Old 12-07-2020, 04:47 PM   #41
TonE
Human being with feelings

Thanks for sharing, looks cool. It would be cool if there would be a variant which can show embedded fx in tcp, horizontally stacked, not vertically as it is now. I mean if I zoom to a single track hight, and having 3 embedded fx, those are using only the tiny space on the right, left is huge gray unused space, if the embedded jsfx could fill the entire horizontal space, next above, next above and so on. Not sure if possible. This would be my improvment suggestion. Maybe there is already such a variant built in?
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 04:01 AM   #42
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Thanks for sharing, looks cool. It would be cool if there would be a variant which can show embedded fx in tcp, horizontally stacked, not vertically as it is now. I mean if I zoom to a single track hight, and having 3 embedded fx, those are using only the tiny space on the right, left is huge gray unused space, if the embedded jsfx could fill the entire horizontal space, next above, next above and so on. Not sure if possible. This would be my improvment suggestion. Maybe there is already such a variant built in?
I'm not quite sure I understood you correctly, but it isn't possible atm to separate the embedded UI placement from the FX list. It will always show to the right of it and we don't have any control over it (which isn't a good solution imo).

It is possible though to change the location of the whole fx list at a certain track height. I just quickly hacked this together, but it would look something like this:

Old 12-08-2020, 02:37 PM   #43
Funkybot

Hi FTC, I'm using Dual Pan here and notice that the Pan Right fader is at the top and Pan Left is at the bottom. I think it makes sense for faders that Pan and PanLeft would go up top, with PanWidth and PanRight at the bottom. Not sure if that's an involved change since the knobs otherwise make a bit more sense in the dual layout with Width/Right off the to the side and higher.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #44
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Hi FTC, I'm using Dual Pan here and notice that the Pan Right fader is at the top and Pan Left is at the bottom. I think it makes sense for faders that Pan and PanLeft would go up top, with PanWidth and PanRight at the bottom. Not sure if that's an involved change since the knobs otherwise make a bit more sense in the dual layout with Width/Right off the to the side and higher.
Hmm, I usually stick to the default pan. Is this for dual pan only, or stereo pan as well?

I guess the big version would then have to look like this for consistency
Old 12-08-2020, 03:10 PM   #45
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedTheCat View Post
Hmm, I usually stick to the default pan. Is this for dual pan only, or stereo pan as well?

I guess the big version would then have to look like this for consistency
Also occurs with Stereo Pan. PanWidth is on top. The big version being flipped still makes sense to me visually.
Old 12-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #46
TonE

Quote:
I'm not quite sure I understood you correctly, but it isn't possible atm to separate the embedded UI placement from the FX list. It will always show to the right of it and we don't have any control over it (which isn't a good solution imo).

It is possible though to change the location of the whole fx list at a certain track height. I just quickly hacked this together, but it would look something like this:

Looks interesting, thanks for checking out. Probably if you add a third fx, as in my case, it would stack vertically, like originally on the right, but now using the wider spaces, which would be what I asked for in the beginning.

In my case for now I have typically those jsfx as default for new tracks:
- piano display (midi analysis)
- oscilloscope (audio analysis or better overview, nice to see, even without any track names you would quickly see where the bass is for example)
- vu meter (audio analysis)

I guess, as above jsfx are very general, anyone could benefit from those. I made a colored version of piano display, posted in its thread, this is what I am using currently for midi. Can be useful especially, after further midi processing jsfx, seeing immediately its effect on the output, like anti-flam or some arpeggiator, beat repeater or so.

If those fx would only be shown in tiny form, the coolness of your theme would lose a bit of its value, because I get nice colors, but losing what I also want to use for analysis for example, especially when zoom to a single item and its track height.

For multiple track view, not sure if Reaper allows this, something like:
if track height is bigger than x: display fx 1 and 2 and 3
if track height is less than y: display fx 1 and 2 (removing 3)
if track height is less than z: display fx 1 only (removing rest)

Some kind of hierarchy of importance which jsfx should be displayed embedded in tcp, depending on current track height. This would finish up the whole idea nicely, I guess. Select your fx, select your hierarchy, there you go, have fun. Well we can have fun already now, always only coming up with new excuses, right?
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 07:03 PM   #47
todoublez

hi FeedTheCat

Though I know we could change the track label Font size on TCP via theme tweaker (at "WALTER font 3")
but it would be nice if we can change it by the theme adjuster too.

btw, is it possible to have fx & sends shows in different rows ?
and... it would be great if we can make the track a bit more brighter when track is selected.

nice mod love it!
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 04:28 AM   #48
FeedTheCat

@TonE

Afaik we don't have any control over the FX shown. It's not even possible to tell if embedded fx are shown at all or not. We can merely define an area for tcpfxlist(which includes embedded fx) and reaper does its thing.

