Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 06-21-2021, 10:16 PM   #1
vitibergen
Human being with feelings

Default noise and crackling sounds during playback

Hi! My first post here. Have been using Reaper for a couple of years and had no problems so far.

I’m using Reaper for demo recording and I’m running on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) with Reaper v.6.29/OSX64-clang rev 12c62f (May 18 2021)

I updated Reaper today because lately I experienced issues with crackling and popping noises during playback of my recordings. I thought this was related to my old audio Presonus iTwo interface. So, I borrowed a Steinberg UR22 C but the problem was still there.

It’s only occasional crackling noises here and there, but it is impossible for me to use this setup with these issues. The noises never appear at the same place in the recording and the noises is not possible to see at the track itself. All green input levels on the recording. It can appear on a single track with no plugins, and with larger projects with 60 tracks and loads of plugins.

The CPU is currently at 30-40 % and the RAM is also not affected by the Reaper session, but the crackling noises are there 4-5 times during a 3-4-minute-long recording. The buffer size is all set to default.

Any suggestions to where to begin!?

Last edited by vitibergen; 06-24-2021 at 05:57 AM.
vitibergen is offline   Reply With Quote