Old 02-23-2019, 01:42 AM   #1
LowlyOP
Human being with feelings

Default 2 Mono Takes to 1 stereo take(/item)

Hey, i know it's possible because I managed it earlier, somehow, but now i'm just not sure what i do in this setup: i have 2 music tracks i recorded into reaper, where 1L is on track A, and 1R goes to B. So, two mono waveforms in proper sync and grouped together. I wanted to then be able to combine 1L and 1R on A and B to make it stereo. I know I don't need to bounce it but whatever I did I cant seem to replicate (i had imploded them into takes onto track C.. then maybe exploded in place? Maybe thats backwards.. trying now is leading to the rendered waveforms to merge into a single mono channel ..
LowlyOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:48 AM   #2
LowlyOP

"Render items as new take" was the solution it seems

[EDIT] Maybe not.. still looking for some help w this.

Last edited by LowlyOP; 02-23-2019 at 02:01 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:09 AM   #3
bFooz

There is also action "Xenakios/SWS: Implode items to takes and pan symmetrically" , which also enables "Play all takes" option for the resulting item.

The native solution would be best and, as far as I know the reaper's paradigm, would be easily done.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:47 PM   #4
LowlyOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
There is also action "Xenakios/SWS: Implode items to takes and pan symmetrically" , which also enables "Play all takes" option for the resulting item.

The native solution would be best and, as far as I know the reaper's paradigm, would be easily done.
Thank you! I used the "Implode items to takes and pan symmetrically" and from there simply cropped to the resulting L/R 2-channel take.

Now just a quick question for the audiophiles; would recording this way (two tracks, both single channel, from a stereo-audio source) and later re-merging into a single stereo track be in any way destructive or cause any negative impact to the audio?

I didn't necessarily have a good "reason" to do this, other than "to see if I could" - are there any times you'd be doing this or something similar? What sort of real-world examples might come up where this is useful? Clipped tracks maybe? Fine-adjustments in mastering?

Thanks