Old 05-12-2020, 09:57 AM   #481
mpl
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
It only happens when certain VSTi tracks are selected, and the lag varies depending on VSTi, some have none, on some it's very extreme, particularly VPS Avenger.

Smaller screenshot or link PLEASE! It brakes whole thread (I`m using REAPER 3 forum theme).
I imagine it should works fast if using only native API, not SWS ones (SWS APi often use direct chunk parsing which can be incredibly slow for tracks with big portions of data inside like heavy plugins data).
Does only track context produced that? Did you try to disable that (Menu/Track/Ignore)?

UPD: I added option to run IT in native API mode (Menu/Options). Try, it is valid for Track Context mode only for now.

Last edited by mpl; 05-12-2020 at 10:46 AM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 04:52 PM   #482
AJYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Smaller screenshot or link PLEASE! It brakes whole thread (I`m using REAPER 3 forum theme).
Erm... Right click > Open image in new tab ?
AJYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:01 PM   #483
mpl

It is 33%. Imagine it at 100%.

Old 05-13-2020, 03:02 AM   #484
Joe90

Quote:
It is 33%. Imagine it at 100%.

Sorry... 4K display! I did preview the before posting to check it, but didn't realise it would be so much bigger in other forum themes. I have to say it's very 'REAPER' that everyone is using a different forum theme that needs to be accommodated

Running in native API mode now and it seems 100% fixed, no other functionality seems affected. Perfect.

Thanks a lot mpl, really appreciate it.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:06 AM   #485
mpl

Quote:
Sorry... 4K display! I did preview the before posting to check it, but didn't realise it would be so much bigger in other forum themes. I have to say it's very 'REAPER' that everyone is using a different forum theme that needs to be accommodated

Running in native API mode now and it seems 100% fixed, no other functionality seems affected. Perfect.

Thanks a lot mpl, really appreciate it.
That means BR_GetTrackFreezeCount from SWS produced that. It is only non native API used for track context. So, therefore #freeze widget will not work in that mode.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:09 AM   #486
Joe90

Quote:
That means BR_GetTrackFreezeCount from SWS produced that. It is only non native API used for track context. So, therefore #freeze widget will not work in that mode.
Ok, no problem. That is the only difference though?
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:52 AM   #487
mpl

Quote:
Ok, no problem. That is the only difference though?
For track context yes. There was also BR_GetMediaTrackSendInfo_Track(), it was replaced by native GetTrackSendInfo_Value() though in latest version I did for you. But it shouldn`t affect any send-related widgets since that function was introduced in REAPER v5.15 (February 9 2016). I don`t remember why I didn`t use it, but anyway with current version it works.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:24 PM   #488
grandfougue

Default Hello this script retuna message

grandfougue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 11:16 PM   #489
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandfougue View Post
url=https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=20/20/3b8x.gif
Gif doesn`t shown (in my country). The error should be fixed in latest version.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:43 AM   #490
Wissti

Hi,
Seems mpl_Sort focused ReaEQ bands by frequency.lua does not work.
See this video : https://www.dropbox.com/s/deuwzrr4yu...rking.mov?dl=0
Reaper 6.10

Thanks!

PS: I don't know how you guys are able to place movies in your content. Even my gifs are limited to 64kb here. :/
Wissti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:58 AM   #491
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wissti View Post
Hi,
Seems mpl_Sort focused ReaEQ bands by frequency.lua does not work.
See this video : https://www.dropbox.com/s/deuwzrr4yu...rking.mov?dl=0

PS: I don't know how you guys are able to place movies in your content. Even my gifs are limited to 64kb here. :/
Tested on REAPER 6.10 Win x86, works here.
Share to me you test project please.
I use external host like imgur dot com.
Old 05-17-2020, 08:25 AM   #492
Wissti

Thanks for your reply.

Seems to bug with this RfxChain, even on a fresh project.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/05caa4eyth....RfxChain?dl=0

I am on mac 10.13.6
Wissti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:42 AM   #493
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wissti View Post
Thanks for your reply.

Seems to bug with this RfxChain, even on a fresh project.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/05caa4eyth....RfxChain?dl=0

I am on mac 10.13.6
There is a problem if check Log-scale automated frequencies is not the same between bands. I don`t know exact converting formula (suggestions, anyone?), so unfortunately I can`t fix that. Ideally I`d like to see complete script implemented natively since it does a lot of bad things under the hood.

Last edited by mpl; 05-17-2020 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:05 AM   #494
HighVoltage

Script: mpl_Insert 1 measure long automation item for last touched parameter.lua

Could be great if it would work with Send volumes too!

Thanks
HighVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 08:42 AM   #495
permeke

mpl_Generate track volume automation item from audio take.lua

doesn't seem to work on my OSX.

I have a small RMS window popping up

Last edited by permeke; 01-11-2023 at 04:07 PM.
permeke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:25 AM   #496
baldo

Default rs5k Tool suggestion

Hi mpl,

I have a script suggestion, if you don't do it, I think I ll do it myself when I ll have time ( but I need to learn lua first).

