Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 12-02-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
SEA
Human being with feelings

Default What's Your Favorite Altiverb IRs?

So what's your favorite Altiverb IRs for vocals, concert halls (like solo piano, orchestra) drums, guitars etc.

I'm just getting into Altiverb 6 and have over 3 gigs of impulses so it would be cool to see who's using "what for what" so to speak

Thanks!

SEA

http://www.facebook.com/jamieseamusic
SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:03 AM   #2
foxAsteria

hmm yea, that's exactly why i never got into convolution reverbs. there are only a handful of reverb types though and if you know the difference, shouldn't have to put too much consideration in. beyond that, maybe you'd want a special convolution of a certain type of room or something.

option paralysis is a bugger and the enemy of songwriting. somebody'll come up with a pill for it someday.

yea sorry, that's not what you asked for but even though i love reverb, i dont give it much thought. i just narrow down what atmosphere i want, try some presets at random, mess with knobs and forget it. but if i make a bad choice on a bussed reverb it can be a pain to change later since it's been influencing all my mixing decisions...
Old 12-11-2014, 03:34 AM   #3
camerondye

The stereo Bricasti IR's (Not from AudioEase) are pretty close to the real thing and there is one in the AudioEase like Dark Horse Drum Room or something that I always really liked on drums as long as I took some of the bass frequencies out of it. Most of them I used were studios honestly until I got the UAD Ocean Way plugin and a real Bricasti so now I don't even use Altiverb that much now. Taking 2 years to put out Altiverb 7 on Windows pretty much ended my happiness with Audioease.
camerondye is offline   Reply With Quote