Banned

Default Recabinet 4 + amp sim

A new plugin coming soon

here some Video and Audio Clips

http://www.recabi.net/audio-and-video-clips/

some say itīs gonna be way better than Scuffham

THere is an offer I do not understand:

Pre-Order Recabinet 4 VIP package – $199.99

VIP Package includes all upcoming Thermionik amp model packs free for 2 years.

Does only the VIP pack include amp sim ?

I do not quite comprehend the digfference between normal and VIP package ??!

Why is it limited to 2 years only ???

What do yo think ?

Last edited by Giano; 08-29-2014 at 02:30 AM.
Giano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:37 AM   #2
bluzkat
Human being with feelings

You can load different amps into Thermionic, these are called 'model packs'.

These extra model packs will cost money. If you buy the VIP package... any new model pack that is released is free of charge for two years.

That's my understanding of it, I hope this helped.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:34 AM   #3
Giano
Banned

Default New feature

Thanks bluzkat.

As far as I understand the following new Features will be integrated in the normal package:

Product Details

Amp Models (Modern Classics v1):
Damage - based on ENGL Savage 120 (all channels)
Duality - based on Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier (all channels)
Psycho A – based on Peavey 5150 (all channels)
Psycho B – based on Peavey 5150 II (all channels)
Serpent – based on Framus Cobra (all channels)

Preamp / Poweramp Models (Kazrog Essentials v1):
BassOMatic Preamp - a great preamp for bass guitar DI tracks, vocal distortion, synths, or other creative uses
Neutral Poweramp – a hi-fi tube power amp with mild saturation and very little tone coloring

A bass amp - sounds very interesting and a Framus amp !!!

Last edited by Giano; 08-29-2014 at 05:16 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:59 AM   #4
Giano
Banned

Some more interesting information from Kazrog from another thread7forum:

To my knowledge, no amp modeler on the market is using the approach that Thermionik is, but to claim that with 100% confidence would be misleading - the specific methods behind most amp modelers are hidden behind the veil of trade secrecy, and I will respect that by not making assumptions or claims about other companies' products. Similarly, I'm not interested in revealing much at all about what's going on under the hood with Thermionik - why would I want to give that away, especially after working so hard on this?

As a player, I notice the difference between Thermionik and other modelers the most in terms of the response to picking attack. Many modelers get the overall character of amps pretty well in terms of frequency response, but it's in the details of the dynamic response where they fall down. The "feel" isn't right with most amp modelers, and that also translates as a producer/listener using Thermionik into a more dynamic, less static sounding guitar bus in the mix.

Hey Now
Sorry if this has been addressed earlier, any changes to the cabs compared to Recab 3? Plans to release more cab models? Is there an improvement to the cab models or are the amp sims the only difference so far? From what I can see, its the same cabs included in V3...which are spectacular.
Thanks in advance!

Sorry if that wasn't clear. If you scroll down the new about page, you can see that a couple of new bass cabinets have been added (they are really great, maybe even better than the two from Recabinet 3.) Other than that (and the improved speaker dynamics / power tube interaction that's possible now) there are no changes or additions to Recabinet itself. Amp modeling is the primary focus of this release.

Mainly, Recabinet 4 focuses on expanding the library, not only in terms of cabs and mics, but also adding some room ambiences that can be blended in optionally.

Recabinet supports third party IRs

If I could make one request for a new feature on Recabinet 4 it would be moveble mics like on Amplitube.

That's something I'd considered, however, the way that "gapless" mic positioning in plugins typically works is essentially parametric EQ that moves and sweeps some "mystery" frequency boosts and cuts depending on the X/Y position in the UI.

Thermionik is a very straightforward plugin and offers amp and cabinet modeling of extremely high quality at a low cost to entry. Where Thermionik definitely isn't trying to compete is in the "all things to all people" category, for example there won't be any effects, it's assumed you already have more than enough effects in your DAW plugins menu, and there's no way in hell I'm going to try to equal or beat Eventide or SoundToys in the FX category.
____-----__________________________________________________ ____________________

New Bass cabinets !!!! Great I m going to upgrade 4 sure !

