Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Recording Technologies and Techniques

Old 01-10-2020, 01:31 PM   #1
thunderbroom
Human being with feelings

Default Monitoring/Signal Routing Problems (cross-post)

Wasn't certain if my post belonged in another spot or this one, so apologies for the cross post.

Hello all. Before my questions, here is my current set-up:

Windows 10 (updated and current)
Interface: Audient iD44
Preamps: Audient ASP880; UA 4-710D
Personal Monitoring: Behringer Powerplay 16; 16-M (x4)
*I've linked an image showing the signal flow.*

(Powerplay connected via ADAT in from iD44 ADAT out for channels 1-8 from ASP880)

After talking with Sweetwater care, they've determined this issue is some setting within Reaper; hence my questions.

Currently, with the set up described above, I understood that I would select "Hardware Routing" in Reaper for each track/buss I want to send to the personal monitor mix. So on each track I'd select ASP880 output 1, or ASP880 output 2, etc. However, using this method, I'm only able to send signal from pre-recorded media (tracks with audio already on them) and not any signal from what is currently being recorded, nor from a talkback mic. I see no signal of audio on the Powerplay from actively recording channels, only hearing it in my studio mains.

Is there some other setting within Reaper's track menus or elsewhere that will allow me to route currently recording tracks along with pre-existing audio to the personal monitors,and not have any delay in those mixes?

I'm sure there is some noobie/obvious thing I am missing, but this is a new monitor system for me, so I'm sure there's something I've not done within Reaper that will solve this. Thank you all in advance for any assistance you might offer!https://i.imgur.com/0kZr2Zc.jpg
thunderbroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:33 PM   #2
karbomusic

Is input monitoring on? What is incoming to the track via live input isn't going to leave the track if it isn't.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:58 PM   #3
thunderbroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Is input monitoring on? What is incoming to the track via live input isn't going to leave the track if it isn't.
Thought it was, but I'll need to check when I'm back in tomorrow. Thanks.
thunderbroom is offline   Reply With Quote