Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #1
reapero
Human being with feelings

Default Can i export a projectbay with samples included?

I have a beautiful folder structure in the Media Items tab of my project bay that intend to use in another (maybe more than one) projects.

Is there a way to export the project mediabay with samples, so that later on i only have to import the project bay? Or does this operation need always moving the full project?

Maybe there´s some other way around it..
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:13 AM   #2
reapero

No one? Cant be done?
Old 07-15-2019, 03:50 AM   #3
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapero View Post
No one? Cant be done?
Can you be nmore specific reapero, please?

Project Bay can be saved for sure and reloaded in new projects.
But what is your use case?
Do you have any screenshot?
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #4
reapero

Sure, can be saved,but when you look at the size of the bay it's just a few kb.

I am interested in exporting the bay WITH the samples. I have folders in the media bay, with samples well categorized. These samples are distributed across my HDs. Would very handy to export those to use in other projects, without having to share the whole project.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #5
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapero View Post
Sure, can be saved,but when you look at the size of the bay it's just a few kb.

I am interested in exporting the bay WITH the samples. I have folders in the media bay, with samples well categorized. These samples are distributed across my HDs. Would very handy to export those to use in other projects, without having to share the whole project.
Well, yes.
In your current project, save your bay as something new (e.g. SAMPLE_STRUCTURE). Then create new empty project (and save as e.g. SAMPLES_EXPORT). Open Project Bay and next to Bay (current project) select "Load and merge from..." - and select your previously saved bay (=SAMPLE_STRUCTURE). Then you will have to expand all your folders in bay to see the actual content (audio files) and select them all (Ctrl+A is your friend here). When all are selected, right click and select "Move/copy file" and then "Copy file to project media directory". When all files get copied, save your project and it's done. Your new project called "SAMPLES_EXPORT.RPP" will be empty (no tracks, items, or wahatever), but the project folder will be full of audio files and Project Bay for the "current project" will contain all your structured samples/audio files).

Just try it.

EDIT: When copying the audio files, you will get as many copy errors at the end how many FOLDERS in bay you have, because as we selected ALL, not only audio files, but also the created folders are selected, but they cannot be copied because they do not exist on disk, you know. So it is OK to have those errors (in fact they are not errors

Last edited by akademie; 07-15-2019 at 01:32 PM. Reason: additional info on copying
Old 07-16-2019, 09:07 AM   #6
reapero

Allright. Its a few more steps than i would have imagined and you still end up sharing a project, not a bay but i guess that can work.

Thanks akademie!
Old 07-16-2019, 11:06 AM   #7
akademie

Or you can use simply any time from within the Project Bay window (again when all are selected) right click and select "Move/copy file" and then "Copy file..." and choose your destination folder for samples to be copied to (that you wil be sharing with somebody) and share your projectbay file (.ReaBay).

When opening/loading that saved bay on another computer, the reaper will ask for missing files (of course), so you only click Search..." or "Browse for file..." button and select new existing path where the samples really are. Done.

Ehhmm Forget about it for a moment (that's why I striked through the text) - some serious problems comes up this way (mainly if using more sounds with the same filenames but each in different folder - copying is file, it will create unique names of those "duplicates", but bay is not updated, of course it does not need to for itself. We just need to find out right steps, if it is doable).

Last edited by akademie; 07-16-2019 at 11:20 AM.