Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 08-30-2019, 02:51 PM   #1
MRiddickW
Human being with feelings

Default Frequency Zoom in Frequency Spectrum Analyzer Meter?

Is it possible to zoom the frequency axis in Frequency Spectrum Analyzer Meter?

I've been mixing some tracks from live performances, and occasionally I'll hear a bit of attempted feedback/resonant frequency that I need to notch out. I just use the spectrum analyzer with FFT and integrate turned all the way up, loop a bad bit, and find it easily enough (see attached picture).

From here I just use ReaEQ to notch it out. The issue I run into is that it's a bit of trial and error here to find the actual frequency. It'd be nice to zoom into the spectrum analyzer to get a finer frequency resolution and know "yup, that's exactly 1787.2 Hz." so I can make it as small of a notch as possible.
Attached Images
File Type: png FFT.png (43.9 KB, 130 views)
MRiddickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 04:24 PM   #2
JamesPeters

You can use this one instead:

https://github.com/JoepVanlier/JSFX/...nd-time-window

It has a number of additional features and that's one of them. Right-click and drag to zoom.

If you don't use ReaPack to get scripts/JS plugins, you can download the files you need directly instead and install them manually.

The 2 files required are:

SaikeMultiSpectralAnalyzer.jsfx

colormaps.jsfx-inc

(Right-click and download both those files.) To install them in Reaper (again if you're not using ReaPack):

Open Reaper. Go to the main menu at the top. Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder. When the window opens, look for the folder named "effects". That is where you want to put these files specifically (or in a sub-folder within "effects"). Restart Reaper and the plugins will be available in the list.

I'd recommend adding ReaPack so that you can add scripts/plugins from many sources easily and have them able to be updated easily. See this thread for info about ReaPack.

Last edited by JamesPeters; 08-30-2019 at 04:40 PM.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 07:50 PM   #3
smithclarkson01

couldn't possibly fit a label for each bar in the spectrum analyzer since there are so many.

as for the 15hz, surely foobar is sending these notes to your speakers but they may or may not be able to actually play sound at 15hz (probably not without a sub) Here

Last edited by smithclarkson01; 09-02-2019 at 02:05 PM.
smithclarkson01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:33 PM   #4
rainydayshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
You can use this one instead:

https://github.com/JoepVanlier/JSFX/...nd-time-window

It has a number of additional features and that's one of them. Right-click and drag to zoom.

If you don't use ReaPack to get scripts/JS plugins, you can download the files you need directly instead and install them manually.

The 2 files required are:

SaikeMultiSpectralAnalyzer.jsfx

colormaps.jsfx-inc

(Right-click and download both those files.) To install them in Reaper (again if you're not using ReaPack):

Open Reaper. Go to the main menu at the top. Options > Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder. When the window opens, look for the folder named "effects". That is where you want to put these files specifically (or in a sub-folder within "effects"). Restart Reaper and the plugins will be available in the list.

I'd recommend adding ReaPack so that you can add scripts/plugins from many sources easily and have them able to be updated easily. See this thread for info about ReaPack.
These are fantastic. I might not have found them on my own, thanks for sharing. (added SaikeMultiSpectralAnalyzer and SideSpectrum Meter to my Monitoring Effects chain)

Homepage
rainydayshirts is offline   Reply With Quote