Old 01-17-2010, 04:46 AM   #1
Dream Of Sleeping
Human being with feelings

Default Midi Piano Sustain Pedal

Hi i recorded a piano part into reaper while using a pedal for sustain. Once recorded i thought i would like to edit where i had pushed the pedal but i could not find out how to do this.

Things i have tried: I opened up the midi editor and looked though all the options for (what i think is called) cc lanes, even opened the foot switch one (not exactly sure what is was called now i can't see it.) Anyway despite looking through all the options for the cc lanes i could not find any that showed my pedals activity. Although reaper must have recognised it as it recorded what i played.

Now i THINK i can see some kind of representation of the pedal when i'm not in midi editor and just on the regular screen looking at that the track, i know i can see the notes represented very small and i think underneath that i can see little marks that may be for the pedal but see know way of altering them.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Dream Of Sleeping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
gofer
-blänk-

You've been on the right track.

The sustain pedal can be shown in the CC lane of the MIDI piano roll editor. In general MIDI it's CC64 (Hold Pedal). In the dropdown list of the lane's header a CC number is indented (prefixed by a little dot) as soon as there is data of that cc number, so you could look for that hint.

You can also see the pedal event when you switch view to the event list view.

Some good thoughts about accessing controller lanes are cumulated in this feature request:
ME: Easy access to Used CC etc messages.
Vote, if you like them
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:17 AM   #3
Dream Of Sleeping
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
You've been on the right track.

The sustain pedal can be shown in the CC lane of the MIDI piano roll editor. In general MIDI it's CC64 (Hold Pedal).
Thank you! I must have missed that one when searching through them. Found it now. Cheers.
Dream Of Sleeping is offline   Reply With Quote