@todoublez

Thx for the feedback.

Are you on windows? I was having some trouble with the consistency of fonts across OSs. Makes sense though to add an option to the theme adjuster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post
btw, is it possible to have fx & sends shows in different rows ?
and... it would be great if we can make the track a bit more brighter when track is selected.
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible (yet). The TCPFX list is still in early stages and we barely have any control over it. The only thing I managed to tweak is to prevent it from breaking up into rows of 3, so they line up better when stacked up.

I'll check how much brighter I can get it. I'm horrible at getting contrast right
Old 12-09-2020, 07:27 AM   #49
mikostep

Quote:
@TonE

Afaik we don't have any control over the FX shown. It's not even possible to tell if embedded fx are shown at all or not. We can merely define an area for tcpfxlist(which includes embedded fx) and reaper does its thing.

@todoublez

Thx for the feedback.

Are you on windows? I was having some trouble with the consistency of fonts across OSs. Makes sense though to add an option to the theme adjuster.

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible (yet). The TCPFX list is still in early stages and we barely have any control over it. The only thing I managed to tweak is to prevent it from breaking up into rows of 3, so they line up better when stacked up.

I'll check how much brighter I can get it. I'm horrible at getting contrast right
Yes, it is. Use TCP.sendlist for separate sendlist in the tcp.
In this case you want to disable ``Show sends in tcp`` so they don`t appear bothin insert and send list.
mikostep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 08:25 AM   #50
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikostep View Post
Yes, it is. Use TCP.sendlist for separate sendlist in the tcp.
In this case you want to disable ``Show sends in tcp`` so they don`t appear bothin insert and send list.
Wow! That's really cool! I'll play with it over the weekend and see what I can do with it. Now I'm wondering what else I don't know... Maybe it is possible to influence the embedded fx somehow?
Old 12-09-2020, 09:04 AM   #51
todoublez

Quote:
Are you on windows? I was having some trouble with the consistency of fonts across OSs.
I'm on MacOS
Old 12-09-2020, 10:38 AM   #52
Funkybot

Quote:
In case this might give you ideas to help with contrast...

I found the theme a little too dark in some areas and low contrast in others and made some adjustments mashing up elements of this with elements from iLogic 3.8 (mainly their toolbars/scrollbar - along with a bunch of custom icons) and similar color choices for Window backgrounds.

I hope you don't mind the look into what I'd personally change. Hopefully it can provide some useful feedback.

Some tweaks include:

- Dark Window List Backgrounds with Light Text (selected row active is light blue with black text, inactive rows are dark gray highlights with black text)

- Lighter color for TCP/MCP labels (215 215 215), and just generally all around. Still want to increase the font size of the TCP ID's, but will wait if you add that to the Theme Adjuster.

- Slightly brighter text on insert slots

- Changed the Selected Item BG .png to be 50% oppacity on the black. Having a dark background with black media items or black MIDI notes just didn't work for me personally.

- You can see it here but I similarly changed the MIDI Note Colormap to not use black for selected notes. I also changed the MIDI Note colors on the PRV to white (215 215 215) for the white keys, a near black for the dark keys, with the dark keys highlighting as a lighter shade of gray.

...anyway, just some personal tweaks to improve contrast. I still want to change the Rec Arm Text color in RTConfig because pink/red on gray is tough to read.

Last bit of feedback: I don't love how the theme drastically mutes Track Colors. Like, if I'm setting up an autocolor profile, what I see in Autocolor looks nothing like that when the color is actually applied. I think there's probably some semi-opaque overlays darkening everything. This makes it really difficult to find nice colors because the theme kind of overrides the color choices you made and forces you into darker colors. I'll probably go looking at item_BG's some more to find the cause.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:07 AM   #53
FeedTheCat

Looking good! I'll look at your changes in more detail over the weekend. Thx for the detailed feedback!!
Old 12-09-2020, 11:26 AM   #54
vsthem

Any possibility of keeping the volume knob (rather than slider) when the track is enlarged?

Also, any plans to make TCP elements adjustable in the Theme Adjuster, or should I plan on using the rtconfig file?

