Old 07-22-2021, 02:15 PM   #481
TonE
Human being with feelings

I see thanks. No problem, I never had a need for the above variant.
Regarding sample muting, usually I would drop only samples I want to use, thus they should all be unmuted. For my simple use cases at least. Drop an 808 kick sample, make deep basslines. Simple and good.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 04:40 AM   #482
smasha

I imported the link https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jo...ster/index.xml into the REapack repository but only got the Hackey Trackey sample playback alpha not the midi tracker.

How do I get this?

Is this MAC only?

Last edited by smasha; 08-01-2021 at 04:50 AM.
smasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 07:07 AM   #483
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasha View Post
I imported the link https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jo...ster/index.xml into the REapack repository but only got the Hackey Trackey sample playback alpha not the midi tracker.

How do I get this?

Is this MAC only?
No, it should work on all platforms. It´s a script so it's under actions rather than plugins.

Go to actions -> Show actions list

Type "Tracker" in the filter box. This should list it as a script.

Easiest is to bind it to a shortcut so you can easily start it and don't have to go to the actions menu later (you can do this by clicking add next to shortcuts for selected action).
Old 08-01-2021, 04:20 PM   #484
smasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
No, it should work on all platforms. It´s a script so it's under actions rather than plugins.

Go to actions -> Show actions list

Type "Tracker" in the filter box. This should list it as a script.

Easiest is to bind it to a shortcut so you can easily start it and don't have to go to the actions menu later (you can do this by clicking add next to shortcuts for selected action).
TY,that did the trick!
smasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 04:25 PM   #485
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasha View Post
TY,that did the trick!
Excellent!
Old 08-27-2021, 02:35 AM   #486
zoikkis

Hi and thanks for this excellent tool! As an old FT2/IT/BUZZ user, this is exactly what I've been looking for since Renoise Redux cannot do MIDI out.

One problem that I have in Renoise Map mode is that I cannot find a way to switch between blue/yellow REC mode. In other mappings it works with ESC but is there some other key for this in Renoise map?

EDIT: Problem solved, I added another shortcut to the main script

Last edited by zoikkis; 08-27-2021 at 03:21 AM.
zoikkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:50 AM   #487
TonE

Use hackey trackey together with redux. Or the new sample player jsfx by saike as well.

hackey trackey +
- redux
- sample player jsfx
- reasamplomatic5000 routed via most powerful pin method, for getting 8 stereo outs per track using 8 rs5k, for example

Enough super-powers I guess. And not to forget hackey patterns.

If there could be a way of placing the patterns in negative time in hackey patterns. Probably there is already a way, which I only could not discover yet. Its advantage would be it would not have any side effects to length of project based scripts. Or if you loop/repeat items until project end for example. With current version, this has not so nice side effect. Copying until bar 40000 or so. Or was it 40000 seconds?
Old 09-17-2021, 01:00 PM   #488
TonE

Thanks saike for adding velocity only interpolation. Not sure who requested this and for which practical use case scenario for example? I guess something related to hackey trackey sample playback.
Old 09-23-2021, 01:37 PM   #489
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Thanks saike for adding velocity only interpolation. Not sure who requested this and for which practical use case scenario for example? I guess something related to hackey trackey sample playback.
Was requested on discord

Could be useful when doing something like a retriggering snare or something? Idk. I think it was more than absence of this functionality was unexpected, and it was easy to add.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:44 AM   #490
TonE

I see thanks. Or if pitch to velocity conversion is used (because RS5k can switch samples only via velocity and not pitch), sample selection would be interpolated. I guess some things would go crazy (not a bad thing always) if there would be two velocity streams, one coming from pizmidi midiconverter3 (for example), another from hackey trackey. Never tried this technique yet.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:46 AM   #491
hangnef

Quote:
Was requested on discord

Could be useful when doing something like a retriggering snare or something? Idk. I think it was more than absence of this functionality was unexpected, and it was easy to add.
Is there a Hackey Trackey discord now?
hangnef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:18 PM   #492
sai'ke

Quote:
I see thanks. Or if pitch to velocity conversion is used (because RS5k can switch samples only via velocity and not pitch), sample selection would be interpolated. I guess some things would go crazy (not a bad thing always) if there would be two velocity streams, one coming from pizmidi midiconverter3 (for example), another from hackey trackey. Never tried this technique yet.
Eh, could give it a shot? Who knows where experiments may lead you

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangnef View Post
Is there a Hackey Trackey discord now?
Nah, not specifically. I'm in a few REAPER discords.
Old 09-29-2021, 06:16 AM   #493
TonE

We have Control-S for solo active channel. Can we also get Control-M for mute-toggle active channel?

