Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 01-14-2011, 02:47 AM   #201
pixeltarian
Human being with feelings

i get random but constant crashes with my two favorite compressors:

cytomic - "the glue"
PSP - old timer

usually doing something with them causes reaper to crash (adjusting settings or removing)
pixeltarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #202
cockOHS

all my waves AU's suddenly don't work no more )-: all of my other AU plugs work like: SPL, Lexicon, etc.
cockOHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:04 AM   #203
shango

Default Overloud TH 2.1

Overloud TH 2.1

Repaer 3.75 Quits unexpectedly on attempt to write a preset to th2 internal bank.

issue is intermittent, sometimes it works.

No issues in other hosts (Logic, Studio One).

Crashlog available on request.

Mac OS 10.6.6
shango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #204
nerokerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockOHS View Post
all my waves AU's suddenly don't work no more )-: all of my other AU plugs work like: SPL, Lexicon, etc.
My Waves AU's also stopped working, but if I do a Scan for New Plugins, it finds them... but I have to do this every time I start Reaper, and before opening a session that uses them. It works in the end, but a bit of a pain. The Waves as VST's load without my having to scan, but they're incredibly laggy.

Using OSX 10.6.6, Reaper 64bit.
nerokerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #205
Coil

i can`t use east west play in the audio unit version, because the GUI don`t open here on a mac pro + osx 10.6.5.

the vst version seams to work fine.

Edit: same with the new version 2.1.2 of play

Last edited by Coil; 02-12-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Coil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #206
gtomassetti

IK Total Workstation 2 doesn't seem to work. In VSTi, any of the 5 components (Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleMoog, SampleTank, SampleTron, and SonikSynth) consistently crashes REAPER upon closing the application, and removing the FX or track immediately causes a crash as well. In AU, I don't see the proper GUI, though I can remove the instrument without a crash.
17" MBP & 8-core Mac Pro 10.10.5 — REAPER 5+ (32 & 64-bit), PT 12.6 HDN — Studio One 3 Pro — Precision 8, MOTU 8pre, MH ULN-2 & LIO-8, Avid OMNI — Way too many plugins — Sound Forge Pro — WaveLab — Finale

Last edited by gtomassetti; 02-16-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: More info.
gtomassetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #207
gtomassetti

PS: Interestingly, IK's T-Racks 3 DOES work, so it appears that it's just the IK Multimedia VIs that trip REAPER up. Pity, because I really like their orchestral stuff.

Fortunately, Komplete 7 has a big and useful sample library, and all of their stuff seems to work, including Guitar Rig 4.
17" MBP & 8-core Mac Pro 10.10.5 — REAPER 5+ (32 & 64-bit), PT 12.6 HDN — Studio One 3 Pro — Precision 8, MOTU 8pre, MH ULN-2 & LIO-8, Avid OMNI — Way too many plugins — Sound Forge Pro — WaveLab — Finale
gtomassetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:55 AM   #208
phila

Default tal elek7ro

tal elek7ro:
does not work with ReaComp when trying to sidechain compress with the kick.
Sidechain compression does not work at all (but works with other synths), and the synth sounds glitchy.

Macbook 5.2
OSX 10.6 (snow leopard)
latest Reaper version (3.75?)

Sorry if already posted by someone else
phila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #209
bfsound

Any word on getting nebula to work? I have 3 free installed along with aquavox on my ppc g5 10.5.8 in /library>audio>plugins>vst and they wont show in reaper alpha .35 i think. i have re scanned and blah blah and cannot get they to show up in reaper along with psp vintage meter still and inspector!
bfsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #210
bennals

From memory Nebula is intel only...and even if it did work via bridging I suspect it would eat a PPC's cpu in a heartbeat.

Bill.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #211
bfsound

Well that would explain nebula... but RND inspector and psp vintage meter both show and work in cubase LE4 but not reaper...
bfsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:31 AM   #212
BlomgrenMedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerokerr View Post
My Waves AU's also stopped working, but if I do a Scan for New Plugins, it finds them... but I have to do this every time I start Reaper, and before opening a session that uses them. It works in the end, but a bit of a pain. The Waves as VST's load without my having to scan, but they're incredibly laggy.