Last edited by Giano; 08-29-2014 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:50 AM   #5
Kazrog

OK, time to answer a few questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giano View Post
Pre-Order Recabinet 4 VIP package – $199.99

VIP Package includes all upcoming Thermionik amp model packs free for 2 years.

Does only the VIP pack include amp sim ?
Both the normal and VIP editions include Thermionik, the amp simulator. The difference is that VIP users get all of the forthcoming amp model packs free, whereas regular users would need to buy these as separate add-ons.

Quote:
Why is it limited to 2 years only ???
Updated to 3 years now for even better value. We're going to be releasing a lot of amp packs over the next 3 years. After that, VIP users will have the option to extend their VIP membership (or not.) In any case, of course they can keep the amp packs they own, as they were paid for essentially up front with their VIP membership.

Last edited by Kazrog; 08-29-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Kazrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:14 AM   #6
lachrimae

Hi Shane,

I think I read elsewhere that future amps for non-VIP members will cost $20 per 4-pack, or $7 each. Is that right?

If so, is my math correct on the following?

VIP Package cost (upgrade from Recabinet 4): $130
So, in order to make the VIP package worthwhile there would need to be at least 26 amps released over the next 2 years.

VIP Package cost (for Recab 3 upgrade users to upgrade on top of Recab 4): $70
In this case there would need to be 14 amps released over the next 2 years.

Thanks
lachrimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:19 AM   #7
Kazrog

I'm not sure what you mean by "upgrade from Recabinet 4..."

In any case, I've updated the VIP terms from 2 to 3 years, to make it an even better value. I do have a list of more than 30 amps (and counting) I plan to add, though...
Old 08-29-2014, 07:25 AM   #8
lachrimae

For lack of a better term I just meant the price difference between Recab 4 & the Recab 4 VIP package.

The 3 year deal makes this a no brainer IMO. Thanks.

Edit: Just purchased the VIP package
Old 08-29-2014, 09:03 AM   #9
kindafishy

Hey Shane, 2 questions...

- What will the various price levels be after the pre-release sale is over?

- What is your list of the first say, 4 to 8 more amps to be released after the initial launch?

Thanks!
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 11:11 AM   #10
Kazrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
- What will the various price levels be after the pre-release sale is over?
New: $99.99 Upgrade: $39.99 VIP: $249.99. Upgrade VIP: $124.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
- What is your list of the first say, 4 to 8 more amps to be released after the initial launch?
Another high gain pack and a vintage pack. I'll be announcing these separately, but for now I'll just say that they will be modeled after some more highly sought after and famous amps.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:19 PM   #11
Giano
Banned

Itīs great that the new version also refers to bass (well, vers 3 has 2 cabs!),
I hope there will also be great amps for clean guitar sounds available,
not metal or hard rock only °!
Old 08-29-2014, 12:21 PM   #12
Kazrog

Quote:
Itīs great that the new version also refers to bass,
I hope there will also be great amps for clean guitar sounds,
not metal or hard rock only °!
In addition to high gain, there will also be bass amps, vintage amps, boutique amps, etc., running the gamut for all styles of music.

Did you check out the clean tone samples? The Modern Classics in Thermionik also posess some very lush clean tones:

https://soundcloud.com/recabinet/set...-guitar-sounds
Old 08-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #13
Giano
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazrog View Post
In addition to high gain, there will also be bass amps, vintage amps, boutique amps, etc., running the gamut for all styles of music.

Did you check out the clean tone samples? The Modern Classics in Thermionik also posess some very lush clean tones:

https://soundcloud.com/recabinet/set...-guitar-sounds
Great ! What guitar was played for the demos ?

Ok ! Just found the description !

Old 08-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #14
Kazrog

Quote:
Great ! What guitar was played for the demos ?

Ok ! Just found the description !
Haha, yeah, admittedly a Ran Crusher 7 string with EMG 707s is an unusual choice to be playing Mike Campbell style guitars on, but I don't have a Rickenbacker handy. All things considered, though, it really shows the versatility of both this guitar and these amp models in Thermionik.

