Old 02-27-2019, 02:20 PM   #1
Tobbe
Human being with feelings

Default ReaPack issue...again

Hi,

When I started Reaper after the latest update it downloaded new version of ReaPack...I think. When I restarted ReaPack menu is gone. When I start Reaper via terminal I get this error message:

Code:
swell: dlopen() failed: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.11' not found (required by /home/tobbe/.config/REAPER/UserPlugins/reaper_reapack64.so)
Error loading /home/tobbe/.config/REAPER/UserPlugins/reaper_reapack64.so: (null)
I already have libstdc6 installed:

Code:
i   libstdc++6                                             - GNU Standard C++ Library v3
What more should I install?
Old 02-27-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
JamesPeters

Read from this post on. It's explained there. Posts 751 to 755.

Basically your distro's GCC libraries are not new enough. (GCC libraries in some common distros are going to be "not new enough" for a while, it seems.) The author of ReaPack recommends updating the GCC libraries, but I'd personally recommend against anything which might mess with your distro's dependencies. If you've ever messed up dependencies in Linux, you'll know why I recommend avoiding that!

Instead I downloaded the previous version 1.2.1, added it to the userplugins folder, then "pinned" it in ReaPack (ReaPack manages itself from ReaPack, so you can "pin version" of ReaPack itself to an older version so it won't update). Of course don't try updating with ReaPack until you pin the version 1.2.1.

Once GCC libraries are updated for LMDE (etc.) you can then unpin ReaPack and let it update.

Download the previous version from here:

https://github.com/cfillion/reapack/releases

Last edited by JamesPeters; 02-27-2019 at 02:51 PM.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:57 PM   #3
Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
Read from this post on. It's explained there. Posts 751 to 755.

Basically your distro's GCC libraries are not new enough. (GCC libraries in some common distros are going to be "not new enough" for a while, it seems.) The author of ReaPack recommends updating the GCC libraries, but I'd personally recommend against anything which might mess with your distro's dependencies. If you've ever messed up dependencies in Linux, you'll know why I recommend avoiding that!

Instead I downloaded the previous version 1.2.1, added it to the userplugins folder, then "pinned" it in ReaPack (ReaPack manages itself from ReaPack, so you can "pin version" of ReaPack itself to an older version so it won't update). Of course don't try updating with ReaPack until you pin the version 1.2.1.

Once GCC libraries are updated for LMDE (etc.) you can then unpin ReaPack and let it update.

Download the previous version from here:

https://github.com/cfillion/reapack/releases
Perfect. Didn't know about the "pin" thing. Good call.

Thanks alot, everythings is ok again and I can sleep well
Old 02-27-2019, 08:45 PM   #4
JamesPeters

No problem! I'd noticed this a couple days ago so it was perfect timing. I figured someone else would notice this too.

After I realized I could download a previous version of ReaPack, I thought "wouldn't it be nice if I could pin the version like in Synaptic..." then it occurred to me ReaPack was probably based around something like Synaptic and I hadn't noticed until migrating from Windows to Linux. So at that point it wasn't surprising to me that "pin version" was a feature.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote