CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 11-01-2005, 01:40 AM   #1
c2R
Human being with feelings

Default Daylight Savings Time

Morning all!

I've been using Pathsync now forr a long time as a way of backing up files from several computers onto one master server, and then making a further backup to a redundant disk.

However, whenever a change in time occurs, Pathsync wants to copy all of the files again, as it is saying the local files are newer! I thought in March time that it might be something to do with having left one machine on over the changeover, which confused it - however this time I turned them both off, and when turning them on ensured that they are both on the same time.

However, it still wants to copy all of the files again!

Has anyone got any suggestions, as I'm trying to get my brain around this and having difficulties!

Thanks
Chris
c2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 12:01 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

OK I posted a new version at http://www.cockos.com/pathsync/ . Put the ignore file date checkbox into a greyed state, and it will ignore the 1h or 2h time difference.

-Justin

Last edited by Justin; 11-07-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
c2R

Thanks Justin - will have a play with it over the weekend and report back (o;

Regards
Chris
Old 12-11-2005, 09:38 AM   #4
c2R

Thanks again Justin - it does indeed work brilliantly (sorry took so long to reply - have had actual computer problems - at least I was able to restore from my backups!!

------

Something else I have noticed though....
I've got my PathSynch to always backup local-->remote, no matter what exists on the remote side

If I create a directory called "\Autumn Photos" and fill it with files, this synchs across fine.

If I then rename the local directory to "\Autumn Photos 2005", and run pathsync, it compares, and deletes the files in "\Autum Photos" on the remote drive, as expected, and re-creates them in a new "\Autumn Photos 2005" directory.

However, it leaves the empty "\Autumn Photos" directory behind on the remote drive....

....when you get a minute would it be possible to add an option that removes directories that have been deleted from the original structure?

Regards
Chris
Old 01-12-2006, 12:47 PM   #5
c2R

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2R
I've got my PathSynch to always backup local-->remote, no matter what exists on the remote side

If I create a directory called "\Autumn Photos" and fill it with files, this synchs across fine.

If I then rename the local directory to "\Autumn Photos 2005", and run pathsync, it compares, and deletes the files in "\Autum Photos" on the remote drive, as expected, and re-creates them in a new "\Autumn Photos 2005" directory.

However, it leaves the empty "\Autumn Photos" directory behind on the remote drive....

....when you get a minute would it be possible to add an option that removes directories that have been deleted from the original structure?
Sorry to quote myself... But does anyone have any thoughts - even to tell me I'm doing something wrong (o;

Chris