I'll make sure to get some of my colleagues with some vintage instruments to contribute some more clips for clean and mid gain riffage.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #15
Giano
Banned

Default Classical guitar

Could not find a cab sim or amp sim for classical guitar, yet;
I know that a classical nylon- guitar is usally recorded with mic only
or sometimes mic and Pick-up.
But itīs trange that no plugins work well for classical guitar.

This is a track with nylon-strings

https://soundcloud.com/giano-riff/a-night-in-sevilla

Sound is not bad (regorded with AKG Tube Mic and Pickup), but maybe something new for Nylon strings
could be interesting, too, I always like to experiment.

Or does anyone use amp sims or cabs for classical nylon guitar ?
Maybe for acoustic guitar with steel strings ?!
Old 08-29-2014, 12:44 PM   #16
Kazrog

Interesting. It's funny you mention it, because I was just brainstorming the idea of a plugin that takes a piezo equipped acoustic guitar and makes it sound miked up. I'm not sure if that's been done before or not, would need to look into it, but the existing technology I've developed could be repurposed to do that at some point.

Your track sounds great, by the way!
Old 08-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #17
Giano
Banned

Quote:
Haha, yeah, admittedly a Ran Crusher 7 string with EMG 707s is an unusual choice to be playing Mike Campbell style guitars on, but I don't have a Rickenbacker handy. All things considered, though, it really shows the versatility of both this guitar and these amp models in Thermionik.

I'll make sure to get some of my colleagues with some vintage instruments to contribute some more clips for clean and mid gain riffage.
What do you think about Scuffham plugin and if you compared it to your version 4, what would you say ?
Old 08-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #18
Giano
Banned

Quote:
Interesting. It's funny you mention it, because I was just brainstorming the idea of a plugin that takes a piezo equipped acoustic guitar and makes it sound miked up. I'm not sure if that's been done before or not, would need to look into it, but the existing technology I've developed could be repurposed to do that at some point.

Your track sounds great, by the way!
Sounds good to my ears :-) Please keep at it
Old 08-29-2014, 12:50 PM   #19
Kazrog

Quote:
What do you think about Scuffham plugin and if you compared it to your version 4, what would you say ?
It's one of the few amp modeling plugins I haven't had a chance to try yet, so I really have no comment. It looks like a nice clean UI and the clips sound good from what I can tell.

Recabinet 4 / Thermionik is really focused on amp modeling exclusively, though. It's assumed that users already have enough built in FX in their DAW, so 100% of the focus went into the core of the tone.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:00 PM   #20
Giano
Banned

Can you say anything about CPU usage ?
Most of the plugins I have I can play with buffer size 256 in Reaper without latency issues.

Some say itīs better to play and record with clean guitar (without any plugins),
I do not like this idea, when I play e-guitar, I like to play it with
amp and fx (distortion/phaser/delay) or whatever

Last edited by Giano; 08-29-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:03 PM   #21
Kazrog

Quote:
Can you say anything about CPU usage ?
Most of the plugins I have I can play with buffer size 256 in Reaper.
There are 4 quality settings from low to high, so you can adjust the quality to low (which still sounds great) for tracking, and then bounce at high, for example. It's designed for playability and extremely realistic picking attack response (something I feel is lacking from any amp modeler I've tried, and I've tried almost all of them), so being able to jam at 256 samples for low latency is definitely important and possible.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #22
Giano
Banned

Quote:
There are 4 quality settings from low to high, so you can adjust the quality to low (which still sounds great) for tracking, and then bounce at high, for example. It's designed for playability and extremely realistic picking attack response (something I feel is lacking from any amp modeler I've tried, and I've tried almost all of them), so being able to jam at 256 samples for low latency is definitely important and possible.
Thanks and I agree, latency issues or/and realistic attack response as for guitar is one of the main problems you are faced with as far as plugins are concerned, I hope to receive your mail for download of version 4 before christmas ;-)
Old 08-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #23
The Telenator
Banned

