Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 07-23-2020, 07:04 AM   #561
Javier Robledo
Human being with feelings

Hi Everybody ¡¡¡

I yes do use the merge tool and as Edison said, I could find a way to merge and easy find the new and old lines.

At least for me, from the day I started to translate Reaper till now the main problem was that Template Updates were released after some new version of Reaper.

Now that both Reaper and Template are developed at the same time, we can have translation updated sibe by side.

Cheers ¡¡¡
Javier Robledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:34 AM   #562
Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier Robledo View Post
Hi Everybody ¡¡¡

I yes do use the merge tool and as Edison said, I could find a way to merge and easy find the new and old lines.

At least for me, from the day I started to translate Reaper till now the main problem was that Template Updates were released after some new version of Reaper.

Now that both Reaper and Template are developed at the same time, we can have translation updated sibe by side.

Cheers ¡¡¡
Hi, Javier Robledo!

Some time ago I commented with @schwa on the need for translators not to have to wait so long between the Dev version and the Official version, because in this interval there are many changes.
To my surprise, this current format was introduced, so that the ReaperLangPack file follows the change for each Dev version. I think you should be remembering phrases in the Forum like,
'What is the ReperLangPack file doing in LoL? or similar. Fortunately, the format of adding the ReaperLangPack to each Dev version change has been maintained.
And in practice any translator must have realized that this change was for the better.

Best regards,
Old 07-23-2020, 08:50 AM   #563
Javier Robledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison View Post
Hi, Javier Robledo!

Some time ago I commented with @schwa on the need for translators not to have to wait so long between the Dev version and the Official version, because in this interval there are many changes.
To my surprise, this current format was introduced, so that the ReaperLangPack file follows the change for each Dev version. I think you should be remembering phrases in the Forum like,
'What is the ReperLangPack file doing in LoL? or similar. Fortunately, the format of adding the ReaperLangPack to each Dev version change has been maintained.
And in practice any translator must have realized that this change was for the better.

Best regards,
Exactly ¡¡¡

It's really helpful for everybody, for us not to have to translate a lot once instead a little each, and of course for all users

Old 07-23-2020, 01:20 PM   #564
Mr. Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Hmm sorry Mr. Data. Can you refer me to your suggestions? Maybe there's some things we can do, which while might not cover everything, can get us closer?
Hi Justin,

Here are some issues that exist for a long time now.
A few of them you have already taken care of.
I think, looking at a few earlier postings could help.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=425

The following deals mainly with format thingies.
I have to admit that I dunno right now, whether score export to pdf or XML works by now.

The crossfade editor looks quite good now, but it was just exemplary for all those dialog windows that still look like a mess, when translated.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=483

To solve this and some other problems (e.g. 'strange characters'), I made a few proposals in the following post.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=484

I personally find the idea of something like an IDE somewhat compelling, where maybe an additional file for alignments could be generated, that could be either merged with the langpack file or exist besides it in the langpack folder.

Would be nice if you'd have a look at what could be done about these.

Thank you.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 07-23-2020 at 05:51 PM.
Mr. Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:57 AM   #565
Phroneris

Congrats REAPER 6.13 has come

and...

Quote:
You should probably use the release version or (as is the case now), release-candidate versions, as the development build langpacks may have strings that don't end up in a release.
I'm glad to know that the location change of langpacks seems official or at least we don't have to watch both directories ("/i8n" and "/old") to check string updates.
AND, our langpacks will be updated immediately REAPER itself will be!
That's really cool! Thanks!!

Of cause there are several issues remaining, so I hope that things will get better.
Then, can I add one more item to the table of issues...?

In the file dialog of ReaVerb ("Browse..." or "Add" > "File"), the extension list gets garbled:

Regards,
Old 07-24-2020, 09:03 AM   #566
Javier Robledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroneris View Post

I'm glad to know that the location change of langpacks seems official or at least we don't have to watch both directories ("/i8n" and "/old") to check string updates.
AND, our langpacks will be updated immediately REAPER itself will be!
That's really cool! Thanks!!
I'm really happy about this either ¡¡¡

Old 07-30-2020, 08:50 AM   #567
Phroneris

* Additional issues/doubts on source strings *
(Windows 7 64-bit, REAPER v6.13)
  • I feel the two version numbers in this string needn't be hard-coded and can be like "v%d.x":
    Code:
    [about]
    ;7D2928982848EDA7=Thank you for purchasing a previous version of REAPER!\r\n\r\nUnfortunately the license key you have is not valid for REAPER v6.x.\r\n\r\nPlease evaluate this version for 60 days, then visit www.reaper.fm to purchase a new license, or download v5.x.
  • This string hasn't modernized yet:
    Code:
    [grouping]
    ;558DAB99A9407F4B= Master
  • Reaper shows a dialog with these strings when I drag-and-drop *.rx2 file,
    but I'm confused and uncertain whether Reaper wants to deal with slice info or tempo info then
    (considering Media/Import preference too).
    Or rather, do REX files really have tempo?:
    Code:
    [import]
    ;11FF08CEEF71210C=Slice import
    ;BDAAA56787F6D4F6=Media contains embedded tempo information, import as:
Old 08-06-2020, 05:25 PM   #568
Mr. Data

Quote:
Hi, Justin!

I partially agree with Mr. Data's words, but I believe that each translator ends up developing his form to compare
the versions. For example, I haven't used the 'merge_langpacks' tool for a long time. This improved tool could be of
great help. There is a company for which I translate some management Softwares for computers and the tool used to
compare is absolutely fantastic called "TsiLang Files Editor" and having something similar for REAPER would be a dream!!

In these years when I translate REAPER, I have developed my way of comparing versions, and it has proven to be, at
least for me, very efficient. To the point that in 5 minutes I know that version 6.13rc2 is unchanged from 6.13rc1...
Or when I warned about a text error (Release version 6.12+dev0707) even before it was posted on the Forum.
See here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....87#post2317587

Kind regards,
Hi Edison,

Although it's a great tool that can help in some situations, I also don't use the 'merge_langpacks' tool that extensively nowadays. Mainly to check things or so. The reason I don't use it, is because when used, it ever so often marks blocks as 'possibly obsolete', that were already translated with the help of the online translator and work, but aren't present in any template, while other blocks are really obsolete and I always have to check for real or false 'obsoletes', which is even more difficult, if you don't work on the translation each day. Over the years I developed strategies to keep the localization updated (as much as I can and my time allows) as well. The downside to this is that there might be translations that are really deprecated, hence not used anymore, but still are present in the langpack, keeping it unnecessarily blown up. Haven't found a reliable solution for that yet.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 08-06-2020 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:33 AM   #569
Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Data View Post
Hi Edison,

Although it's a great tool that can help in some situations, I also don't use the 'merge_langpacks' tool that extensively nowadays. Mainly to check things or so. The reason I don't use it, is because when used, it ever so often marks blocks as 'possibly obsolete', that were already translated with the help of the online translator and work, but aren't present in any template, while other blocks are really obsolete and I always have to check for real or false 'obsoletes', which is even more difficult, if you don't work on the translation each day. Over the years I developed strategies to keep the localization updated (as much as I can and my time allows) as well. The downside to this is that there might be translations that are really deprecated, hence not used anymore, but still are present in the langpack, keeping it unnecessarily blown up. Haven't found a reliable solution for that yet.

-Data
Hello Mr. Data!

Do you know the free software, WinMerge? I think it's in version 2.16.6

Kind regards,
Old 08-08-2020, 08:59 AM   #570
Phroneris

I'm curious whether existing and coming localization issues can be listed in public, with issue "rate" (aka "rank", "priority" or "severity") of each if possible,
because they're too many and too longstanding to remember fully... even for ourselves, who reported them.
However, it may also be imagined that such work increases labor of Reaper staffs necessarily and persistently.

TBH I'm dissatisfied that some (not a few) issues we translators reported seem to have been left unaddressed,
but I can also understand that the amount of effort which can be spent on them is finite and this localizability we work on is NOT the main feature of Reaper at least.
That's why I think the new system to update template automatically is a great progress and super appreciated, even though I don't feel like enough.

----

As regards the merge tool, I don't use it
because it was hard to chase an original English string from each already-localized one in the LangPack frequently.
So instead, I've developed and used my own merge tool to make comparison of the two easy and efficient, as I posted #339.

And I don't use the string calculator too... just because my translation hasn't advanced so much.
Old 08-09-2020, 02:54 AM   #571
nktch

Default The encoding problem

Hi, Mr.Data

The encoding problem in version 6.13.

The following five lines of the drop-down list in the menu dialog: File -> Rendering have unreadable symbols in Russian:

Section [wavcfg]

English:
2D3E5F019F4CF99C=Auto WAV/Wave64
45D9B980BDB07BC1=Auto WAV/RF64
4521186A89F0FAF8=Force WAV
6D6E85BE4568A875=Force Wave64
4131122163A560EC=Force RF64

Russian:
2D3E5F019F4CF99C=WAV/Wave64 авто
45D9B980BDB07BC1=WAV/RF64 авто
4521186A89F0FAF8=WAV принудительно
6D6E85BE4568A875=Wave64 принудительно
4131122163A560EC=RF64 принудительно

See my Russian.ReaperLangPack v6.13
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/39201/Russian.ReaperLangPack

Best Regards,
Nikitich
nktch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:26 PM   #572
Mr. Data

Quote:
Hello Mr. Data!