How can this be useful?
In a minimal setup, where you programmed your drums in a few channels in hackey trackey, 4..5 channels for example, you can have fun directly from inside the hackey trackey, solo sometimes, mute-toggle other times. I would like a two layer approach. Solo has most power, if you solo as now, via Control-S it should solo this channel for sure. Buf if you unsolo again, and mute-toggled a few ones before, those should keep their state. I guess this style would give most fun with this feature. Then you could have even more complex channels, meaning more channels but still keeping the output in a limited range.

When we would have this feature that far. Some next steps might be: Duplicate current solo/mute-toggle state into another pattern/item. That would complete this feature nicely. Going beyond jeskola buzz features hopefully.
Old 11-22-2021, 05:14 PM   #494
TonE

arp!0 by master bang has the most extensive midi mapping for jsfx I know of. Maybe one day hackey trackey sample player could get a few midi mapping controls as well for the sample slots. There are 36 sample slots I guess.

What could be useful functions?
1. Select sample slot.
2. Switch to next sample for selected slot from its directory.
3. Switch to prev sample for selected slot from its directory.
4. Switch to random sample for selected slot from its directory.

For items in arrange we have already such functions, maybe those could be useful directly inside hackey trackey sample player as well. Select the slot, then play with those function triggers and see how your pattern programming has an influence on other samples. Get more surprises. It would give a bit more dynamic feel to the whole programming flow. A bit like on hardware grooveboxes where you can easily switch samples.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:15 AM   #495
mmmoth

Is it possible to turn this on record mode and bash away on the keyboard, and have the hex values recorded at the playhead?

Because at the moment it seems like it doesn't seem to do that.

edit: Turns out it is, just that the changes don't show up on the gui

Last edited by mmmoth; 03-02-2022 at 11:29 AM.
mmmoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 11:46 AM   #496
vectrex

awesome script, thanks for this! would it be possible to assign custom keybinds? because now this is not really notebook friendly, missing out del - key etc
vectrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:03 AM   #497
jachy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoikkis View Post
One problem that I have in Renoise Map mode is that I cannot find a way to switch between blue/yellow REC mode. In other mappings it works with ESC but is there some other key for this in Renoise map?
This is because of duplicate binding of esc in tracker.lua.
Line 1623:
Code:
keys.panic          = { 0,    0,  0,    27 }            -- Escape = MIDI Panic!
Line 1668:
Code:
keys.escape         = { 0,    0,  0,    27 }            -- Escape
When binding of keys.panic is changed, blue/yellow REC mode works properly.
jachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 02:18 PM   #498
sai'ke

Sorry for neglecting this thread a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmoth View Post
Is it possible to turn this on record mode and bash away on the keyboard, and have the hex values recorded at the playhead?

Because at the moment it seems like it doesn't seem to do that.

edit: Turns out it is, just that the changes don't show up on the gui
Do you mean recording from MIDI input? If so, this should work on latest (2.87), if the UI doesn't update, can you record a GIF of what you are doing?

If you mean entering velocity information, then note that for regular MIDI entry, unfortunately, MIDI notes can only be associated with a velocity. You can't assign a velocity without assigning a note. It's a limitation of the format. You can change effect values wherever you want though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectrex View Post
awesome script, thanks for this! would it be possible to assign custom keybinds? because now this is not really notebook friendly, missing out del - key etc
You can add custom keybindings in %APPDATA%\REAPER\Scripts\Tracker tools\Tracker\userkeys.lua or its equivalent location on your OS.
I'm open to good suggestions to the different keymaps (if not taken).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jachy View Post
This is because of duplicate binding of esc in tracker.lua.
Line 1623:
Code:
keys.panic          = { 0,    0,  0,    27 }            -- Escape = MIDI Panic!
Line 1668:
Code:
keys.escape         = { 0,    0,  0,    27 }            -- Escape
When binding of keys.panic is changed, blue/yellow REC mode works properly.
Oi, good catch. That's an oversight on my part. I wonder what the best approach would be here. Which of the two behaviors to change. I'm inclined to say MIDI panic is something that one would use less and might need a modifier attached. What do you think?
Old 07-13-2022, 03:35 PM   #499
jachy

Quote:
Oi, good catch. That's an oversight on my part. I wonder what the best approach would be here. Which of the two behaviors to change. I'm inclined to say MIDI panic is something that one would use less and might need a modifier attached. What do you think?
Yes, definitely! Then ESC works about the same way as in Renoise. F12 (6697266) was used to panic in other modes and that seems ok.

