Old 11-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #1
mrelwood
Human being with feelings

Default Worst OSX Beta bug for me.

Reaper OSX has come a long way, but there is one major bug that causes headaches almost every time I use Reaper.

Scandinavian alphabets (umlauts, "ä" and "ö") are a showstopper in filenames and project notes, and behave badly in track and marker names.

In Finland (and Sweden, Germany etc), the umlauts are as common as any other aplhabet, and there are a lot of words that have a completely different meaning without the umlauts.

I know there is something big going on (perhaps an OSX installer?), so I hope the aplhabets will get a fix to the next release.

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
labyrinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
Reaper OSX has come a long way, but there is one major bug that causes headaches almost every time I use Reaper.

Scandinavian alphabets (umlauts, "ä" and "ö") are a showstopper in filenames and project notes, and behave badly in track and marker names.

In Finland (and Sweden, Germany etc), the umlauts are as common as any other aplhabet, and there are a lot of words that have a completely different meaning without the umlauts.

I know there is something big going on (perhaps an OSX installer?), so I hope the aplhabets will get a fix to the next release.

Thanks!
Feature Request my friend!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
Xenakios

Apparently the issue isn't totally trivial to fix in OS-X. But when the Cockos guys do that, I hope they'll update those WDL/Swell open source codes too so I can eventually support our beloved Ä's and Ö's in my OS-X extensions too...
Old 11-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #4
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by labyrinth View Post
Feature Request my friend!
Kinda, but then again I'd title it as a bug since it launches erratic and recless behaviour. And I wanted to get more attention... P

Sad to hear that it is "not trivial" to fix. Thank god Justin is a genius!
Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe

Was this ever turned into a feature request? I'd like to support it anyway, being a Swede and all:

+ 1

...I use a lot of å,ä and ö:s

Regards,
- Jönös
Jonas_Eriksson_Swe is offline   Reply With Quote