Also, do you have a donation link? I use your MIDI Zoom script all the time, and this is taking over Smooth 6 as my go to theme.

Thanks again!
vsthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:58 AM   #55
Jed9999

Hi there mate! Thanks for the help the last few days!
This theme is working out pretty well, can i make some suggestions?
Is it possible to make some layouts for the mixer track? Like a narrow strip and knobs instead of sliders for example, it would be awesome to have these options for multiple screensets. And also, is it possible to have a scalable mixer slider??

Thanks again mate, you're awesome!!!
Old 12-09-2020, 07:21 PM   #56
Swi

Default Very nice! I love this one but I need a much longer track name area

Thank you for this one! It's quite nice.

Is there a way (hack in the rtconfig.txt file maybe?) I can make room for ridiculously long track names?

Some orchestral libraries require quite long track names.

I want to use this but I know I will get pissed I cant tell tracks apart because I can only read the first 15 or 20 letters in the name.
For example these first 15 or 20 characters may just be the name of the library.

Maybe the record, record monitoring, mute, solo can move to the right and stretch out the name part instead of the middle getting longer?

Last edited by Swi; 12-09-2020 at 07:26 PM.
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:44 PM   #57
todoublez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swi View Post

Is there a way (hack in the rtconfig.txt file maybe?) I can make room for ridiculously long track names?

Some orchestral libraries require quite long track names.

I want to use this but I know I will get pissed I cant tell tracks apart because I can only read the first 15 or 20 letters in the name.
For example these first 15 or 20 characters may just be the name of the library.

Maybe the record, record monitoring, mute, solo can move to the right and stretch out the name part instead of the middle getting longer?
u can adjust the track's label size by using the theme adjuster to get a label size you're comfortable with.
Old 12-10-2020, 02:47 AM   #58
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsthem View Post
Any possibility of keeping the volume knob (rather than slider) when the track is enlarged?

Also, any plans to make TCP elements adjustable in the Theme Adjuster, or should I plan on using the rtconfig file?

Also, do you have a donation link? I use your MIDI Zoom script all the time, and this is taking over Smooth 6 as my go to theme.

Thanks again!
No plans to have a knob for now as that would take some serious rearranging (or empty unused space), maybe in some future alternative layout. What would you like to be adjustable though? I'm open to ideas I usually post a donation link along with my scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed9999 View Post
Hi there mate! Thanks for the help the last few days!
This theme is working out pretty well, can i make some suggestions?
Is it possible to make some layouts for the mixer track? Like a narrow strip and knobs instead of sliders for example, it would be awesome to have these options for multiple screensets. And also, is it possible to have a scalable mixer slider??

Thanks again mate, you're awesome!!!
Hi Jed, would be awesome to have, but I probably won't be making new layouts anytime soon, I first want to get the main layouts (and lots of other stuff) right. Making the mixer slider&meter scalable will be hard, as it is the fixed size that allows for the details on the side (the scale numbers etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swi View Post

As todoublez mentioned, you can increase the tcp label size in the theme adjuster. It currently goes up to 30, but I could increase that if you want, as it's probably not ridiculously long enough
Old 12-10-2020, 09:27 AM   #59
Jed9999

Quote:
Hi Jed, would be awesome to have, but I probably won't be making new layouts anytime soon, I first want to get the main layouts (and lots of other stuff) right. Making the mixer slider&meter scalable will be hard, as it is the fixed size that allows for the details on the side (the scale numbers etc.)
No worries, thanks for the reply. It's hard to keep all those things working properly, let alone adding new stuff.
And thanks again for the great work.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:29 PM   #60
Swi

Default Theme adjuster Label size

I wish this value went up to 150

I just figured this out in the rtconfig file.

This may be my new theme!!!!
Thank you!

Last edited by Swi; 12-10-2020 at 01:36 PM.
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 02:13 PM   #61
nait

Great looking theme! I'm using this one now.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:47 PM   #62
vsthem

Donated!

Having the ability to hide TCP elements, depending on record enabled, selected, etc. like the 6.0 theme adjuster would be a "nice to have". I've got it setup to where it's working really well for me now!

Just for context, here's what my basic setup looks like

https://imgur.com/Tk8rgRH

barebones TCP, fxlist for access to VIs and Verb sends. Track Inspector for other things not visible on the TCP (things I don't use as much as rec/mute/solo volume pan)

Midi Editor (triggered by your script) lives on a small touchscreen in front of my mouse and keyboard. I toggle between that and the mixer on that screen.