Using OSX 10.6.6, Reaper 64bit.
Same problem here, but some of the Waves (8.0) AUs crashes. For example the Q8 works but the Q3 crashes. RComp i mono gives phase issues between left & right, but inserting a RComp stereo on a mono track works better. The VSTs don't crash but the GUI is unusuable lagging.

Same problems in both 32bit and 64bit Reaper.
BlomgrenMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:11 PM   #213
woodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayendra View Post
Image-line deckadance works in the PC version of Reaper but when You your VST plugs in Reaper it crashes and exits.

Also.... Dimension Pro by cakewalk does this

EDIT* After 'window float selected fx' and then closing that window, the original fx window has now restored the whole picture of dimension.

I docked the plugin and its doing the same as others have posted - Even when I change tabs, dimension stays on top of everything else that is docked i.e. the mixer.
yep...I can confirm this happens for both Dimension Pro and Rapture - latest versions.

Another quick fix for this is to click the "UI" button twice and the full picture is then restored.

So obviously whatever coding the UI button does in between helps to restore the full images of both plugins. Who knows...maybe doing this will also fix issues that others are having with their plugins.
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #214
eric90000

any update on the Digital Fishphones plugs, block, spit and floorfish.

still cant get em to work
eric90000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:03 AM   #215
jacques mk2

Default Reaper crashes everytime i'm trying to load older projects (win xp/7)

I've finally switched !
Main reason was Reaper being available for OSX...
By the way Reaper Crashes everytime I'm trying to open my old RPP's (made under Win xp/7)
I'd like to recover this data in order to continue my previous works...even if i had to change some Vst's...
Is Reaper unable to "forget" those uncompatible plugins ? So it crashes ?
Is there any special thread where we could post our crash reports ?
Old 06-27-2011, 05:11 PM   #216
ChristopherRivard

Default Peavey ReValver Plugin

Hey I see that this might help with my problem. I have Reaper and am using a TASCAM unit to record with. I also bought the Peavey ReValver program and can`t seemt to get Reaper to show it under my "VST" section. Why can't I use my program?!? >
ChristopherRivard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:14 AM   #217
invasion21

Trying to find Yamaha Bundle working on OSX (Vocal Rack, Final Master etc.), but still unsuccesful If anyone can help with working version? Wanna try first...
invasion21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #218
overcoat

don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but novation V-station has some issues. it'll completely crash the daw. i use this frequently.
overcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #219
dandriko

Default Grm tools

GRM Tools 2.0 vst do not work with R4
dandriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:12 AM   #220
Jay Fuji

Quote:
Originally Posted by overcoat View Post
don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but novation V-station has some issues. it'll completely crash the daw. i use this frequently.
same here. i can't get the GUI to show up as a VST at all, and when i can get the AU to show up, it crashes any time i change a parameter. i had updated to reaper 4, but went back to 3.77 to try to get my favorite synth plugin back, but it is acting weird there too.
Jay Fuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #221
foreward

I seem to be having a lot of trouble with Numerology 3.02 integrated with Reaper 4.01. Numerology AU seems randomly crashy, and crashes consistently when used as an Item FX; the plugin loads fine, but when I try to call the UI up after initially closing, the UI does not display properly - sequencers are missing and the Alt MIDI Output popup is not present.

I simply cannot get Numerology ReWire to run on more than one track, and I get the "Effect Configuration is Preserved" error whenever I try. I am thinking this is a new problem or is specific to my environment, since people aren't discussing it over at Five12 ... at least not that I've read.

In general, I cannot seem to get AU plugins to send MIDI back to the host. Not sure if this is a known incompatibility or not. VST sends and receives just fine.
foreward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #222
mrelwood

A funny crash with Leslie by mda. If the plugin is visible AND has an envelope lane visible, Reaper crashes when I try to close the plugin window.

