Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 12-08-2016, 02:33 PM   #1
bassdj
Human being with feelings

Default Display mixer panel in floating window docked with current vst

Display mixer panel in floating window docked with current vst.

Request:
When I press the green fx button on a mixer panel the vst opens up in a window. Left of it I can select the other 'insert fx' of this track. I'd like to see the corresponding panel in the mixer in this window too.

Benefit:
Ability to finetune the instrument as a whole easily with less eye-searching the screen and less moving windows around with the mouse.

Reason:
Some VSTi's have a very nice big display these days but they cover most of the daw. I find myself moving the window up and down just to find and change the send fx amount for example. Why not show the corresponding mixer panel for this track in the floating window since apparently your working on this instrument anyway at the moment.
bassdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 03:47 AM   #2
bassdj
Human being with feelings

Default Solution for who's interested, nice fast workflow

1. layout:
I found that the layout in the attached screenshot works very well for me. Whenever I select a track the correct mixer lane will be displayed at the bottom left of the application. This is what I need most of the times. If I do want to see more of the mixer I simply temporary drag the splitter between the mixer and the sequencer to the right. The master mixer lane is docked seperately. When I drag the splitter back it gets exactly at the right place because of this.

2. workflow:
Also the options in the screenshot 'Only allow one FX chain window open at a time' and right below it 'Open track FX window on track selection change' and 'Only if any FX window is open' work perfect for me. When I select a track I get the mixer lane with the sends, and if a fx chain window was open I now get the fx chain of the corresponding track.

3. small question:
Still looking for an option that record-arms only the track I select. Then it's a one click solution. Anyone found this somewhere in the options?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaper_layout1.jpg (63.1 KB, 182 views)
bassdj is offline   Reply With Quote