Btw. would it be hard task to (get option to) change midi record to the way Reaper behaves with midi step recording? Like when I'm playing some notes and searching for a good chord. I keep pressing at least one key down while I'm searching that perfect combination of notes. Well, then I find what I was searching for and take my fingers off from keyboard. I would not want to see all chords that played while I was searching my chord but only those that ended up playing. Now Hackey remembers everything I play. It's a bit hard to explain but maybe you get the point?

I appreciate hugely your work! This is essential tool for me and the only rope to really climb to the Reaper world

Last edited by jachy; 07-13-2022 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2022, 04:02 PM   #500
sai'ke

Quote:
Yes, definitely! Then ESC works about the same way as in Renoise. F12 (6697266) was used to panic in other modes and that seems ok.
So in renoise mode, esc remains panic and rec mode gets bound to F12 or vice versa?

Quote:
Btw. would it be hard task to (get option to) change midi record to the way Reaper behaves with midi step recording? Like when I'm playing some notes and searching for a good chord. I keep pressing at least one key down while I'm searching that perfect combination of notes. Well, then I find what I was searching for and take my fingers off from keyboard. I would not want to see all chords that played while I was searching my chord but only those that ended up playing. Now Hackey remembers everything I play. It's a bit hard to explain but maybe you get the point?
I think I know what you mean. I've rolled out an update in 2.89 which introduces the same behaviour in HT's MIDI recording. Let me know if it works for you.
Old 07-15-2022, 01:36 PM   #501
jachy

Quote:
So in renoise mode, esc remains panic and rec mode gets bound to F12 or vice versa?
Vice versa. Esc is for rec mode, my preference anyway. Actually F12 is taken in Renoise map (keys.m75)
I don't know where to bind keys.panic - i disabled it :P

Quote:
I think I know what you mean. I've rolled out an update in 2.89 which introduces the same behaviour in HT's MIDI recording. Let me know if it works for you.
Yes! It was fast! Now it's good. Thanks!

Last edited by jachy; 07-15-2022 at 01:43 PM.
Old 09-16-2022, 03:20 PM   #502
Suzuki

Hi! Thank you for a great script!

I'd like to use Hackey Trackey and MK slicer sample mode in combination when programming a Breakcore style beat, so I'm wondering if it's doable to use effects like retrigger, which are available on Hackey Trackey Sample Playback Module, in normal mode. Also, sorry if I missed something, but are there effect columns to reverse and fade samples? These would be useful for Renoise users.
https://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Effect_Commands

Last edited by Suzuki; 09-16-2022 at 03:38 PM.
Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 02:22 PM   #503
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
Hi! Thank you for a great script!

I'd like to use Hackey Trackey and MK slicer sample mode in combination when programming a Breakcore style beat, so I'm wondering if it's doable to use effects like retrigger, which are available on Hackey Trackey Sample Playback Module, in normal mode. Also, sorry if I missed something, but are there effect columns to reverse and fade samples? These would be useful for Renoise users.
https://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Effect_Commands
Thank you!

They're not available in HTP yet, but I can see what I can do next time I Have some time to work on Hackey Trackey Playback. So reverse just reverses the playhead of a sample that is already playing? What does it do when no sample is playing? Or when you place the reverse effect on the same row as the sample being started?
Old 09-19-2022, 02:26 PM   #504
Suzuki

Quote:
So reverse just reverses the playhead of a sample that is already playing? What does it do when no sample is playing? Or when you place the reverse effect on the same row as the sample being started?
In Renoise, reverse effect -B00 plays a sample from the end and -B01 plays it from the beginning as long as the sound continue to play. If no sample is playing, nothing happens. -B00 before a sample doesn't reverse the sample. When users put -B00 on the same row as a sample itself, the sample plays backward. If we want to trigger a different area of a sample, we need to put -Sxx (slice number or offset) effect in combination (before, after, or the same row). In this case, the sampler will count the offset from the back of a sample to the front of it, so you might need
a hex calculator.