I would love being able to load a drum plugin (like native instrument battery or maschine or anything) and be able to extract its samples and load it in rs5k instances on the fly.
Here is my idea to do it :
- load a very long chromatic midi item on the track
- copy fx from track to fx take (of the midi item)
- glue it
- remove track fx (or bypass)
- use dynamic split to split the generated items (with very low
gate or transient detection)
- select the items and use your script : mpl_Export selected items to RS5k instances on selected track (use original source).lua

It would be amazing !
baldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 12:32 PM   #497
AJYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldo View Post
Here is my idea to do it :
- load a very long chromatic midi item on the track
- copy fx from track to fx take (of the midi item)
- glue it
- remove track fx (or bypass)
- use dynamic split to split the generated items (with very low
gate or transient detection)
- select the items and use your script : mpl_Export selected items to RS5k instances on selected track (use original source).lua
Feels like you could maybe do this with a custom action. The only problem I see is creating the initial chromatic MIDI item. Not sure how to do that.
AJYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:04 AM   #498
chumbo

Default 'Select tracks with SWS Notes' not working?

Hi,
I assume the name of the script is explicit enough that I understood it's function correctly, i.e. (feeling silly spelling it out but...), it...selects tracks with SWS Notes when run, right?
Well, I have 3 tracks with notes in them and it does nothing when I run it?
Cheers,

Reaper v6.12c/x64
Windows 10 x64
SWS v2.10.0 (Feb 14 2019)
chumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 11:30 AM   #499
dna598

Clicking on the pads doesnt trigger the sample any more.
Tried turning input on/off in menu, but got the message "need reaper v5.71 and jsfx manager tracker".

I'm on 6.12 and have jsfx manager tracker installed.

Thanks again!
dna598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:49 AM   #500
todd_r

I get the following errors in Reapack now...

MPL Scripts/Tracks Properties/Create send between selected tracks and track under mouse cursor v1.12:
Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (multichannel).lua is already owned by another package

MPL Scripts/Tracks Properties/Create send between selected tracks and track under mouse cursor v1.12:
Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 1-2 to 1-2).lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 1-2 to 3-4).lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 1-2 to 5-6).lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 1-2 to 7-8).lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 1-2 to 9-10).lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 1-2 to 11-12).lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 1-2 to 13-14).lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 1-2 to 15-16).lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 3-4 to 1-2).lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 5-6 to 1-2).lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 7-8 to 1-2).lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 9-10 to 1-2).lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 11-12 to 1-2).lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 13-14 to 1-2).lua is already owned by another package

Conflict: Scripts\MPL Scripts\Tracks Properties\mpl_Send selected tracks to track under mouse cursor (channel 15-16 to 1-2).lua is already owned by another package
todd_r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 08:30 PM   #501
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
I get the following errors in Reapack now...
. It seems you didn't remove obsolete package with same name. Remove and install again.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:59 PM   #502
todd_r

Sorted thanks
todd_r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:56 AM   #503
Dragonetti

edit:
All right, I already got it done.
Hi MPL
"mpl_Select items by pattern"
Is it possible that your script works well for multiple tracks when I'm building chords?
As can be seen here in the GIF, an even sequence and an even number of selected items works for me.
Uneven and even doesn't work. Uneven and uneven goes.
Thanks

Last edited by Dragonetti; 08-24-2020 at 11:48 AM.
Dragonetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:37 AM   #504
Nick_B

Default Script: mpl_Change pan for item under mouse cursor active take (mousewheel).lua

Hi thank you for your scripts which are excellent.

Panning in Reaper I find an annoyance with the knobs and sliders and things. I have recently become aware of a few scripts that prompt so that I can type in actual values - which is better than where I was trying to move those stupid little knobs up and down.

Then I noticed your script which looked worth trying. Unfortunately I can't seem to make it do anything. I have your pack installed and other scripts have worked but this one doesn't seem to react at all to my mousewheel. I have set the action to run from a toolbar so that (I thought) I could right click it and then move my mouse to the track/item and then change the pan with the mousewheel. But it doesn't seem to change anything at all.

If you need more info I can let you have it. There is a video of what I was doing here - https://www.screencast.com/t/eMvM9Aq7Xl0 at the end after right clicking the toolbar icon I am mousewheeling but nothing seems to occur

I have the same issue with the mpl_Change volume for item under mouse cursor active take (mousewheel).lua presumably for the same reason.

Thanks

Last edited by Nick_B; 08-26-2020 at 04:03 AM.
Nick_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 09:02 AM   #505
Zorgos

Default Error trying to use align script

I'm getting an error when trying to use align script on Reaper 6.13 x64, Windows 10:

mpl_Align takes.lua:2221: attempt to call a nil value (field 'BR_Win32_WritePrivateProfileString')

Please help!

Thank you

Sergio
Old 09-04-2020, 11:14 PM   #506
Archie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgos View Post
I'm getting an error when trying to use align script on Reaper 6.13 x64, Windows 10:

mpl_Align takes.lua:2221: attempt to call a nil value (field 'BR_Win32_WritePrivateProfileString')

Please help!