Do you know the free software, WinMerge? I think it's in version 2.16.6

Kind regards,
Thanks Edison. No I didn't know it, but will have a closer look at it. It might have functions that go beyond of what I'm doing and thus may help. Some of its functions are (via plug-in) already built in Notepad++.
To keep translation up to date, I use a different approach, that has less to do with comparing langpack files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroneris View Post
TBH I'm dissatisfied that some (not a few) issues we translators reported seem to have been left unaddressed,
but I can also understand that the amount of effort which can be spent on them is finite and this localizability we work on is NOT the main feature of Reaper at least.
That's why I think the new system to update template automatically is a great progress and super appreciated, even though I don't feel like enough.

And I don't use the string calculator too... just because my translation hasn't advanced so much.
Hi Phroneris.

You express the same as I did more than once just in other words. Also the awareness that localization doesn't do anything to the functionality of REAPER, I mentioned before in this context.
Beyond that, I'd like to see dialogs tidy and clean and hence would be happy if elements in them could be aligned and, if necessary, resized, which still isn't possible, with the result that most translated dialogs look like a mess. And all reasons I stated, why this still might be of importance, seem to have vanished into void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nktch View Post
Hi, Mr.Data

The encoding problem in version 6.13.

The following five lines of the drop-down list in the menu dialog: File -> Rendering have unreadable symbols in Russian:

Section [wavcfg]

English:
2D3E5F019F4CF99C=Auto WAV/Wave64
45D9B980BDB07BC1=Auto WAV/RF64
4521186A89F0FAF8=Force WAV
6D6E85BE4568A875=Force Wave64
4131122163A560EC=Force RF64

Russian:
2D3E5F019F4CF99C=WAV/Wave64 авто
45D9B980BDB07BC1=WAV/RF64 авто
4521186A89F0FAF8=WAV принудительно
6D6E85BE4568A875=Wave64 принудительно
4131122163A560EC=RF64 принудительно

See my Russian.ReaperLangPack v6.13
https://stash.reaper.fm/v/39201/Russian.ReaperLangPack

Best Regards,
Nikitich
Hi Nikitich,

What you claim here is part of the problems mentioned above.
For us, the translators, there is no way to rule out such issues.
I, more than once, asked, whether it is (e.g. why it isn't) possible, to get rid of those annoying things once for all.
Still, there is neither an answer, nor a solution, as you can see in your illustration.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 08-27-2020 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:59 PM   #573
nktch

Hi, Mr.Data

I think the appropriate code page should be taken into account when generating the code.
And this problem can be solved.

Best Regards,
Nikitich.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:00 PM   #574
Mr. Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by nktch View Post
Hi, Mr.Data

I think the appropriate code page should be taken into account when generating the code.
And this problem can be solved.

Best Regards,
Nikitich.
Yes Nikitich and I think this will happen at some point, but the main problem is that we can't do it ourselves. The problem with special characters appears every now and then mainly with dropdown menus and they can only corrected by the devs, but that's not the way it should be imho. One of my args btw was that if this problem would be solved once for all times, there would be no need to bother them with such things every time and they can do whatever they think is more important to them, which they do anyway, but with the drawback as it is now, that we can't do anything about it.

-Data
Old 08-12-2020, 02:20 AM   #575
nktch

Hi,Mr.Data

Hope Justin will inform the developers about the issue.

Best Regards,
Nikitich
Old 08-19-2020, 08:07 AM   #576
Mr. Data

Hi Nikitich,

Justin is (besides schwa) the main developer of Reaper.

-Data
Old 08-19-2020, 08:25 AM   #577
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Quote:
Hi Nikitich,

Justin is (besides schwa) the main developer of Reaper.

-Data
Well then it's fast to inform the developers then

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 01:49 PM   #578
Mr. Data

Yes, since I'm quite sure, Justin doesn't suffer from a multiple personality disorder, otherwise he'd probably have to go through the proper channels.

-Data
Old 09-01-2020, 01:08 AM   #579
Javier Robledo

Default Little question

Hi, a little question...

Does "ghost copyable" means the same than "pooled copy" ?

Thansk

Old 09-03-2020, 05:08 PM   #580
Mr. Data

I suspect, it's not exactly the same.

"pooled copy" refers to an existing copy, "ghost copyable" refers to a copy that can be made.

However, since "ghost copyable" is part of an [undo] string, there may be different ways to interpret this.

