Old 04-21-2018, 05:46 AM   #1
Gert Hill
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI-Map Icon Platform M+ Zoom Buttons & Jog to Reaper

Hi out there!
I purchased an Icon Platform M+ and almost everything works
fine. However, the vertical and the horizontal zoom buttons on the M+
which either should activate the jog wheel for zooming the tracks
vertically or horizontally are not mapped. How can I map these functions to Reaper? Does anybody know the MIDI commands?
G.
PS I'm using Win7 Prof 64 and the latest Reaper version.
Gert Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:11 AM   #2
villa1963

Default m+ and reaper

Hi

Did you get this resolved I am having the same issue?Also the mixer button on the M+ doesn't bring up the mixer in Reaper.

cheers
villa1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #3
Gert Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by villa1963 View Post
Hi

Did you get this resolved I am having the same issue?Also the mixer button on the M+ doesn't bring up the mixer in Reaper.

cheers
Sorry not yet. My mixer button gives back the mixer view after fader automation.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:38 PM   #4
Gert Hill

Default Reaper Extensions needed for Icon Platform M+

From Icon Service Germany: (Abstract)
There are two ways to extend the control features of MCP DAW controllers.
1st: The MCP implementation for Icon Platform devices should be added to Reaper to support additional functions, or
2nd: Additional controls should be able to be set using key commands mapped to MIDI controls (via Actions).
Both require a change by Reaper development.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:20 PM   #5
TobyAM

I have just implemented a fix for this:

Using loopMIDI create two new MIDI devices to be used for control input into Reaper (e.g. 'iCON MIDI' and iCON MCU'). Using MIDI-OX connect your Platform M midi output two these two new loopMIDI devices. In Reaper enable iCON MIDI for control messages, and switch your control surface input to iCON MCU.

Then you need to make your own mapping by some combination of the Platform-M+ configuration software, and action shortcuts in Reaper.
TobyAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:59 PM   #6
Gert Hill

Default Reaper Extensions needed for Icon Platform M+

Thanks, Toby!
Hopefully, I can try out this upcoming weekend. I'll let you know.
Gert
Old 12-11-2018, 04:01 PM   #7
Gert Hill

Default Reaper 'Mouseweel+ALT or CTRL' to MIDI Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert Hill View Post
Thanks, Toby!
Hopefully, I can try out this upcoming weekend. I'll let you know.
Gert
Toby,
Thank you very much again. Sorry for my late response, I was busy with other projects.

- loopMIDI creating two new MIDI devices (check)
- MIDI-OX connecting your Platform M+ midi output to these two new loopMIDI devices (check)
- In Reaper enable iCON MIDI for control messages, and switch your control surface input to iCON MCU (check)

However: 'make own mapping with Platform M+ configuration software and action shortcuts in Reaper' (no success)

Question: How can I direct these 'Mouseweel+ALT or Mouseweel+CTRL' i. e. Command ID 990 or 991 to MIDI Notes ON/OFF (e. g. Chan 1 Note E 7)?
And how does Reaper know, if I'm turning the jog weel left or right?

Thank you in advance for your help.

- Gert
Old 02-06-2019, 05:24 PM   #8
TobyAM

The iMap software for Platform M+ lets you assign your own maps to the user-configuration slot on the Platform M+. Mine is currently set so that when the vertical zoom is selected, jog left sends C7 and right sends C7#. You should be able to just move the jog wheel to get Reaper to learn a new shortcut for the action in the actions window.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:19 PM   #9
Gert Hill

Default MIDI CC not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyAM View Post
The iMap software for Platform M+ lets you assign your own maps to the user-configuration slot on the Platform M+. Mine is currently set so that when the vertical zoom is selected, jog left sends C7 and right sends C7#. You should be able to just move the jog wheel to get Reaper to learn a new shortcut for the action in the actions window.
Dear Toby,
My M+ also shows C(7), C#(7) for vertical button pressed plus jog wheel movement, D(7) and D#(7) for same as above, but horizontal. The data is being sent out via USB-MIDI after knobs were pressed. However, though I can define custom actions, I only can hit keys on the computer keyboard. The M+ data is ignored. Added to which the MIDI CC input is greyed out. How can I activate this function?
Regards, Gert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Custom_Actions_Reaper.jpg (51.3 KB, 295 views)
Old 02-11-2019, 01:49 PM   #10
TobyAM

It doesn't seem to matter if that box is greyed out; not sure why it's so. If you have the Platform enabled for control messages, under your midi hardware configuration settings, should be ready to learn messages.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:54 PM   #11
Gert Hill

Default Solved

http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html

Download DrivenByMoss4Reaper for Windows:
DrivenByMoss4Reaper-10.0-Windows.zip

Last edited by Gert Hill; 06-28-2020 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Update
Old 07-21-2020, 12:14 PM   #12
funkydrum

Default does Moss4Reaper solve the zoom button issue?

Hello Gert,

I'm still stuck at the point you mentioned in 2019:

Quote:
Dear Toby,
My M+ also shows C(7), C#(7) for vertical button pressed plus jog wheel movement, D(7) and D#(7) for same as above, but horizontal. The data is being sent out via USB-MIDI after knobs were pressed. However, though I can define custom actions, I only can hit keys on the computer keyboard. The M+ data is ignored. Added to which the MIDI CC input is greyed out. How can I activate this function?
Regards, Gert
Could you please confirm that using DrivenByMoss4Reaper solved that zoom button issue with the iCon Platform M+ and REAPER?

