Old 11-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
Tod
Human being with feelings

Default ReaSamplOmatic Tests...

I hope it's okay if I start this thread here. Based on the new advances with ReaSamplOmatic (RSO), I thought it would be good to have a thread for testing and ironing out the bugs.

Also I'm really hoping that RSO will become capable of some major sample handling for the folks who don't have a decent sampler like Kontakt. The new developments for RSO are a huge step in that direction.

With that said, I'll post the first bug I've found:

When I loaded 24 samples numbered 01 to 24, it's putting the last sample first. In other words, the samples load 24, 01, 02 ,03, etc. on up to 23. It's also playing the 24th sample first with velocities 1 to 5.

For the most part the velocity spacing for each sample isn't too bad, however there are a few disparities which I will explain later.

To be continued.......

Velocity Graph.
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=140

Round Robin Chart.
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=212

Last edited by Tod; 02-08-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
EvilDragon

Sounds like classic error in sorting of multiple selected files that was happening on XP, but was fixed in Vista/W7... not sure what to make of it.
EvilDragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Sounds like classic error in sorting of multiple selected files that was happening on XP, but was fixed in Vista/W7... not sure what to make of it.
I don't know ED, this is on my Win7 Reaper(64), the order is definitely messed up.

I also thought there was a disparity with the individual sample spacing but that's looking good. For the 24 samples it's basically 2 vel spacings of 5 and then one of 6.

When I get a chance, my next test will be with 36 samples.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
I don't know ED, this is on my Win7 Reaper(64), the order is definitely messed up.

I also thought there was a disparity with the individual sample spacing but that's looking good. For the 24 samples it's basically 2 vel spacings of 5 and then one of 6.

When I get a chance, my next test will be with 36 samples.
Hmm, are there other subtle changes in the file or path names? It sorts them case-insensitively based on filename...

If you can post a minimal project or fxchain with the reasamplomatic in it, that'd be great. No need for the actual files.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Hmm, are there other subtle changes in the file or path names? It sorts them case-insensitively based on filename...

If you can post a minimal project or fxchain with the reasamplomatic in it, that'd be great. No need for the actual files.
They're all in one folder and are nameed 01, 02, 03, to 24.

I just posted the complete test project including samples. That way you can see how I'm conducting my tests. It's not that big.

https://db.tt/3ycb1LHA
Old 11-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
Aeolian

If i import multiple samples (say, 6 tiered samples of a kick drum), the plugin name in the windows title bar for reasamplomatic changes to the title of the 1st sample.

This name change is also reflected in the mcp inserts, ie the insert is named "kick_c1_36_crack" instead of "reasamplomatic".

Surely not intended?

win7x64/reaperx64
Old 11-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #7
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
They're all in one folder and are nameed 01, 02, 03, to 24.

I just posted the complete test project including samples. That way you can see how I'm conducting my tests. It's not that big.

https://db.tt/3ycb1LHA
Hmm, thanks. How did you import the samples? Trying to figure out why they ended up this way... also what OS and reaper arch?

Edit: nevermind, actually, I see I forgot to put the sorting code on the drag & drop mode, oops. fixing.

Last edited by Justin; 11-20-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote