Old 04-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
rdesanti
Human being with feelings

Default MAC Book and Themes

HELP! OK being a newbie to DAW but having programing experience w/computers I find myself with a dilema. I see some killer themes here! I downloaded 2 or 3 and although they load I am NOT seeing things like the screen shots! I basically need a layout like a real mixer with faders on the bottom and the VU metering bridge on the top like a physical mix board! OK, so I install a theme, load it an this is what I see.
I hope the attached shows up. Although it looks ok I still don't get why it is not what I expected. Read about UI changing but have no clue where that is! Please note my screen resolution is 1280X800. This may the reason, dunno. Perhaps someone out there can help me find a way I can either find a way to fix my theme to look like a mixing desk or another theme that works in 1280x800 OR tell me where in Reaper v4.32 I go in preferences or? to make sure my theme files are in the right place so everything looks as it should. I am using OSX 10.6.8 with 8Gb ram 13.5" screen. Themes I want fixed is Lappy386 and analog_api_V4R2. Forgive me in advance for my ignorance here. BTW, I'm pretty good with an editor too. THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!
--
Sincerely
Rich D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wrong screen!.jpg (38.6 KB, 277 views)
rdesanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
nathanj

sounds like you have multiple themes loaded right now.

open preferences: under "appearance" select "theme editor": make sure that "default iumage resource" and "theme uses image resources" are both drawing from the same theme. if they are both set to differently you get these strange schizophrenic themes.

i hope this helps.
nathanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #3
rdesanti

Default Looks better but now...

Now i have one other question. What is the name of the field in theme editor that allows me to change the db meter label color. I want to make it brighter. While we're on that I want to make multi-color meters I got the colors changed but nothing changes Using analog_api_v4R2 theme Theme has interlaced VU meters is checked. Not sure how to do it in this them. Was able to change it in other themes. Just not this one. - THANKS!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Getting better! JJ.jpg (49.8 KB, 242 views)

Last edited by rdesanti; 05-03-2013 at 08:13 PM. Reason: no response
rdesanti is offline   Reply With Quote