Old 04-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Landy67
Human being with feelings

Default $%*#@ FX!!!!

I have no idea what's going on, but suddenly I can't the FX to work! I upgraded recently to v4.33 Rev 9d5c77. Everything I recorded beforehand works with the FX, but I can't get it to work with anything new!

I've even loaded an older project, and the FX works. If I delete the content, and re-record, I can't get the FX to work!

I'm at wits end! Do I need to un-install and re-install the older version?
Landy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
Coachz

just download the previous version that worked
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

It would help us helping you tremendously if you could state how exactly the plug-ins stop working, and telling us your REAPER version (32 or 64 bit?), your platform/operating system and what plug-ins exactly are failing.
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
Landy67

Default Thank you for any help you may be able to give!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
It would help us helping you tremendously if you could state how exactly the plug-ins stop working, and telling us your REAPER version (32 or 64 bit?), your platform/operating system and what plug-ins exactly are failing.
I am Running Windows 8 32 bit, and Reaper v4.33 rev 9d5c77 I upgraded from Reaper 4.32 (I don't know the rev)

Things have been going well, and the other day I got a popup that said there was a new version. I downloaded it, and upgraded, and I didn't notice the problem at first, since I was recording clean, and going to apply the FX later.

Now When I record, I select the FX, and they look correct, but the FX doesn't change the audio, and the ones that have monitors don't show any activity when I play.

If I open a project that I created using the earlier version, the FX that were part of the project work fine, but if I add or remove anything, the other FX all quit working.

If I add a new track to an existing project, or delete the contents of a track and record something new the FX doesn't work.

I've tried two recording interfaces, and their respective drivers (Focusrite Saphire 2i2 and Line 6 Toneport DI) but it doesn't make any difference. I can't use any FX with my recordings since upgrading.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
Landy67

Default Troubleshooting update

I just changed my audio driver from ASIO/Focusrite to Direct Sound, and now I can use the FX on new recordings. I can't record, but I can playback the way I want.

I'll try to replace the ASIO drivers and see if that fixes the problem.