Thanks again!
Old 12-11-2020, 07:22 AM   #63
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Donated!

Having the ability to hide TCP elements, depending on record enabled, selected, etc. like the 6.0 theme adjuster would be a "nice to have". I've got it setup to where it's working really well for me now!

Just for context, here's what my basic setup looks like

https://imgur.com/Tk8rgRH

barebones TCP, fxlist for access to VIs and Verb sends. Track Inspector for other things not visible on the TCP (things I don't use as much as rec/mute/solo volume pan)

Midi Editor (triggered by your script) lives on a small touchscreen in front of my mouse and keyboard. I toggle between that and the mixer on that screen.

Thanks again!
Wow thx mate! Your setup looks great, really dig the widescreen! Have you messed around with the contrast? I'm currently trying to improve the contrast/brightness as I still feel like some elements are too dark.

I see you're using doppelganger's script instead of the tcp fxlist. Mind sharing what you you prefer about it?

Hiding elements in a table etc like the default v6 does it won't be possible with this theme (as it's not based on v6 walter code). We can add more layouts though and more modes like mix mode (I'll probably remove mixmode and make it default).
Old 12-11-2020, 07:44 AM   #64
kaylec

Really liking this theme - great job. Is there a way to make the track titles larger? I tried using the options panel and also the Theme Adjuster action, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. My older eyes would like to see the track names much larger.

Cheers
kc
kaylec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 07:56 AM   #65
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylec View Post
Really liking this theme - great job. Is there a way to make the track titles larger? I tried using the options panel and also the Theme Adjuster action, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. My older eyes would like to see the track names much larger.

Cheers
kc
If you open the Theme Adjuster there are "Walter Fonts." Taking a quick look at the RTConfig, I believe it's Walter Font 3 for the Track Name and Walter Font 4 for the Track Number.
Old 12-11-2020, 07:58 AM   #66
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylec View Post

Cheers
kc
For now you have to do it in the Theme development/tweaker window. Increase WALTER font 2 and 3 to your liking. There's going to be a theme adjuster option in the next version.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:00 AM   #67
kaylec

Awesome. Thanks. I tried to adjust to adjust the Track Title Font without luck. I figured it was the Walter font, but didn't know which ones. Thanks. =
kaylec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 10:28 AM   #68
vsthem

Quote:
Wow thx mate! Your setup looks great, really dig the widescreen! Have you messed around with the contrast? I'm currently trying to improve the contrast/brightness as I still feel like some elements are too dark.

I see you're using doppelganger's script instead of the tcp fxlist. Mind sharing what you you prefer about it?

Hiding elements in a table etc like the default v6 does it won't be possible with this theme (as it's not based on v6 walter code). We can add more layouts though and more modes like mix mode (I'll probably remove mixmode and make it default).
I'm using the script so that I can access VIs and reverb sends with all the tracks in their minimized positions. With my super widescreen monitor (which I love), I'm trying to take advantage of horizontal space whenever possible, so that more tracks can be in view. (One of the reasons I switched from Smooth 6 was the smaller TCP channels).

Would their be any way to see FX in a minimized state with Reaper's built in TCP FX? It looks like you need to expand tracks vertically in order to see them.
Old 12-11-2020, 10:57 AM   #69
vsthem

OMG, I didn't even know that was possible. Thanks! It looks so much cleaner now, and much easier to find my inserts and sends.

https://imgur.com/a/x0yOqaV

I'd love to set it up to where in a minimized state, inserts and sends are visible. But then, when I expand the track vertically, parameters become visible. Is this possible? Currently, it places the parameters directly after the effected plugin, which is not practical for when the track is minimized. Is there any way to make a separate column for parameters so they don't clutter up the minimized tcp?

Thanks again!!!
Old 12-11-2020, 11:02 AM   #70
FeedTheCat

Quote:
I'm using the script so that I can access VIs and reverb sends with all the tracks in their minimized positions. With my super widescreen monitor (which I love), I'm trying to take advantage of horizontal space whenever possible, so that more tracks can be in view. (One of the reasons I switched from Smooth 6 was the smaller TCP channels).

Would their be any way to see FX in a minimized state with Reaper's built in TCP FX? It looks like you need to expand tracks vertically in order to see them.
Hmm, this is how it looks here. It has some minor issues, but it's definitely usable. (Make sure you have the option "Show Fx inserts in tcp" and "Show sends in TCP" enabled")

If you use Fx list position 0, you can also try out changing the list expansion limit. You can make the fx larger horizontally, which might suit you if you have tracks minimized most of the time.