-Data
Old 09-19-2020, 10:06 AM   #581
Javier Robledo

Quote:
I suspect, it's not exactly the same.

"pooled copy" refers to an existing copy, "ghost copyable" refers to a copy that can be made.

However, since "ghost copyable" is part of an [undo] string, there may be different ways to interpret this.

-Data
Thanks Mr. ¡¡¡
Old 11-27-2020, 03:56 PM   #582
Allybye

Hi all. Newish to Reaper but only had a look at language packs a couple of days ago primarily to try and give Dimitrisgap some support to Dev a Greek pack.

There seems to be a lot of info In this thread [EDIT added: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=92845 ] as well as a few issues that I guess Dimitris might come across.

Is there any guidance on producing and maintaining a Lang pack or is the only hope to learn things is via reading through the thread in chronological order?

Certainly the first couple of pages seemed to help a bit, answering a query or two but maybe adding three! I then wonder if the older info is still relevent with newer versions of Reaper.

Can anyone help with current basics?

Last edited by Allybye; 11-30-2020 at 04:25 PM.
Allybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 02:19 PM   #583
Mr. Data

Hi Allybye,
All information you and Dimitrisgap need you can find at https://www.landoleet.org/i8n/.

Besides that, the REAPER community is very helpful.

-Data
Old 11-30-2020, 04:30 PM   #584
Allybye

Hi Mr Data, thanks for your post. Yeah I probably just need to understand it better!

and after your post I just realised my post above was not very clear so added the link to this same thread in that post.....
Allybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:25 AM   #585
Phroneris

Hi,

Theme adjuster in Reaper v6.19 doesn't deal with Japanese (or CJK, I suppose) characters and their line breaking rules well.

Code:
[Default_6.0_Theme_Adjuster]
: --HELP PANELS--
728B611E8E08071D=これらの設定は REAPER 本体に自動的に保存され、現在のテーマを利用する際に自動的に適用されます。

In Japanese, as long as I know, :
  • A line break mustn't be inserted between bytes of a multibyte character, of cause.
  • Line breaks can be inserted around almost any characters except punctuation or something special.
    See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_b...sian_languages
  • Line breaks don't accompany hyphens even in the inside of words.

Thanks,
Old 01-11-2021, 12:09 AM   #586
Phroneris

Some other issues around metadata feature.

Examples:
  • Here are 9 wav files displayed in Mp3tag, a free metadata editor for audio media.

The 01 - 04 have metadata embedded by Reaper.
    The 05 - 08 have ones by Mp3tag.
    The last one, 09, is just an extra without any tags for contrast.
    Each file name describes what data are embedded as and in.
  • Let's see their source properties on Reaper.

Note that the dialog is heighten to show whole info by:
    Code:
    [wave_DLG_120]
    5CA1E00000000000=1 1.45
  • Ditto on Reaper in Japanese with my LangPack.

• The files seem like this on Windows explorer, Reaper media explorer and Winamp.

• Last, let's edit and write metadata of a file which has Japanese filename from Reaper media explorer.

L10n Issues:
  • Non-ascii metadata embedded by Mp3tag (07 and 08) get garbled on Reaper, whether they are in UTF-16 or UTF-8, in other words ID3v2.3 vs ID3v2.4.
    • They make localized strings in source properties garbled too.
  • Non-ascii metadata embedded as "ID3" and "INFO" by Reaper (04) get garbled on my favorite player.
  • When non-ascii named files (10) are embedded metadata from Reaper media explorer, they get corrupted.

Other issues, or at least what I don't expect:
  • Files embedded only "ID3" metadata by Reaper (01 and 02) don't show the data anywhere except on Mp3tag.
    Even the dialog of Reaper source properties doesn't have "Metadata:" or "ID3 tags:" section.
  • Files embedded "ID3" and "INFO" metadata by Reaper (03 and 04) don't show the data on Windows explorer.
    And, they do on Reaper source properties but the dialog doesn't have "ID3 tags:".

Specs:
  • Windows 7 64-bit Professional
  • Reaper v6.19/x64
  • Mp3tag v3.04a
  • Winamp v5.8

An attached zip contains all files (wav, png, gif and corrupted) shown here.
Thanks,
Attached Files
File Type: zip metadata_test.zip (735.8 KB, 301 views)
Old 03-04-2021, 10:18 PM   #587
Javier Robledo

Starting Razor Edits translation.

Great New Stuff ¡¡¡

Thanks a lot ¡¡¡

Old 03-10-2021, 01:35 AM   #588
Javier Robledo

Default capital letters

Hi ¡¡¡

Would it be possible that action list filter would ignore capital letters and special character like accents ?

