Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-13-2021, 09:55 AM   #1
jazzbat
Human being with feelings

Default Reainsert Dropping Volume 6dB

Hello,

I'm relatively new to outboard gear implementation.
When I hook up my Tegler SKM or Portico MBP via Reainsert, I am getting a 6dB volume drop on the round trip. This is with the hardware in bypass mode. That happens with all my outboard gear. Is that normal to have to apply a volume plugin after the outboard gear to get the 6dB back? I am using balanced XLR to TRS. Interface is a UFX+ (using analog TRS output and input jacks on UFX+ to connect to outboard gear). Thanks for any help you can provide. I worry I have something hooked up wrong. I did a full reset in TotalMix (RME interface software) and I am still getting the same 6dB drop.

Best,
jazzbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 02:24 PM   #2
Midifail

hi jazzbat, can you check in totalmix if the rme ufx inputs is set to +4dbu? you can remove the outboard out of the equation if you route the rme outs directly back to its inputs.the round-trip should be equal signal level. did you check the cables?
Midifail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:49 PM   #3
jazzbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midifail View Post
hi jazzbat, can you check in totalmix if the rme ufx inputs is set to +4dbu? you can remove the outboard out of the equation if you route the rme outs directly back to its inputs.the round-trip should be equal signal level. did you check the cables?
Thanks for that answer. You were absolutely correct. The inputs were set to "Lo Gain". I changed them to +4.
jazzbat is offline   Reply With Quote