EDIT:
added example videos
https://filebin.net/szm5nf05zv53ijns/IMG_4298.MOV
https://filebin.net/szm5nf05zv53ijns/IMG_4300.MOV
https://filebin.net/szm5nf05zv53ijns/IMG_4299.MOV
https://filebin.net/szm5nf05zv53ijns/IMG_4201.MOV

Last edited by Suzuki; 09-19-2022 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-19-2022, 03:20 PM   #505
Suzuki

A few things I noticed about HTSPM

1. I'm not sure how I can undo fade in/fade out/crop to selection. Undo/redo option might be helpful.
2. Loading multiple samples at once can be done from the media explorer, but can't be done by executing load sample action. Is it possible to load selected items in order from left to right into the sampler?
3. Not sure if it's just me, but the load sample action throw an error "hackey_trackey_load_sample.lua:65: attempt to index a nil value (local 'name')" every time I execute it although loading a sample itself succeeds.

Last edited by Suzuki; 09-19-2022 at 03:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-24-2022, 08:45 AM   #506
sai'ke

Quote:
In Renoise, reverse effect -B00 plays a sample from the end and -B01 plays it from the beginning as long as the sound continue to play. If no sample is playing, nothing happens. -B00 before a sample doesn't reverse the sample. When users put -B00 on the same row as a sample itself, the sample plays backward.

EDIT:
added example videos
https://filebin.net/szm5nf05zv53ijns/IMG_4298.MOV
https://filebin.net/szm5nf05zv53ijns/IMG_4300.MOV
https://filebin.net/szm5nf05zv53ijns/IMG_4299.MOV
https://filebin.net/szm5nf05zv53ijns/IMG_4201.MOV
Thank you for the very insightful videos. They definitely helped.

Quote:
If we want to trigger a different area of a sample, we need to put -Sxx (slice number or offset) effect in combination (before, after, or the same row). In this case, the sampler will count the offset from the back of a sample to the front of it, so you might need a hex calculator.
Unfortunately, I currently support only one effect at a time. I'll look into maybe supporting two in the future, but it'll take some time. There's a few reasons why this is challenging at the moment. It should be possible to make values bigger than 1 act as an offset into the sample, if you think this'd be useful. That'd be a far easier way to make this happen.

That said, I did add a reverse action. It's under effect 60 (B0 doesn't exist because MIDI only goes up to 127). The rest should work the same as you are used to (I hope).

I also added a help function (F1) on the sampler module which lists the effects, so you can easily look them up if you forget.

Quote:
1. I'm not sure how I can undo fade in/fade out/crop to selection. Undo/redo option might be helpful.
There was no undo functionality. One of the reasons is that I wanted to limit the memory use. I have now added a single undo action for the sample editor. So you can undo one step and one step only with CTRL + Z. Note that the editor _must_ have focus to do this, otherwise the undo command will go to REAPER.

Quote:
2. Loading multiple samples at once can be done from the media explorer, but can't be done by executing load sample action. Is it possible to load selected items in order from left to right into the sampler?
I have added this feature.

Quote:
3. Not sure if it's just me, but the load sample action throw an error "hackey_trackey_load_sample.lua:65: attempt to index a nil value (local 'name')" every time I execute it although loading a sample itself succeeds.
This was a bug that had to do with the format of paths. My guess would be that you are on Linux or Mac? Anyways, it should be fixed now. Please let me know if it isn't.

I hope these changes make it more useful for you
Old 09-26-2022, 08:36 AM   #507
Suzuki

Much appreciated for the phenomenal update!

Quote:
Unfortunately, I currently support only one effect at a time. I'll look into maybe supporting two in the future, but it'll take some time. There's a few reasons why this is challenging at the moment. It should be possible to make values bigger than 1 act as an offset into the sample, if you think this'd be useful. That'd be a far easier way to make this happen.
Yes, that sounds quite useful!

Quote:
That said, I did add a reverse action. It's under effect 60 (B0 doesn't exist because MIDI only goes up to 127). The rest should work the same as you are used to (I hope).

I also added a help function (F1) on the sampler module which lists the effects, so you can easily look them up if you forget.
All those functions work beautifully! Thank you

Quote:
There was no undo functionality. One of the reasons is that I wanted to limit the memory use. I have now added a single undo action for the sample editor. So you can undo one step and one step only with CTRL + Z. Note that the editor _must_ have focus to do this, otherwise the undo command will go to REAPER.
Makes sense. The ability to undo even one step is enough (at least for me) and the great balance of the memory use and functionality, I reckon.