Reported in the tracker:
http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=3625
Old 09-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #223
maccompatible

Default Reaper 4.0 and AU Plugins (Lion)

I'm trying to use the AU compressor and reverb effects, however, the gui is not showing up in my fx window? Why would this be? Has anyone else had this problem?
maccompatible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:31 AM   #224
HectorC

Alphakanal Automat doesn't work on Reaper 4.10 on Mac OSX Lion. It used to work on Snow Leopard. Reaper crashes when this AUi is loaded. Works fine in Logic.

Last edited by HectorC; 10-11-2011 at 08:44 PM.
HectorC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:24 AM   #225
bendermasteringstudio

Default Softube

Most of Softube plug-ins in AU work in Reaper but they are not stable. Mostly when trying to insert one of these while playing...

The VST versions work just fine.

(I'm in Mac OS X Lion)
Old 11-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #226
eprochon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlomgrenMedia View Post
Same problem here, but some of the Waves (8.0) AUs crashes. For example the Q8 works but the Q3 crashes. RComp i mono gives phase issues between left & right, but inserting a RComp stereo on a mono track works better. The VSTs don't crash but the GUI is unusuable lagging.

Same problems in both 32bit and 64bit Reaper.
Hello,

I too have been experiencing left/right problems with mono AU instances of Waves plugins. If I insert a mono Waves AU plugin the output only affects one side and not the other. The Waves VST mono plugins work fine. As far as I'm aware, all non-waves mono AU plugins work fine.

Cheers,
Eddie
eprochon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #227
Morpion

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreward View Post
I seem to be having a lot of trouble with Numerology 3.02 integrated with Reaper 4.01. Numerology AU seems randomly crashy, and crashes consistently when used as an Item FX; the plugin loads fine, but when I try to call the UI up after initially closing, the UI does not display properly - sequencers are missing and the Alt MIDI Output popup is not present.

I simply cannot get Numerology ReWire to run on more than one track, and I get the "Effect Configuration is Preserved" error whenever I try. I am thinking this is a new problem or is specific to my environment, since people aren't discussing it over at Five12 ... at least not that I've read.

In general, I cannot seem to get AU plugins to send MIDI back to the host. Not sure if this is a known incompatibility or not. VST sends and receives just fine.
The AU format is unable to send MIDI out when running as an instrument - it isn't a Reaper thing, it's just not possible to code an AUi that can do this using the AU standard. Some AUs create their own virtual MIDI port which allows MIDI to be sent to the host to control other instruments, but I'm not sure (a) if Numerology does this and (b) how/if Reaper can deal with it even if it does, which might explain the crashing.

There are workarounds in other hosts (setting up a MIDI-out capable instrument in Logic is a pain), but since you're using Reaper you're better off just using the VST version as VSTs have the capacity to send MIDI out without all the faff, as you've discovered yourself.

Last edited by Morpion; 11-29-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Morpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #228
Veritas

I don't know if this fits in the "don't work" category but Klanghelm VUMT (it's a simple vu meter and a gain plug-in) eats up so much CPU when it's GUI is open and the meter is working. When the GUI is closed everything turns back to normal. I didn't have this problem on Logic, so i decided to write here. Sorry if this is my bad
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:26 AM   #229
Anti Reaper

Default TRILLIAN IS NOT RENDERED WELL !

I use MacBook Pro.

TRILLIAN By Spactrasonics is correctly updated.

BUT when i get a Rendering of a Track with TRILLIAN i hear a very strange noise like when a Noise Gate is engaged or is running !!!

THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING for a good life of Reaper ....

Please .... Tel me WHY THIS PROBLEM in Reaper 4.13 is NOT fixed again

:-(
Anti Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:17 AM   #230
philait

Wrong Thread and a bit of an attitude but I'll answer and do my best to help anyway!

First of all It's not actually a problem with Reaper, Large sample based instruments can have a real problem with offline high speed rendering as they haven't either finished loading or are streaming from disk and can't keep up with high speed rendering. Kontakt is also known for doing this with faster than real-time bounces.

First try this.
Options > preferences > Plug-ins >VST - Tick inform plug-ins of offline Rendering state

Try a bounce?
Does it work?
Yes Cool all is well.

