Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 02-20-2022, 09:04 AM   #1
Nayrb
Human being with feelings

Default Kontakt 6.7.0 Outputs Mono Instead of Stereo

Hi folks,

Anyone else notice that, lately, Kontakt's outputs become wildly broken with every new update from NI?

This time, after updating to 6.7.0 and loading up the VST3i on an instrument track, Reaper asks if you want to build MONO multiout channels for it, instead of stereo. I made sure to resave my usual VST default outputs in Kontakt (16 stereo), but nothing helps. I'm reduced to manually adding and routing tracks, adjusting the plugin pin selector, and so forth. And, while that works, it requires a couple restarts of the project file, because there will just be no audio from some of those tracks for no discernible reason. You also have to turn off send to master on the main Kontakt track now. It's all very perplexing. (And Reaper shows the 64 Out version of Kontakt as being 44 Out now, too, for whatever that info is worth).

Is this a NI or a Reaper problem? Or both? Routing manually is effective, but it's tedious and very inconvenient.
Nayrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 11:09 AM   #2
Etienne1973

Setup and save audio output configuration within NI Kontakt 6.7.0 first. If done then VST3 should work default in Reaper as before.

1. Make NI Kontakt 6.7.0 Outputs visible

2. Hit the button Plus

3. Configure like you desire and hit OK
Etienne1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 01:26 PM   #3
Nayrb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne1973 View Post
Setup and save audio output configuration within NI Kontakt 6.7.0 first. If done then VST3 should work default in Reaper as before.

1. Make NI Kontakt 6.7.0 Outputs visible

2. Hit the button Plus

3. Configure like you desire and hit OK

Thanks for your reply. I have never had this issue with Kontakt's output section communicating with Reaper before, but it appears that you HAVE to have at least 32 channels set up for Reaper to auto-build stereo outputs now. I had set my default to 16 because that's the maximum number of instruments I can use in an instance of Kontakt. Doesn't really make sense to me why it wouldn't work no matter how many output channels you wanted; but whatever, it's solved for all practical purposes. Thanks again!
Nayrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:25 AM   #4
EpicSounds

I lost 2 hours to this problem this week. Hopefully this fixes the problem.