Thanks

Old 05-15-2021, 09:59 PM   #589
Javier Robledo

Default ReaNinjam

Hi ¡¡¡

Would it be possible to include ReaNinjam Text to be translated ?

Thanks

Old 09-01-2021, 06:45 AM   #590
Javier Robledo

Default synonyms

Hi,

I've tried action list synonyms for translation but doesn't not work...

Anyone more happens...

Search for synonyms of common words is active.

";" removed in template...

Any idea...

Thanks
Old 09-04-2021, 08:21 PM   #591
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Hi,

I've tried action list synonyms for translation but doesn't not work...

Anyone more happens...

Search for synonyms of common words is active.

";" removed in template...

Any idea...

Thanks
Sorry for the trouble, this is the updated/corrected template to use:

Code:
[actionlist_synonyms]
;0000000000000001=display,view,show,hide
;0000000000000002=delete,clear,remove
;0000000000000003=insert,add
;0000000000000004=deselect,unselect
(it needs the leading 0s)
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:55 AM   #592
Javier Robledo

Quote:

Code:
[actionlist_synonyms]
Hi Justin Thanks a lot.

I'll write again as son as I try.

Old 09-06-2021, 01:06 AM   #593
Javier Robledo

Quote:

Code:
[actionlist_synonyms]

Everything working perfect now ¡¡¡

This solve also ( at least in Spanish ) the problem with the special character like accent when filtering.

Thanks a lot, this is going to make things easier for a lot of people.

Old 10-08-2021, 06:14 PM   #594
Mr. Data

Got a few issues here:

The string 'Dry run: %dHz, %dch' won't translate, neither in [render], [DLG_124] nor in [common]

The string 'Measure' won't translate in MIDI editor; to make obvious which one is meant, here's a screenshot.

Then there is yet another inconvenience:

In German we have (besides of some exceptions) a space between values and units. We don't write '0dB', but '0 dB' or '100ms' opposed to the German '100 ms', but there are quiet a number of occasions where this rule can't be followed, because many strings are put together by REAPER while it's running. E.g. we've got 'Fortschritt: ', 'Verstrichene Zeit: ', 'Voraussichtlich benötigte Zeit: ' and ' Echtzeit'.

But with just the given words without values and units in the string we can't get it into the right format. It would be better to have one string with all words, values and units so we could put it in the right format. Even if we'd have strings like '%d:%02d' and '%s%.0f%% %s%s %s%s (%.1fx %s)' in the template it wouldn't be the best solution, but it would help.

Also there's an issue with '[DLG_145] ; IDD_COLORTHEMEDEV' that I found 'accidentally' due to a typo.

Using the filter you have to input English words in order to find translated ones. For example: searching for 'Gruppe' in German you have to type 'group' or trying to find 'Hintergrund' you must Type at least 'backg' to find the German term. This seems to apply to all words. have a look.

That's all for the moment.

Although I seem to be complaining all the time, I'd like to say, we all appreciate your awesome work.

-Data
Old 02-23-2022, 12:22 PM   #595
Javier Robledo

Default 6.49 template

Hi

I've been looking form 6.49 template here but is not:

https://landoleet.org/old/

Did you change the location or do we have to wait a little.

Thanks ¡¡¡
Old 02-25-2022, 03:49 AM   #596
Phroneris

Hi Javier Robledo,

The newest one is in the root directory, not in the "old".
Old 03-31-2022, 01:51 AM   #597
Javier Robledo

Default 653, line not working on Pc

Hi

This line works fine in Mac but is not translated in Windows:

3C50D04ABFECEE2A=Clear recent project list

Happens the same there ?

Old 03-31-2022, 02:57 AM   #598
Edison

Quote:
Hi

This line works fine in Mac but is not translated in Windows:

3C50D04ABFECEE2A=Clear recent project list

Happens the same there ?

Hi Javier,

Here's OK!

OS Windows 7/64
Old 03-31-2022, 03:12 AM   #599
Javier Robledo

Quote:
Hi Javier,

Here's OK!

OS Windows 7/64
All right now with that, I didn't have it (don't know why) in DLG_139

Now, the problem is this:

96BBEDC9503C8E03

Same right there ?
Old 03-31-2022, 05:01 AM   #600
Edison

Quote:
All right now with that, I didn't have it (don't know why) in DLG_139

Now, the problem is this:

96BBEDC9503C8E03

Same right there ?

That I know

Code: 96BBEDC9503C8E03 - For now, only present in +dev versions, from version 6.49+dev0224

Last edited by Edison; 03-31-2022 at 05:52 AM.
Edison is offline   Reply With Quote