If not.
Options > preferences > Audio > Rendering - Tick Limit apply FX/Render stems to Realtime.

(Oh and consider changing your screen name or maybe buy another DAW if you are so unhappy !)
philait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #231
NeoY2k

SSL Duende Native

You can add the plugins and use them, but
- The UI loads veeery slowly (nearly 10 secondes).
- You can't close it. If you try, the content disappears, leaving a blank white reaper window.
- Same problem with AU and VST versions.
- Macbook Pro, Mac OS X 10.6.8

Forwarded the problem to SSL too. They checked it and confirmed the problem.
Thanks!

Last edited by NeoY2k; 12-06-2011 at 11:32 AM.
NeoY2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:51 PM   #232
Anti Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by philait View Post
Wrong Thread and a bit of an attitude but I'll answer and do my best to help anyway!

First of all It's not actually a problem with Reaper, Large sample based instruments can have a real problem with offline high speed rendering as they haven't either finished loading or are streaming from disk and can't keep up with high speed rendering. Kontakt is also known for doing this with faster than real-time bounces.

First try this.
Options > preferences > Plug-ins >VST - Tick inform plug-ins of offline Rendering state

Try a bounce?
Does it work?
Yes Cool all is well.

If not.

Options > preferences > Audio > Rendering - Tick Limit apply FX/Render stems to Realtime.

(Oh and consider changing your screen name or maybe buy another DAW if you are so unhappy !)
ALL IS OKAY NOW with the first suggestion !!!
THANK YOU. I really LOVE Reaper also if I have Pro Tools 10, Logic Studio Pro 9, Digital performer and MixBus. REAPER in my OPINION IS THE BEST for many reasons.
SO thank You AGAIN and sorry for my nick name .. it was for to get an answer immediately ;-))
Ciao
Anti Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #233
Goreteks

Ableton is crashing nearly immediately when i use it as a Rewire slave within Reaper. I'm on OSX 10.7.2 iMac i7.

It seems to work fine on my laptop with 10.6.7, so i'm going to partition the HD on my imac and put SL on it to see if that helps.
Goreteks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #234
woeischris

Elysia Mpressor and Alpha Compressor crash the i386 bridge when the are removed from a track. OS X 10.6.8, latest Reaper, total bummer.
woeischris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #235
aviavi

The Audio Units version of Waves C1 gate (mono and stereo) always crashes Reaper on Mac OS X; the VST version is fine. There's probably others that crash Reaper also.
aviavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #236
hobie-one

Default MixControl Pro crashing in Reaper OSX

Just bought the MixControl Pro plugin from TeamDNR, and it's working fine in Logic 9, but hangs and crashes in Reaper for OSX -- if not crashing outright, the window for the plugin stays open even when trying to close it. Reported the problem to Team DNR, and they said it's not anything on their side, that it's a Reaper issue -- hopefully gets fixed, I like the plugin!
hobie-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #237
philait

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie-one View Post
Just bought the MixControl Pro plugin from TeamDNR, and it's working fine in Logic 9, but hangs and crashes in Reaper for OSX -- if not crashing outright, the window for the plugin stays open even when trying to close it. Reported the problem to Team DNR, and they said it's not anything on their side, that it's a Reaper issue -- hopefully gets fixed, I like the plugin!
Yeah I get this too. 64bit isn't effected but 32bit is totally unusable.
If you can't run x64 then running mix control as a dedicated process helps massively (right click on plugin in the browser and select run as > dedicated process)
philait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #238
hobie-one

Default MixControl Pro crashing in Reaper OSX (32-bit)

I'm going to try 64-bit, haven't tried that yet. I have a number of plugins that still only work in 32-bit, but I have enough that work in 64 that I'll weigh the options -- will report back (haven't worried about 64bit because I'm only on a MacBookPro with 4GB RAM...)
hobie-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #239
mrelwood

Apple AUSampler has atleast several graphic related bugs, too many to list. Didn't get it to load an instrument either. AUSampler comes with OSX 10.7 Lion.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #240
Hellfog

Omnisphere and Piano teq Play not showing gui window
Hellfog is offline   Reply With Quote