Quote:
I have added this feature.

This was a bug that had to do with the format of paths. My guess would be that you are on Linux or Mac? Anyways, it should be fixed now. Please let me know if it isn't.
Thanks for the awesome addition Sorry I forgot to mention my OS, I'm a Mac user. The problem is now solved.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but the workflow I'd like to accomplish badly (and people use Renoise this way) when working on Breakcore is to slice Amen up, assign each slices to midi notes, and then program them on the fly by switching slices with notes. This is achievable by MK Slicer sample button which auto-assign each slices to MS5K instances. The problem with this method is we can't use fancy effects like retrigger, reverse and pitch up/down on the Hackey Trackey main mode if I didn't miss something. It would be quite useful if these effects can be also applicable to those slices without HTSPM, but is this complicated to implement? The current workaround I came up with is to use both the MS5K instances and HTSPM at the same time. I mean, when programming beats on the fly we can use MS5Ks, but if we want to trigger effects, we can change key range to HTSPM key range (loading the same slices as on MS5Ks beforehand) and then just program effects. This would be slower than the ideal workflow though. Or alternatively, it would be useful if exists an option to switch slice (sample) selection by keys instead of the velocity column on the HTSPM mode now that HTSPM can load multiple samples on the arrange all at once. I'm also not sure how difficult it is to implement though. I attached the shitty quality example video for reference (I want to apply HTSPM effects to them!).
https://sendvid.com/u68hkuhm
Old 09-26-2022, 02:17 PM   #508
sai'ke

Quote:
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but the workflow I'd like to accomplish badly (and people use Renoise this way) when working on Breakcore is to slice Amen up, assign each slices to midi notes, and then program them on the fly by switching slices with notes. This is achievable by MK Slicer sample button which auto-assign each slices to MS5K instances. The problem with this method is we can't use fancy effects like retrigger, reverse and pitch up/down on the Hackey Trackey main mode if I didn't miss something. It would be quite useful if these effects can be also applicable to those slices without HTSPM, but is this complicated to implement? The current workaround I came up with is to use both the MS5K instances and HTSPM at the same time. I mean, when programming beats on the fly we can use MS5Ks, but if we want to trigger effects, we can change key range to HTSPM key range (loading the same slices as on MS5Ks beforehand) and then just program effects. This would be slower than the ideal workflow though. Or alternatively, it would be useful if exists an option to switch slice (sample) selection by keys instead of the velocity column on the HTSPM mode now that HTSPM can load multiple samples on the arrange all at once. I'm also not sure how difficult it is to implement though. I attached the shitty quality example video for reference (I want to apply HTSPM effects to them!).
https://sendvid.com/u68hkuhm
Ahhh, okay. No worries, we can iterate on it. That makes perfect sense. I've added a mode to HTSPM to make different notes trigger different samples instead. Enable "Note toggle" to enable this mode (any ideas for a better name for this switch? ).

The first sample is at C-4, second C#4 and so forth. Note that you can still tune the samples by using the little sample tuning thing on the sample editor. Also note that I added a shortcut to change the tuning on them all at once if you hold Option while dragging that button.

Given that this kind of obsoletes the velocity column, I have also added a mode to hide the velocity column in Hackey Trackey itself (it's the config option all the way at the bottom under the config menu (options can be opened with CMD + O on Mac if my memory serves me right)). I hope this works for your use-case. Since this was some late evening coding, please let me know if you encounter any bugs.
Old 10-01-2022, 10:37 AM   #509
Suzuki

Quote:
Ahhh, okay. No worries, we can iterate on it. That makes perfect sense. I've added a mode to HTSPM to make different notes trigger different samples instead. Enable "Note toggle" to enable this mode (any ideas for a better name for this switch? ).

The first sample is at C-4, second C#4 and so forth. Note that you can still tune the samples by using the little sample tuning thing on the sample editor. Also note that I added a shortcut to change the tuning on them all at once if you hold Option while dragging that button.

