Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 12-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
MrJones
Human being with feelings

Default "Apply current playrate to BPM" ignores tempo markers

"Apply current playrate to BPM" appears to be ignoring tempo markers entirely, unless they're at the start of the project. That makes the feature useless in projects with tempo markers, since all of them need to be adapted manually.

Do I miss something here? Is there a way to have the tempo markers adapted as well? Should "Apply current playrate to BPM" behave that way? It does seem like a bug to me, but I'm not sure.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
MrJones
Human being with feelings

Is there any particular reason why it doesn't behave similarly to "Adjust Entire Tempo Envelope"?

Basically,
1. "Adjust Entire Tempo Envelope" with -16% gives exactly the same speed everywhere as play rate slider to 0.82 with preserve pitch does
2. "Apply current play rate to BPM" does NOT give the same speed, it only affects the non-tempo markered parts (unless the actual play rate slider itself which affects everything), which for my songs is usually nothing to very tiny parts

For an Apply action found with right-clicking the play rate slider thing, I would expect it to apply what I hear, which is not what it currently does. (unlike "Adjust Entire Tempo Envelope")
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote