Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 04-29-2013, 01:13 AM   #1
Calculomicon
Human being with feelings

Default Slate products causing Reaper grief (or visa versa?)

Hi Folks.

I have recently begun using Slate products with Reaper... SDD4, VCC and VTM. I seem to have a lot of crashes when opening sessions that contain these products, especially when using SSD4. If I start a new session and instantiate SSD4 on a track, I can load a kit fine and go about my work. But when I close the session to re-open later, OR, if I try to load a different kit, Reaper immediately crashes.

This is both x64 and x86 versions.

After I reinstalled VCC and VTM, they seems to be working better, I also updated my iLok2 driver, but my issues remain with SSD4.

BTW, this is using the VST version. I tend to stay away from AU versions as it seems the GUIs do not always load. Another issue I guess.

So the question is this a REAPER issue or a Slate issue? And does anyone have any tips if there is some type of work around?

Thanks!!

E
Calculomicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
Rusty Falcon

Not using any drum software yet but I've been using VCC and Trigger for several months now with no technical issues like you are mentioning. My computer is a fairly old Core2Duo 3.14GHz running Windows 7 x64 with 8GB RAM, so I'm certainly not on the screamingest machine around.

VCC and Trigger come in x86 and x64 versions... be sure your VST paths are setup right to catch the one you want.

Other than that sorry I'm not much help.
Rusty Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #3
Calculomicon

Thanks for the reply, Rusty.

I haven't touched the default VST paths, which is Mac HD > Library > Audio > Plugins > VST

In further investigation, I have three capable computers here.
The one in question is a mid 2010 iMac with a dual core i3 at 3.2 GHz, 8GB ram, 512 video, running 10.8.
I also have a Mac Pro I purchased last year, quad 2.8 GHz, 20 GB ram, 1GB video etc, running 10.7.
Third comp is a PC, AMD Athlon Phenom II quad 4x3.2GHz, 16GB ram, 2GB video running Win 7.

The second and third comps run Reaper with SSD4 stunningly... so it seems an issue with my iMac only atm.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
Calculomicon

Okay, having used to work for a well known plugin developer as tech support (can you imagine???) I took every troubleshooting step I could think of. Also I started running lots of tests with other DAWs I use for tech support/beta testing all on my iMac, which is the only computer with this crazy behavior and I have found it is not limited to Reaper.

SSD is also crashing Logic 9.1.8, Studio One 2.5.1, and Pro Tools 10.2 along side of Reaper. In each case it only crashed when trying to open a project / session with SSD previously instantiated.

So, not Reaper's problem... which I am extremely happy about. Since the additional of stretch marks (hehe, good name), Reaper is really becoming a top contender! Of course in many ways it always was, but this addition is great!! (Good job, Cockos!)

Best,
E