I couldn't get it working so far.

Thanks in advance, kind regards

Funkydrum
funkydrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 02:20 PM   #13
Gert Hill

Default Does Moss4Reaper solve the zoom button issue?

Hey Funkydrum,

I tried DrivenByMoss4Reaper, the zoom functions work fine, but I had other issues, i.e. Reaper crashes and some other malfunctions, i.e. 'Select' track selects only one track only at a time (toggle).
I'm now using that 'normal' driver (Mackie Control). I added 'A' for zoom all, 'T' zoom selected, 'I' for zoom in, 'O' for zoom out.

Cheers, Gert
Old 07-21-2020, 02:20 PM   #14
Gert Hill

Default Does Moss4Reaper solve the zoom button issue?

I also wrote to Moss, no answer yet.
Old 07-21-2020, 09:31 PM   #15
funkydrum

Default got DrivenByMoss 4REAPER working, too

Hello Gert,
thanks for your quick reply! I got DrivenByMoss 4REAPER working, too, in a fresh early morning attempt. This time I simply ignored the error message:

"C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\reaper-fxfolders.ini not present, skipped loading."

but used "add" button to add a "Mackie MCU - Control Universal" device, choose iCon Platform M+ and finally switched zoom on and use vertical zoom to change tracks off.

Zoom is working fine, now. Guess I got a fat grin on my face and will start into a happy day. Thank you so much for this tip!

Hm, indeed, selcting several tracks or toggle selection of tracks doesn't work. Well, I'll give it a try for a couple of days and report.

May I ask how you managed to assign the REAPER commands (like an "A" keystroke for zoom out on all) to a button on the iCon controller using the normal Mackie Control driver ?

As I wrote yesterday, I seem to be stuck today exactly where you were stuck last year. I can't assign Reaper commands to buttons on the controller nor assign controller commands (midi notes or midi commands) to Reaper actions. They seem not to be detected. Any hint, how you solved that one?

Thanks a lot yor your help

cheers Funkydrum
Old 07-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #16
Gert Hill

Default Didn't get DrivenByMoss 4REAPER working :-(

Hey Funkydrum,

I didn't get DrivenByMoss 4REAPER working :-( as to Reaper crashes and these 'Select' buttons do not act as in 'normal' mode.

Actions > Show action list > Filter 'View: ', scroll down to 'View: Zoom in horizontal', press 'Add', then choose a button on your keyboard, e. g. 'I' > OK.

Unfortunately, buttons from the icon M+ are not recognized.

I got it working some weeks ago, late nite, but I can't remember how. I only remeber that I deinstalled my Tascam US 4x4. Then, buttons from the icon M+ were seen as e. g. 'MIDI Chan 1 Note 99'.

Seems to be a data collision.

I decided to use the 'Mackie Control Universal' together with my shortcuts.

Let me know if there's something new.

Cheers From Lübeck, Gert
Old 07-22-2020, 10:10 PM   #17
funkydrum

Default made a bug report to Moss - let's see

Good morning Gert,

OK, you did assign keyboard strokes to actions, not iCon controller buttons.

I am still hoping to get something going using the crappy platform m+ software. I'll try again on the weekend, but if unsuccessful, I'll follow your example, I guess. As the iCon Platform M+ is one of the few controllers working with my QSC touchmix and rather small in size, I will live with either zoom button or select button limitation.

An article in german computer magazine c't some month ago gave me the idea to buy a programmable keyboard (originally designed for cash-out computers in supermarkets or small shops) on EBAY or so and to use one of these in combination with the iCon controller. You can label buttons easily, so it's easier to remember. So many ideas, but so little time...
In Moss' thread I read that REAPER crashes are only indirectly related to the Moss driver. I had no crashes so far at all, mainly the select button issue and reported this one and the other minor ones in the thread. If I get feedback, I'll let you know here.

Cheers to beautiful Lübeck from Bremen, have a nice day

Funkydrum
Old 05-11-2021, 07:30 PM   #18
Steppy

Default Platform M+ zoom problem

Heya, in case someone's looking for this troubleshoot still, solving the zoom problem is actually really simple. Just add the Platform M+ as a MIDI device as well (enable input and input for control messages but NOT output, otherwise it starts clashing with MCU) and then assign the actions for vertical/horizontal zoom in/out (press the zoom button and turn the knob) within Reaper. You don't even need any of the SWS extensions, CSI or ReaLearn for this.

Works on mac but there can't be a single reason why it shouldn't do the trick on windows as well...
Steppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 11:51 PM   #19
funkydrum

Default could you explain this in detail please?

Hello Steppy,

yes I am, but I still struggle:

In Reaper preferences, MIDI devices, I have my Platform m+ enabled for inputs MIDI and MIDI Control, outputs only MIDI.

In Control/OSC/web I select "Mackie Control Universal" and "Platform M+ V12.2" for both input and output plus the "ignore fader input..." option.

My platform m+ works, but I still can't assign e.g. "mixer" button to a command in Reaper. If I try and have Keyborad/MIDI/Osc input window open, "MIDI CC" is still greyed out and the "M" button stroke is not recocknized.

What am I missing?

cheers Funkydrum

I use REAPER under WIN10 pro 64bit