Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 05-20-2021, 02:00 PM   #1
underma
Human being with feelings

Default UAD 9.14 breaks API Vision CS in Reaper!

Just a heads-up, the UAD 9.14 update breaks the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in in Reaper.

They renamed the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in, adding 'Legacy' on the end. On their supported DAWs, any instance of the plug-in gets swapped automatically to the Legacy version, but in Reaper, it doesn't swap the plug-in. UA says this is because Reaper uses the plug-in name, not the plug-in ID number.

Anyway, after the upgrade, all of my sessions give me an error that I don't have a license for the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in, and every instance of that plug-in displays the new version, but inoperable and with all of the values set to nominal.

I did downgrade to 9.13, but am now dead-ended unless I feel like re-mixing every song I've ever used API Vision Channel Strip on.
underma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 12:22 PM   #2
HighAndDry

Quote:
Originally Posted by underma View Post
Just a heads-up, the UAD 9.14 update breaks the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in in Reaper.

They renamed the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in, adding 'Legacy' on the end. On their supported DAWs, any instance of the plug-in gets swapped automatically to the Legacy version, but in Reaper, it doesn't swap the plug-in. UA says this is because Reaper uses the plug-in name, not the plug-in ID number.

Anyway, after the upgrade, all of my sessions give me an error that I don't have a license for the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in, and every instance of that plug-in displays the new version, but inoperable and with all of the values set to nominal.

I did downgrade to 9.13, but am now dead-ended unless I feel like re-mixing every song I've ever used API Vision Channel Strip on.
that is of interest to me. I am thinking of getting a UA interface. I am looking into the 8p. Which UA interface are you using?
HighAndDry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 03:13 PM   #3
underma

I got a Quad Satellite first, then an Octo Satellite and finally an Apollo 8. I run it all with a mid-2012 MacBook Pro, using an aggregate audio device consisting of the Apollo 8 and a Focusrite 8PreX.

I was thinking about going to Thunderbolt 3, but got the Apollo 8 instead. Would've preferred the 8p, of course, to get unison on all 8 channels, but the 8 was too cheap to pass up. I had plans to replace the 8PreX with an 8p at some point.

I expected I would like the 8 a lot, and I do. I didn't expect to like Console so much.

Having presets in Console is so cool. I have presets for several different tracking situations, so I don't spend time assigning plug-ins. I also have a Mixing preset that has no plug-ins at all, so when I mix a complex song, it can use the CPUs in the 8.

The virtual tracks in Console are really nice, too, so you can set up sliders to control the volume of the DAW and the Mac's audio out.

I also use Console and the Apollo 8/Focusrite 8PreX setup to play live, and the Cue outs work well to run floor monitors.

Question for you: What DAW do you use, and why?
underma is offline   Reply With Quote