Old 12-11-2020, 11:05 AM   #71
Funkybot

Quote:
Have you messed around with the contrast?.
I was at a work meeting yesterday where someone shared this site:

https://accessible-colors.com/

It's meant for making sure text is legible but you can probably use it for testing contrast on any number of things. You enter your colors, text size, and it provides the contrast ratio with a recommendation of 4.5 or higher.
Old 12-11-2020, 11:20 AM   #72
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I was at a work meeting yesterday where someone shared this site:

https://accessible-colors.com/

It's meant for making sure text is legible but you can probably use it for testing contrast on any number of things. You enter your colors, text size, and it provides the contrast ratio with a recommendation of 4.5 or higher.
Cool, I'll check it out. The next version is either gonna be a lot better in contrast, or a complete disaster..

Quote:
OMG, I didn't even know that was possible. Thanks! It looks so much cleaner now, and much easier to find my inserts and sends.

https://imgur.com/a/x0yOqaV

I'd love to set it up to where in a minimized state, inserts and sends are visible. But then, when I expand the track vertically, parameters become visible. Is this possible? Currently, it places the parameters directly after the effected plugin, which is not practical for when the track is minimized. Is there any way to make a separate column for parameters so they don't clutter up the minimized tcp?

Thanks again!!!
Don't think we have control over that, but I was wrong before so who knows.. I was about to say that this would be really easy to do with a defer script that checks your track height and hides fx parameters, but I can't find an option to show/hide fx parameters in TCP at all.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:40 PM   #73
mikostep

Quote:
Cool, I'll check it out. The next version is either gonna be a lot better in contrast, or a complete disaster..

Don't think we have control over that, but I was wrong before so who knows.. I was about to say that this would be really easy to do with a defer script that checks your track height and hides fx parameters, but I can't find an option to show/hide fx parameters in TCP at all.

I think we can make it work, it`s not perfect, but still it is very usable. Here are some options
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ProTools.jpg (27.6 KB, 189 views)
Old 12-11-2020, 06:28 PM   #74
todoublez

Quote:
I think we can make it work, it`s not perfect, but still it is very usable. Here are some options

Hi, is it ProTools theme ?
where can I get it ?
or maybe ur personal modd?

Last edited by todoublez; 12-11-2020 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:40 PM   #75
daniellumertz

Hi FTC, I was wondering what you was up to. Very Good Looking Theme Will try soon, ( first time I try an theme from someone else hahaha)

Edit: just saw the post time, this was from march, oh god.

Last edited by daniellumertz; 12-11-2020 at 08:46 PM.
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 12:08 AM   #76
mikostep

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post

Hi, is it ProTools theme ?
where can I get it ?
or maybe ur personal modd?
Yes, it's a ProTools 2020 theme (it's on stash) but I modified it heavily. I'm still working on it and when it'sready it will be on stash.
But, I don't want to derail the thread, especially since I really like the OPs theme.
But
Old 12-12-2020, 01:06 AM   #77
todoublez

Quote:
Yes, it's a ProTools 2020 theme (it's on stash) but I modified it heavily. I'm still working on it and when it'sready it will be on stash.
But, I don't want to derail the thread, especially since I really like the OPs theme.
But
Understood ! lookin forward to that also.
yes, lets keep focusing on Realogix Theme

sry for being off the topic.
Old 12-12-2020, 11:00 AM   #78
FeedTheCat

Quote:
But
Cool! No worries, looking forward to see how you'll use the fxlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellumertz View Post
Hi FTC, I was wondering what you was up to. Very Good Looking Theme Will try soon, ( first time I try an theme from someone else hahaha)

Edit: just saw the post time, this was from march, oh god.
It ain't from march, just the american date format messing with you :P
Old 12-12-2020, 04:13 PM   #79
daniellumertz

ahhhh yeah, true. used to dd/mm/yyyy hahahaha used yesterday great job :O already 1k downloads!
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 02:30 AM   #80
Final Field

Default Nice Theme

Nice theme though I don't specially like logic themes but wyou made a feature really cool I can see the "tempo window" loud and clear :-),other theme makers often use small fonts,so when you work on prog rock with a lot of tempo change its hard to follow (got a bad vue) so thanks a lot I'll use it today!

the only thing I miss is the possibility to make the tracks completly colored not only the bottom I mean, so is there a way for me to change this ? or do you have to add a feature?

anyway big thanks...
Final Field is offline   Reply With Quote