• + AU: remove non-functional IO button in FX pin connector dialog
  • + FX browser: improve behavior adding to folders when using search
  • + JSFX: improve scrolling smoothness of Oscilloscope
  • + JSFX: increase maximum view length for Oscilloscope to 5s
  • + Meters: improve appearance when using DPI-mapping [t=257953]
  • + Theme: fix display of 200% layouts on retina displays
  • + VU meters: don't show clip indicators for not-soloed tracks [p=2485497]
  • # AU: enable delta solo via right-click on wet/dry knob
  • # MIDI editor: set to custom note view if loading note ordering/visibility with note names [p=2485142]
  • # MIDI note name loading: do not use ordering/visibility information when merging
  • # ReaXcomp: fix issue after resize [p=2485402]
  • # Render: fix saving brickwall limit level with render presets
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
Old 10-04-2021, 03:36 PM   #2
sockmonkey72
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
# AU: enable delta solo via right-click on wet/dry knob
Thank you!

Quote:
+ AU: remove non-functional IO button in FX pin connector dialog
Curious about this -- do AUs not support the options available to VSTs and JSFX plugins?

EDIT: in particular, how would I set the passthrough vs zeroing behavior per unrouted channel for an AU plugin?

Thanks again, great stuff.

Last edited by sockmonkey72; 10-05-2021 at 12:00 AM. Reason: clarification
sockmonkey72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 06:02 PM   #3
maxdembo

Does any of this MIDI Editor note name stuff make it easier to see note names on the piano roll if the names are too long to be seen fully?
maxdembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 07:33 PM   #4
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdembo View Post
Does any of this MIDI Editor note name stuff make it easier to see note names on the piano roll if the names are too long to be seen fully?
You can double right click to edit the names, then save them for later. Or save as a track template. But that's not new.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:45 PM   #5
tonalstates

Default MIDI Reordering & Realimit release

Is there a way to move (reorder) multiple midi notes at once? Like a Shift + Cmd modifier (mac os) to add to the selection then move, for QOL of course. Moving one by one on a realistic drumkit 20+ notes is kind of a hazzle.

If not, can it be added? Thanks!

Also on realimits release "n dB/sec" is kind of weird to me (intermidiate) considering every other plugin is a milisecond time release, this seems like extra steps to wrap my head around and not very obvious (or precise to read) at a first glance.

Is there a why this and not that?
Literally the first time seeing that label on release times o: maybe i'm just dumb on how it could be easily used. if not... reconsider?

Last edited by tonalstates; 10-05-2021 at 08:31 AM.
tonalstates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:32 AM   #6
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
v6.37rc5 - October 4 2021[*]+ VU meters: don't show clip indicators for not-soloed tracks [p=2485497]
On a related note.. when a track is soloed and the user selects a non-soloed track, if that non-soloed track is record-armed, the VU meter will display the levels of that track.

This makes no sense to me. Why am I seeing VU meters lighting up when no audio is coming out of that track?

Obviously, if there is signal present at the input of a record-armed track the meters should show that even when the track is muted/non-soloed. But the signal coming from playback of an audio file should only be visible if that playback is audible too.

At least this is according to my understanding/logic/workflow. If there is a specific reason to show playback levels of a muted/non-soloed tracks when they are selected and record-armed I'll be happy to stand corrected.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:08 AM   #7
sockmonkey72

The mousewheel "Reverse Horizontal Scroll" and "Reverse Vertical Scroll" settings in Preferences > Keyboard/Multitouch have no effect in the RC. They work as expected in 6.36, so this appears to be a regression. macOS 10.15, tested with both internal laptop trackpad and external mouse.
sockmonkey72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:21 AM   #8
heda

VU meters:
The LUFS-M and LUFS-S modes are giving me wrong measurements in a stereo track with additional channels used for sidechain processing only.
LUFS modes act like the Combined RMS, taking all channels into consideration. This is good for multichannel audio but in the case of a stereo track with a sidechain signal in 3/4 channel that is not in the final output, it is not rendering the correct levels.
Maybe it would be good to add Stereo modes (like Stereo RMS) for the LUFS modes.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:53 AM   #9
Phazma

I know I might be late now in the RC thread but regarding midi note naming, would it be possible to hide the C1, C2, C3 etc.. indications from piano roll view when using named notes? It looks already messy as note names obviously can't be written one under the other given the design of black and white keys + parts of names are hidden under black keys but having C4 and similar at the end of the name makes it very confusing.

(not that I'd mind if you dropped support for note names in piano roll view altogether and in change let us have smaller piano keys with more midi editor screen realestate )
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:15 AM   #10
Paul Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonalstates View Post
Also on realimits release "n dB/sec" is kind of weird to me (intermidiate) considering every other plugin is a milisecond time release, this seems like extra steps to wrap my head around and not very obvious (or precise to read) at a first glance.

