Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Old 01-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
Xalpheric
Human being with feelings

Default Using Reaper for Live Performance like an MPC 500

I'm trying to get a list of essentials for live gigging with reaper as my sequencer. I don't want to have to buy an MPC 500 to do it. I have a lot of experience using reaper as my production DAW. I produce tracks all the time but in the studio setting and I really want to change to a live spontaneous dynamic even when I'm in the studio. Whether I'm live or not I want the magic of being in the moment rather than as I'm used to doing by programming beats on a grid and overdubbing only leads.

I know all the technical pitfalls of playing live with a computer. Pretty obvious I need a clean pc running dedicated with a Bare OS and DAW software with not much else to interfere. I'm aware of the SWS live config feature but I want to do a little more than that. I want to be a one man show basically like what this guy does with his MPC 500 and hardware synths. -----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DOwRlD6FmY

I'm planning on purchasing a microbrute analog synth as my main live unit and I already have a korg Volca Keys. I have very little experience with hardware stuff so please school me please if you have some experience in live situations.

If you have the experience can you tell me a little about your setup and why you made the purchases you did and how you chained them together?

My equipment thus far is:

Alesis q49
Novation Zero SLMKii
Korg Volca Keys
Korg Nano Pads
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
NI Komplete
Fender Strat
Guitar Amp
Shure sm57 mic
SP50/30 condenser/pencil condenser mics
Xalpheric is offline   Reply With Quote