I expect I'll draw some serious heat for this, but I really do think a few little bits need to be said about this whole system being constructed here:

I barely have time to eat lunch most days ... point being, I'm very sorry, but just like some of the other deals out there such as Amplitube's and a couple of others, I don't have the time or any interest in buying some add-on bit of software every time I hear of yet another offering or update. I find this classic 'Nickel and Dime Them to Death" approach almost insulting. Don't care if the next amp is $7 or 7 cents. Can't be bothered. Further, I don't buy contracts or licenses that will expire on Date Y or Z -- that is, except for very major software, such as just about only a DAW.

Sell me the damn plug and leave me alone, if you please. I don't want to have to check every 5 minutes to see if Amp No. Bloody 27 just came out for purchase. I just don't have the interest to fiddle with this. Give me 2 or 3 TOP-quality amp models and bugger off.

I know this sounds harsh, and it may be, but I know many, many others who just aren't going to play this game, your business model, either. Sorry....

I hope I'm being very clear. Have demoed and checked into your best ReCab version and thought that was quite good. So now you are going to break into the amp sim business? Fine as well and not entirely a surprise to me. But I will note that the amps I read mentioned you will start with are the same tired old amps that everyone, including my mummy, has already released, free or pay. Yawn. Please ... consider. You all may want to rethink this whole thing before you go too deep.

Sell me the business for maybe $100 or just slightly more and let me be. That's about all a setup with a small few amps and some FX is worth. Truly. I'm not going some $300 for "Lifetime Supply of Amps" when the market is suddenly becoming flooded with FREE amps that are almost as good as Kuassa's or S-Gear's. Hope you understand. Hope I've been helpful and very clear here.

Best Wishes and Cheers!

Last edited by The Telenator; 08-29-2014 at 04:22 PM.
The Telenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #24
Kazrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Telenator View Post
I expect I'll draw some serious heat for this, but I really do think a few little bits need to be said about this whole system being constructed here:
Awesome. I was looking forward to somebody posting something like this. Seriously. I debate with imaginary arguments in my head that are very much like yours, all the time. And I think I have some pretty good answers to all of this as a result.

Quote:
I barely have time to eat lunch most days ... point being, I'm very sorry, but just like some of the other deals out there such as Amplitube's and a couple of others, I don't have the time or any interest in buying some add-on bit of hardware every time I hear of yet another offering or update. I find this classic 'Nickle and Dime Them to Death" approach almost insulting. Don't care if the next amp is $7 or 7 cents. Can't be bothered. Further, I don't buy contracts or licenses that will expire on Date Y or Z -- that is, except for very major software, such as just about only a DAW.
Time is a thing, whether we want it to be or not. If I didn't state the terms up front, eventually there would still be some expiry and some point where another paid upgrade would happen. Is it better for these things to be a surprise (living in the 90s!), or is it better for everyone to be on the same page from the outset? Given these two choices, I'd take the latter any day, both as a consumer and as a business owner. For example, as soon as Adobe switched to a subscription model for their Creative Suite, I signed up. For years, I had wished they'd offered something like that, and finally, they did. Stoked.

Quote:
Sell me the damn plug and leave me alone, if you please. I don't want to have to check every 5 minutes to see if Amp No. Bloody 27 just came out for purchase. I just don't have the interest to fiddle with this. Give me 2 or 3 TOP-quality amp models and bugger off.
Well, you actually get 5 top quality amp head models (with interchangeable preamp/poweramp sections), 1 top quality preamp, 1 top quality poweramp, and 22 cabinets for a one-time price (if you don't want to deal with the VIP thing.) And you can buy a la carte amps down the road or amp packs if you prefer for a low price also. I don't really see how that's different.

Quote:
I know this sounds harsh, and it may be, but I know many, many others who just aren't going to play this game, your business model, either. Sorry....
Fine, they don't have to. There are different kinds of customers with different philosophies, and I respect and fully support that.

Quote:
I hope I'm being very clear. Have demoed and check out your best ReCab version and thought that was quite good. So now you are going to break into the amp sim business? Fine as well and not entirely a surprise to me. But I will note that the amps I read mentioned you will start with are the same tired old amps that everyone, including my mummy, has already released, free or pay. Yawn. Please ... consider. You all may want to rethink this whole thing before you go too deep.
It's a starting point, and nobody has gotten them right until now IMO. Going "too deep" would also be a good thing by your same logic.

Quote:
Sell me the business for maybe $100 or just slightly more and let me be. That's about all a setup with a small few amps and some FX is worth. Truly. I'm not going some $300 for "Lifetime Supply of Amps" when the market is suddenly becoming flooded with FREE amps that are almost as good as Kuassa's or S-Gear's. Hope you understand. Hope I've been helpful and very clear here.

Best Wishes and Cheers!
Thanks! The standard edition is essentially what you describe (minus FX, which are not ever planned and are not the focus since DAWs have plenty of FX already - Reaper alone already comes with better onboard FX than almost any amp modeler I can think of, but I digress.)
Old 08-29-2014, 04:33 PM   #25
Giano
Banned

I like some of the features of version 4, because itīs hard to get some satisfactory bass cabs and bass sim amps and version offers some new ones.

Well, as far as guitar amp sims are concerned, the normal package could have some more amps or some more exciting amps indeed.
But I have not checked and compared them yet, so maybe the guitar amps are very good !?

The plugin is said to be CPU friendly (depends on the selected level!) and has a fast/realistic attack response better than any other plugin ! ?
And I liked the quality of version 3.6.3 !
I am okay with the offer - so far, so good.

Last edited by Giano; 08-29-2014 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:44 PM   #26
lachrimae

Generally speaking when I buy a VST I don't expect features to be added, although I do expect bugs to be fixed. If features do get added I consider it to be a bonus...
That's why I found this VIP offer so intriguing, because it's being purchased with the expectation of additional features and the enjoyment (for me at least) of looking forward to many releases over the next 3 years w/out having to think about money.

I can see why people want to know exactly what they're buying (if so, don't buy VIP and you'll know what you're getting) but sometimes it's nice to take a chance and enjoy (hopefully) the rewards of your initial investment, not unlike Reaper.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #27
The Telenator
Banned

Kazrog: "Seriously. I debate with imaginary arguments in my head that are very much like yours, all the time."

Okay, well, since you already have an imaginary friend, then perhaps I could just come over next time I'm out your way and just listen to you argue with yourself? As a typically lazy guitarist, it would save me much effort.

Right then. On the serious side, I am aware that there are some players, mostly on the younger side I believe, who do like the AmpliTube / Headcase approach of a whole pile of amps to buy, own, choose from.

I think you'll be aware though that, although working pros may be intense collectors of hardware amps and guitars, that when it comes to actually doing the work of playing live and recording, most only drag around a couple of amps, at most perhaps three.

This same applies to the way I approach these amp sims. Of the FIVE Scuffham now includes in his package, I am only really using two -- the Wayfarer and the new '57 Tweed. Yes, I do use the Marshall-type Steeler but could probably live without it.

And yes, I know the younger bunch enjoys more the constant switching of amps, settings, knob tweaking and such -- and that's fine, but there's probably more of us who just want to be up and running without any such fooling about. On S-Gear I have about a dozen great presets and rarely need anything more. You know, if you see a player LIVE who is constantly turning his back to his audience to fuss with his amp(s), you know he has got to be no pro (and it was Les Paul who first said that). I don't think just 'cause we are now doing sims that this should be much different.

So, I'm just trying to set out that there's a whole lot of us that don't want to be bothered. Set it and leave it. And if that stupid "Amp Shop" from AmpliTube ever opened up on me and started bugging me about buying more or new product when I need to get some actual work done, I think I'd want to shoot somebody.

Just trying to bring out that a lot of us REFUSE to buy from that type of AmpliTube / Native Instruments style of (constant) marketing approach and hope you don't fall into that sort of messy business.