Is there a why this and not that?
Literally the first time seeing that label on release times o: maybe i'm just dumb on how it could be easily used. if not... reconsider?
If you ask me, IMHO the release param shouldn't even be there (by default) since ReaLimit is program dependent anyway (and I like the black box operation mentality of a brickwall limiter anyway). I'd prefer to have the param hidden, and have a "release override" checkbox for those people who want to tinker wth it
And as answered by Schwa here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=14
15dB/sec is the default behaviour, so if you keep it there then ReaLimit works "as it always has".

On a side note, I'm not personally weirded out by the dB/sec value. It makes sense to me (but I'll probably never change it from its default anyway).
Paul Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 04:32 AM   #11
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
VU meters:
The LUFS-M and LUFS-S modes are giving me wrong measurements in a stereo track with additional channels used for sidechain processing only.
LUFS modes act like the Combined RMS, taking all channels into consideration. This is good for multichannel audio but in the case of a stereo track with a sidechain signal in 3/4 channel that is not in the final output, it is not rendering the correct levels.
Maybe it would be good to add Stereo modes (like Stereo RMS) for the LUFS modes.
In the loudness modes, the meters are measuring the entire signal that is hitting the meter. If you have a sidechain input that you don't want to meter, you could stop those channels from hitting the meter by selecting "zero out unmapped output channels" under the I/O button in the sidechained plugin pin connector. Or if the track channel routing is more complicated, you could add a channel mapper plugin at the end of the track FX chain to stop those channels.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:01 AM   #12
Tale

Default VST2 load project regression

There seems to be a regression with loading back VST2 state (tested on Win10).

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch REAPER.
2. Load Martinic Kee Bass.
3. Select a preset from REAPER's plugin preset list, e.g. Vintage Fuzz.
4. Save project.
5. Reload project.
6. It will select Vintage Fuzz in the preset list. However, it will actually load the Default preset (i.e. the preset with index 0).

v6.36 does load the correct preset in step #6, but v6.37rc4 and rc5 don't.

EDIT #1: In v6.36+dev0913a this still works fine, but in v6.36+dev0914 it doesn't, so maybe it's related to this change:

Quote:
+ VST: improve program handling when loading state for plugins that support chunks (e.g. Maize Sample Player)
EDIT #2: It's not just with Kee Bass (I've also tested Elka Panther; same issue), or even with just our plugins (I've also tested with Pianoteq 7 VST2; same issue).

Last edited by Tale; 10-05-2021 at 05:17 AM.
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:21 AM   #13
Daodan

Same issue with Ragnarok (Full Bucket Music) and 6.36 dev0918. Maybe related maybe not, not tested with other reaper version yet.
Daodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:43 AM   #14
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
In the loudness modes, the meters are measuring the entire signal that is hitting the meter. If you have a sidechain input that you don't want to meter, you could stop those channels from hitting the meter by selecting "zero out unmapped output channels" under the I/O button in the sidechained plugin pin connector. Or if the track channel routing is more complicated, you could add a channel mapper plugin at the end of the track FX chain to stop those channels.
Thanks. That works. I was confused because I was seeing the option for stereo or combined with the RMS vumodes.

Changing the "zero out unmapped output channels" works.
Maybe it is a bit hidden. To avoid confusion maybe I guess it could be used as default,or remembered setting, as most users may only work on stereo tracks with one sidechain signal most of the times.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:55 AM   #15
Klangfarben

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
I agree with Heda that it's rather buried. This solution seems a bit needlessly complex to me for a simple sidechain scenario.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:14 AM   #16
maxdembo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
You can double right click to edit the names, then save them for later. Or save as a track template. But that's not new.
OK. I didnt know this was a thing. Def a solution! Thanks.

It'd be handy if the names BFD is sending to the piano roll were all legible straight off the bat tho, or if one could extend the width of the piano roll to accomodate the kit piece name that BFD is sending to Reaper.

Names show up automatically but some are impossible to read atm.
maxdembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 02:10 PM   #17
Trogdor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdembo View Post
OK. I didnt know this was a thing. Def a solution! Thanks.

It'd be handy if the names BFD is sending to the piano roll were all legible straight off the bat tho, or if one could extend the width of the piano roll to accomodate the kit piece name that BFD is sending to Reaper.

Names show up automatically but some are impossible to read atm.
I agree, it would be nice if you could stretch out the window to see more of the names in the list.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:47 PM   #18
RobinGShore

I know it might be a little far into the rc cycle for this kind of stuff but I wish there were some quicker options for toggling delta solo. I'd prefer if it we're a modifier click on the wet/dry knob rather than having to go through the extra step of selecting it from a context menu. It should be accesible through the fx slot context menus in the tcp/mcp, and there should be actions like "toggle delta solo for FX # n on selected tracks"

It would also be nice if there were new theme elements for delta soloed fx slots (similar to what we have for bypass and offline)
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 06:30 PM   #19
schwa
Administrator

FX: Toggle delta solo for last focused FX
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote