drop): moving one level each time ...

I haven't found how to get around these behaviors yet, i don't know if it's possible.
Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:24 PM   #2
wjmwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lau View Post
I encounter 2 problems in terms of ergonomics:

- when I right click on a field effect of a track (« quick add fx » or « add chain fx »for example) I find myself with a number of effects which often overflows of the available column; we must use the small arrows (up and down) to scroll and get the effects not visible, which is really tedious. Is there a trick to make it easier to scan in this column or to display multiple columns side by side as in some competing stan?

- when creating an effects folder it is placed at the bottom. The options to position it at a specific location are really not ergonomic either (no drag / drop): moving one level each time ...

I haven't found how to get around these behaviors yet, i don't know if it's possible.

I am also encountering this on Reaper V6, WIN10. I'm migrating from Reaper V5 on OSX where scrolling a long list of FX opened with a right-click on the track FX slots and then selecting Quick Add FX worked just fine. I have about a billion Airwindows FX and using that little arrow to slowly scroll through them is tedious.

I don't know if this has always been a REAPER PC thing, as I've always been on OSX until now, or if it's a V6 thing as I've always been on V5 until now . . . but I do know that I could scroll these lists on REAPER V5 OSX and it was glorious. Anyone know the answer?

Last edited by wjmwpg; 02-18-2020 at 12:25 PM. Reason: clarification
wjmwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:31 PM   #3
Lau

Hi,
the second problem i was mentioning has been solved some days ago.
But the first one is still ignored by the devs. I don't know why because as I can see, I'm not the only one to find that scrolling this way (with the 2 arrows) is very fastidious.
I didn't know that it worked this way on windows versions only.
Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 04:04 PM   #4
daniboyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lau View Post
when I right click on a field effect of a track (« quick add fx » or « add chain fx »for example) I find myself with a number of effects which often overflows of the available column; we must use the small arrows (up and down) to scroll and get the effects not visible, which is really tedious. Is there a trick to make it easier to scan in this column or to display multiple columns side by side as in some competing stan?
+1 this - multiple columns side by side or vertical scrollbar please, also applies to fx parameter list elements! It's indeed very time consuming and uncomfortable to push the arrow until I find what I'm looking for if the list contains hundreds of rows.

Last edited by daniboyle; 10-23-2021 at 04:09 PM.
daniboyle is offline   Reply With Quote