Old 09-06-2019, 12:34 AM   #1
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Default Separate Fx Chain Actions Section

It's always been a problem and none of the current workarounds are problem-free. Please Cockos, just let us decide what all the keys do in this bloody window! It's such a workflow cockblock!

I hereby request a separate, dedicated Actions section for the Fx Chain window.

Some of the problems (even after 10 years of trying to get around them):

Can't change shortcuts, so good chance they are completely inconsistent with using the rest of Reaper.

Send keypresses to main window is cool for playback by spacebar while the fx chain is active, but how bout when you try to delete a plugin with delete key? Ooops! There goes a track or item and maybe you won't even notice because it's offscreen...

But without that option, any keypress might switch your preset...no fun...and most other keypresses won't do what's expected.

OK let's try these new "global" shortcuts to get around it. Works great until you need to type in a text field that Reaper can't detect or there's a script window floating, etc...

Why is the Fx Chain window so neglected, Cockos?

Sorry for rant. But please. Even the Media Explorer received its own section and I never heard anyone complain about it (unlike the fx chain, which gets complaints daily).
Old 03-16-2020, 08:34 AM   #2
vicnest

I want to disable Ctrl+S in FX Chain so that I can save my project quickly in the FX editing window.
vicnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:38 AM   #3
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnest View Post
I want to disable Ctrl+S in FX Chain so that I can save my project quickly in the FX editing window.
Well fortunately for you this is already possible as long as you're willing to give up the rest of the fx chain shortcuts. Fx chain window > options: ignore keyboard shortcuts.