And must say, sure, lots of details I DON'T know about your product and plan. It's new. One does wonder if you have the calibre of dev that someone such as Mike Scuffham is. Big difference from making good cab /convolver to making an amp sim with power amp sag and more. Will or does your version of the 5150 be that much better that one will pay, as opposed to the free Nick Crow or Ignite or whoever?

New kids coming into our digital VST world every day, but at the same time a lot of us are growing far more picky, spoiled for choice, and knowledgeable about the current products and use.
The Telenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #28
Kazrog

Quote:
Right then. On the serious side, I am aware that there are some players, mostly on the younger side I believe, who do like the AmpliTube / Headcase approach of a whole pile of amps to buy, own, choose from.

I think you'll be aware though that, although working pros may be intense collectors of hardware amps and guitars, that when it comes to actually doing the work of playing live and recording, most only drag around a couple of amps, at most perhaps three.
Of course...

Quote:
This same applies to the way I approach these amp sims. Of the FIVE Scuffham now includes in his package, I am only really using two -- the Wayfarer and the new '57 Tweed. Yes, I do use the Marshall-type Steeler but could probably live without it.
That's totally understandable and typical...

Quote:
And yes, I know the younger bunch enjoys more the constant switching of amps, settings, knob tweaking and such -- and that's fine, but there's probably more of us who just want to be up and running without any such fooling about. On S-Gear I have about a dozen great presets and rarely need anything more. You know, if you see a player LIVE who is constantly turning his back to his audience to fuss with his amp(s), you know he has got to be no pro (and it was Les Paul who first said that). I don't think just 'cause we are now doing sims that this should be much different.
Well, live vs. studio are very different use case scenarios. It really depends on the style(s) of music also - session guys have to cover all the bases, and a lot of my users are pro session guys...

Quote:
So, I'm just trying to set out that there's a whole lot of us that don't want to be bothered. Set it and leave it. And if that stupid "Amp Shop" from AmpliTube ever opened up on me and started bugging me about buying more or new product when I need to get some actual work done, I think I'd want to shoot somebody.

Just trying to bring out that a lot of us REFUSE to buy from that type of AmpliTube / Native Instruments style of (constant) marketing approach and hope you don't fall into that sort of messy business.
I'm not a fan of anything about their product, sonically or business model wise. I agree with you completely and I would never build "nagware." Recabinet has always been intended as a pro solution.

Quote:
And must say, sure, lots of details I DON'T know about your product and plan. It's new. One does wonder if you have the calibre of dev that someone such as Mike Scuffham is. Big difference from making good cab /convolver to making an amp sim with power amp sag and more. Will or does your version of the 5150 be that much better that one will pay, as opposed to the free Nick Crow or Ignite or whoever?
The 5150 is my favorite high gain amp of all time, and nobody has gotten it right until now IMO. The other models in Thermionik are at an equal level of accuracy as well. If I didn't feel confident that this is the best amp modeler ever made, I wouldn't have bothered entering the already crowded market. Better to innovate elsewhere. But my obsession with tube amps paid off (after a lot of hard work and frustration) and I'm ecstatic about the sound of the plugin!

Quote:
New kids coming into our digital VST world every day, but at the same time a lot of us are growing far more picky, spoiled for choice, and knowledgeable about the current products and use.
There will be a free demo, so everyone can evaluate it for themselves with their music.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:41 AM   #29
ragzy02

Hmm. Wondering when Recab 4 + Thermionik will be here? I'm seeing like a month gap and counting of absolutely no comments or updates on this product.

I know Kazrog is probably super busy with life as we all are, but you have to find ways to keep the buzz going for an upcoming release.

Maybe it's happening on other forums?....

