COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > NINJAM Discussion > NINJAM User Discussion

Old 02-04-2021, 04:55 PM   #1
DizzyCheezy
Human being with feelings

Default Problems routing A mix of DI’d and MIDI instruments

Hey folks. I’ve been using NINJAM to play with out of town friends recently and have had NINJAM set up for multiple instruments (on my end) and it worked but; I wanted to give the option to other people to mix the different instruments I’m sending into NINJAM.

I watched the tutorial videos and got everything set up. And when I’m in the NINJAM console without being connected to a server everything works exactly like I want it to. All my instruments are routed to different local channels; and when arm them all simultaneously and play they are only picked up in the local channel they are assigned to. Which is great. But as soon as I join a lobby. The MIDI instruments stop sending to NINJAM.

It all worked fine when I had 2 guitars, one bass, MIDI drums and three keyboards all set to one local channel; but as I said before, I’d like to give my friends the option to mix out something they don’t want to hear.

Any pointers on this one guys? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by DizzyCheezy; 02-04-2021 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar
DizzyCheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:20 AM   #2
pljones
Human being with feelings

Every plug in in Reaper has a "plug-in pin connector" map. You'll need to confirm the mapping is correct.

With only two inputs - one MIDI and one audio in - the settings in the attachment work okay for me. Can you post more detail on your set up - i.e. how many channels do you have in total, how are they mapped, maybe screenshots of the plug-in pin map and ReaNINJAM screen, etc?
Attached Images
File Type: png channel-map.png (4.8 KB, 329 views)

Last edited by pljones; 02-06-2021 at 02:29 AM.
pljones is offline   Reply With Quote