Old 05-18-2021, 02:57 PM   #1
SteeleMan
Human being with feelings

Default Sonible smart:EQ 3 Crash Fix

Opening Reaper with Integrated graphics instead of Nvidia graphics fixed the Crashing of Smart:EQ 3 ( this may work for other Sonible Products as well if they are crashing, but I haven't tried - just heard a rumor )

I Set this as a permanent thing in the Nvidia control panel so Everything else except Reaper uses Nvidia Graphics ( as the default Graphics driver), as I don't need Nvidia graphics to use Reaper - I can't tell the difference anyways

In the Nvidia Control Panel you can assign any .exe to use Integrated or Nvidia graphics when it executes and disregard the global setting

There - I've said the same thing a couple times..Have fun!
SteeleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:06 PM   #2
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleMan View Post
Opening Reaper with Integrated graphics instead of Nvidia graphics fixed the Crashing of Smart:EQ 3 ( this may work for other Sonible Products as well if they are crashing, but I haven't tried - just heard a rumor )

I Set this as a permanent thing in the Nvidia control panel so Everything else except Reaper uses Nvidia Graphics ( as the default Graphics driver), as I don't need Nvidia graphics to use Reaper - I can't tell the difference anyways

In the Nvidia Control Panel you can assign any .exe to use Integrated or Nvidia graphics when it executes and disregard the global setting

There - I've said the same thing a couple times..Have fun!
Interesting ...

Was looking at the nVidia Control, but could not find anywhere to enter
any Program name for exclusion ...

any hints ?
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 03:01 AM   #3
SteeleMan

Yes

Find Your Reaper.exe File, ( Mine is in: Program Files / Reaper / Reaper (x64) )

Right Click on it and choose Run with graphics program from the drop down panel that appears and choose : Integrated graphics.

You will then run Reaper with integrated graphics ( not just the Smart Eq ) I see no performance change running Reaper this way, but have not done or seen an in-depth study on the subject, that's just my general observation.
Old 07-27-2021, 07:03 PM   #4
RJHollins

Quote:
Yes

Find Your Reaper.exe File, ( Mine is in: Program Files / Reaper / Reaper (x64) )

Right Click on it and choose Run with graphics program from the drop down panel that appears and choose : Integrated graphics.

You will then run Reaper with integrated graphics ( not just the Smart Eq ) I see no performance change running Reaper this way, but have not done or seen an in-depth study on the subject, that's just my general observation.
Hi SteeleMan,

Right clicking on the Reaper.exe file ... there is no 'Run with graphics program'. [and nothing in Properties].

Might be that my Motherboard does not have Graphics [MSI] ... so I only have the nVidia card.
Old 08-18-2021, 02:16 AM   #5
SteeleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Hi SteeleMan,

Right clicking on the Reaper.exe file ... there is no 'Run with graphics program'. [and nothing in Properties].

Might be that my Motherboard does not have Graphics [MSI] ... so I only have the nVidia card.

Basically I believe all computers have a native, built-in graphics processor, but I could be wrong there.

The Idea is to change the graphic processor that Reaper uses. Either just for Reaper or globally would probably work as well.

You would need to essentially: " change default graphics processor "

I am not an expert but I don't see any difference using the "built in" processor and my NVidia card on anything I do as I don't need super high resolution graphics to run Reaper or Youtube.

Maybe Google the subject for more info. I just know that when I switched processors, Reaper no longer crashed with the Smart Eq ( a legitimate and paid for Plugin BTW, not a "cracked version" it was not that, that was the problem if anyone suspects.)

I informed Sonible and they politely replied, Maybe the will fix the problem in an update.

have FUn!
Old 08-18-2021, 10:44 AM   #6
Stella645

Quote:
Basically I believe all computers have a native, built-in graphics processor, but I could be wrong there.
Yes you are wrong there.

They are included on some processors, not on others.

Quote:
Motherboards with integrated graphics are no longer available as far as I'm aware. It would be on the cpu if anywhere.
Stella645 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:49 AM   #7
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella645 View Post
Yes you are wrong there.

They are included on some processors, not on others.

Motherboards with integrated graphics are no longer available as far as I'm aware. It would be on the cpu if anywhere.
My MSI Motherboard does not have integrated graphics.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:36 PM   #8
Stella645

As I said....you don't get mobos with integrated graphics any more.....you get some (I guess most?) that are integrated graphics capable which just means they have the connector to work with the integrated graphics on the cpu.
Stella645 is online now   Reply With Quote