I would definitely like an update though because I'm about to start tracking an album for some guys and would like this in my arsenal.
ragzy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #30
Pickasso

One more week I read at the Sneap forum.
Pickasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #31
spk77

Downloading...
spk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #32
Rafito

Here's a demo I made of recabinet 4:

http://youtu.be/vA33PIJoUIA
Rafito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 01:27 AM   #33
Giano
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafito View Post
Here's a demo I made of recabinet 4:

http://youtu.be/vA33PIJoUIA
Your theme looks pretty strange, itīs in need of gettig used to, but thatīs just me.
Great sound. If Recabinet 4 works on your pc, test it compare it and tweak it, cuz you can get almost same sound like with the highly considered S-Gear with much better playability AND itīs superb for e-bass !
The majority of presets are nice for harder Music style, but by tweaking and storing own presets you can get whatever you want.
Regarding available presets Kazrog could offer a lot more and better presets !

Last edited by Giano; 12-28-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:46 AM   #34
MrBongo

one does not simply .. use presets

eagerly awaiting the additional amp packs, as the current amps do sound really good!
i see you used simiar settings to mine, Deep turned down and Presence fully up. so i think itīs not just my impression that it all sounds and feels a bit dark, with all knobs at noon. set them like that, and itīs awesome

Recabinet + Thermionik is actually the reason i got my amp ... it models the Framus Cobra, and i bought its brother, the Dragon.
MrBongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:40 AM   #35
Giano
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBongo View Post
one does not simply .. use presets

eagerly awaiting the additional amp packs, as the current amps do sound really good!
i see you used simiar settings to mine, Deep turned down and Presence fully up. so i think itīs not just my impression that it all sounds and feels a bit dark, with all knobs at noon. set them like that, and itīs awesome

Recabinet + Thermionik is actually the reason i got my amp ... it models the Framus Cobra, and i bought its brother, the Dragon.
Yep! or add some nice eq with coloration e.g. Maag Eq !
Old 12-28-2014, 06:20 AM   #36
Giano
Banned

Default Presets

Well, I think presets are very important if you want to sell a product like this.
Plugin could be much more attractive with presets covering more genres (Jazz, Funk, Country, Pop etc.), because you can cover almost all genres with this plugin ! Presets are nice to show whatīs possible.
And as far as presets for e-bass are concerned, there is almost nothing and the little presets are not very exciting, but you can create much better bass presets than with other bass sim amps/cabs.
But maybe dev is not interested in having a bigger target, maybe he develops his plugin for metal musicians only and itīs his right to act like this.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:57 PM   #37
aledandrea

Hi guys !!, I've tried almost all of amp simulator and with great surprise I must say that Recabinet 4 & Thermionk is that in hi-gain convinces more .... The response and dynamic range as the articulation are truly impressive. try it in I decided not to use the presets and tried to pack my sound from beginning to end .... I play guitar and I like the sounds Rock & Hard Rock .... From Lukater, Van Halen to Satriani. I made a small video .....

http://youtu.be/IJTgKMuV-9s
Old 12-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #38
Giano
Banned

Nice Sound.
A friend of mine has aspecific preset pack for recabinet that matches all S-Gear presets, I was impressed,
because as you stated response, dynamic range is a lot better.
Just watched Ultraverb demo, pretty good reverb, but I suppose itīs a CPU beast like all iLok plugins?!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #39
EvilDragon

Quote:
Just watched Ultraverb demo, pretty good reverb, but I suppose itīs a CPU beast like all iLok plugins?!
CPU usage has nothing (I repeat: NOTHING) to do with iLok.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #40
Giano
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
CPU usage has nothing (I repeat: NOTHING) to do with iLok.
Surely it has, cuz iLok plugins were developed and produced for Pro Tools first and foremost and when you use Protools you do not care about CPU usage, cuz for PT you need a very very good processor anyway.
You can check it by downloading iLok demos or plugins that were with iLok in the past, they are not CPU friendly at all.
ILOK plugins are first and foremot high Quality plugins for professional use, and they love to use a lot of your CPU,
thatīs a fact.
Since I do not have a superb processor at home, but good enough for Reaper and almost all non-iLOK plugins, I can say that I have issues (especially CPU issues) with all iLok plugins I ve downloaded.

YOU are COMPLETELY wrong, I repeat COMPLETELY !

Last edited by Giano; 12-28-2014 at 02:05 PM.