Thank you

Sergio
Zorgos, Do you have SWS installed ?
Old 09-14-2020, 09:40 AM   #507
permeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonetti View Post
edit:
All right, I already got it done.
Hi MPL
"mpl_Select items by pattern"
Is it possible that your script works well for multiple tracks when I'm building chords?
As can be seen here in the GIF, an even sequence and an even number of selected items works for me.
Uneven and even doesn't work. Uneven and uneven goes.
Thanks

Wow , what script is this with the menus random/length etc ?
permeke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:58 AM   #508
hans

This align takes is beautiful, even though it didn't work for my thing. I was hoping it would replace Auto Align Post from Soun Radix, which is an AAX plugin only, made for dialogue. I guess this is very difficult to re-create. But if it's one man who can do it, its mpl!
hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 05:23 AM   #509
X-Raym

@mpl
Hi mpl, I hope you are fine :P

If would be nice if your MPL XY Pad, could have a button to invert the scale of a parameter,
I use it with video processor position some things and left and right are inversed on the parameter scale ^^

Simple toggle buttons next the "Get" ones;

Thanks !

EDIT: How maybe I could just switch to another point :P

Last edited by X-Raym; 10-11-2020 at 11:36 AM.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:59 PM   #510
kod

@mpl

Hello MPL,

I stumbled upon a script called "Create Reacomp Sidechain Routing". Is it possible to mod it and have it working without the need to place the mouse cursor on any track? Maybe it can be the selected track as a source and a track color as a destination? That would help immensely.

Thanks!

kod
kod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:55 AM   #511
Beastmode Beats

Is it possible to make a script that passes through from the main window to the midi editor? Do you know how we can add midi editor scripts to the main section cycle actions?
Beastmode Beats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 04:59 AM   #512
Triode

Hi mpl

Hope you're well.

Just to let you know when using your excellent "import session data" script there's a bug: When importing a track to new track at end of playlist, when "track items RAW date" is not checked the items are imported anyway. There's no way of importing the tracks to neew tracks without the script pulling in the items.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:46 AM   #513
mykrobinson

@MPL i am playing with your visual mixer. Do you have any documentation or explanation regarding he numbered tabs up top? It seems to only follow selected tracks. My assumption is that the numbered tabs are to assign banks of track selections to them, but i cannot figure out how to do that. Clicking on any numbered tab simply clears the current track selection.

Thanks
mykrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 10:12 AM   #514
fbeauvaisc

Default Script: mpl_Bypass all FX except instruments on all tracks.lua

Hi,

Thanks for your great work byt the way. Could not live without the Interactive Toolbr but that's not why I'm writing. I'm using one of your scripts to render an item without FX.

This is the script: mpl_Bypass all FX except instruments on all tracks.lua

My only issue is that it also bypasses Reaticulate thus not rendering the right articulations when rendering midi items.

Is there any way to either tell REAPER to define Reaticulate as a VSTi or add an exception line to your script that would not bypass Reaticulate?

Thanks,
fbeauvaisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 01:36 PM   #515
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbeauvaisc View Post

Is there any way to either tell REAPER to define Reaticulate as a VSTi
Somewhere in the right click menu in FX browser on rearticulate.
Old 01-20-2021, 02:20 PM   #516
fbeauvaisc

Quote:
Somewhere in the right click menu in FX browser on rearticulate.
I know I've seen this somewhere but I can't seem to find it now. Thanks for confirming. Still searching though...
Old 01-20-2021, 02:33 PM   #517
fbeauvaisc

Could it be that the option no longer exists? I feel I've looked everywhere.
Old 01-20-2021, 03:38 PM   #518
nofish

Is Reaticulate actually a plugin, I thought it's scripts, but I don't use it so maybe I remember wrong?

edit:
Ah sorry, it's a JSFX. The option to define as instrument (VSTi) is not available for JSFX afaik (for VSTs it's rightclick > Rename FX > [x] Categorize as Instrument.).

Last edited by nofish; 01-20-2021 at 03:58 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 05:34 AM   #519
fbeauvaisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Is Reaticulate actually a plugin, I thought it's scripts, but I don't use it so maybe I remember wrong?

edit:
Ah sorry, it's a JSFX. The option to define as instrument (VSTi) is not available for JSFX afaik (for VSTs it's rightclick > Rename FX > [x] Categorize as Instrument.).
Ok, thanks! It was driving me crazy. Is there a way to add an exception to the MPL's script for it not to bypass it?

I'm open to different approches but I need a way to render in place midi items without FX but with Reaticulate and the VSTi.

Maybe another action that would reactivate Reaticulate. ReaConsole maybe. Any ideas could help.

Thanks,
Old 01-25-2021, 07:57 AM   #520
mtk

Hello MPL!

I like some of your scripts and I would love to use it, but they are all blurry on Macbook Retina. Any chance to fix this?

I wrote a post related to this recently:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....98#post2396398
mtk is offline   Reply With Quote