Given that this kind of obsoletes the velocity column, I have also added a mode to hide the velocity column in Hackey Trackey itself (it's the config option all the way at the bottom under the config menu (options can be opened with CMD + O on Mac if my memory serves me right)). I hope this works for your use-case. Since this was some late evening coding, please let me know if you encounter any bugs.
Sorry it took so long to check this amzing update. All the new features work great as expected! I don't come up with a nice naming atm (key trigger?), but the hint window will help users figure out the feature, so there's nothing to worry about , I suppose.

Actually the update make it much easier to work on Breakcore style music on Hackey Trackey, and I'm certain that many Renoise user will find it as a fill in the gap between HT and Renoise. Thank you
so much
Old 10-02-2022, 06:30 AM   #510
sai'ke

Quote:
Sorry it took so long to check this amzing update. All the new features work great as expected! I don't come up with a nice naming atm (key trigger?), but the hint window will help users figure out the feature, so there's nothing to worry about , I suppose.

Actually the update make it much easier to work on Breakcore style music on Hackey Trackey, and I'm certain that many Renoise user will find it as a fill in the gap between HT and Renoise. Thank you
so much
Happy to hear that
Old 10-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #511
fmL

i use reaper and renoise which is a great combination so HT is a great addition to reaper. glad to see you are actively developing this still.
Old 10-29-2022, 11:53 PM   #512
TonE

Tried ReaImGui template* on hackey trackey. Seems to work, however when entering notes, the tracker window is flickering (quickly closing and reopening) per entered note. Not sure what is causing this, hackey or this conversion script. Having a solution would be cool, hoping the tracker interface getting even faster while editing. Then doing same for hackey patterns and machines (did not test those yet). Thanks friends and X-Raym for creating and sharing this template technique. Have fun.

* https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScript...aster/ReaImGui
Old 10-31-2022, 09:34 AM   #513
lilith93

Hi,

I'm struggling with setting these parameters here:

When I hover with the mouse over e.g. the [1] after out and pressing the left mouse button it changes the parameter before. This is on Ubuntu 20.04.
lilith93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:40 AM   #514
TonE

I change those values via keyboard input. Never tried mouse there. Good luck.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:11 AM   #515
lilith93

Quote:
I change those values via keyboard input. Never tried mouse there. Good luck.
You mean by doubleclicking on the []? That's not working here.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:29 AM   #516
TonE

No, not clicking anything on the mouse, using qwerty keyboard. This is how trackers are used normally. Depends on which setup you use, and if you are using userkeys.lua or not. If you want orijinal extra definitions you can use userkeys.lua, so even after a new update of tracker.lua, your changes will still work. But any new additions of the new update, you might need to edit yourself.
Old 10-31-2022, 11:49 AM   #517
lilith93

Quote:
No, not clicking anything on the mouse, using qwerty keyboard. This is how trackers are used normally. Depends on which setup you use, and if you are using userkeys.lua or not. If you want orijinal extra definitions you can use userkeys.lua, so even after a new update of tracker.lua, your changes will still work. But any new additions of the new update, you might need to edit yourself.
thanks that worked
Old 10-31-2022, 02:11 PM   #518
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith93 View Post
Hi,

I'm struggling with setting these parameters here:

When I hover with the mouse over e.g. the [1] after out and pressing the left mouse button it changes the parameter before. This is on Ubuntu 20.04.
Oh wow, that looks very frustrating and I'm not sure what's happening there.

I can't seem to reproduce it on my end. You're indeed supposed to click and drag the value between the brackets so you're not doing anything wrong. Are you on a high DPI screen by any chance?

Could you try updating to 3.00, it should highlight the one you're hovering over starting from that version. Maybe that can help us track down what's happening here. Apologies for the frustration.

In addition, unrelated to your issue, but there's now also a right mouse button menu which you can use to open options/help/harmonizer/etc (I keep forgetting the shortcuts, hopefully this is helpful to more than just me). Note that right click doesn't work over the pattern window, since there it's used for one of the block selection workflows.

Old 10-31-2022, 02:51 PM   #519
TonE

Dear saike, thanks for the update. How to disable "Note Names" which shows in my case, in initial state: No note names found for this track. I could not find any menu entry for removing this part which consumes some pixel space. The menus are great, thanks.
Old 11-04-2022, 10:43 PM   #520
fmL

just resync'd and im getting "...Support/REAPER/Scripts/Tracker Tools/Tracker/tracker.lua:3863 attempt to index a nil value (local 'plotData')"

any ideas?

mac m1 monterey.