Old 11-26-2021, 02:44 PM   #1
jimhawthorne
Human being with feelings

Default View Waveform Under Midi Editor

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to view a tracks waveform under or in the same window as the Midi Editor? The situation is that I have a mix of an old track that I am enhancing with a better Snare, and if I could see the Waveform of the mix in the same window as the Midi editor (with the same play cursor position) it would make the job (getting rid of flams) a whole lot easier. The original mix is free-tempo, so setting a tempo and quantizing to that is pretty impossible. I am getting the job done by spending a minute or so with each snare strike using my ears. Any way to see the wave in the same window? Thanks for your time. -Jim
jimhawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:41 PM   #2
chriscomfort

In the main Timeline view, temporarily turn the track with the MIDI item into a folder track. Place the track with the snare audio as the first and only track in the folder, just under the MIDI track. Select the MIDI item by single-clicking and activate the in-line MIDI editor for that item. On my system, the keyboard shortcut key is: E.

If you don't see the audio waveform from the underlying snare audio, go to Preferences-Appearance-Peaks/Waveforms and activate "Draw faint waveforms in folder tracks".

You should be able to edit the MIDI notes right on the main timeline.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1dulwmbxwh...ample.JPG?dl=0
Old 11-26-2021, 07:29 PM   #3
jimhawthorne

Default Thanks

Thank you for that. -Jim
jimhawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote