Old 06-30-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
timothys_monster
Human being with feelings

Default [Rock] Lyric video of our first single

Guys,

let me proudly present the first song from our upcoming album.

Unfortunately it can only be found on Facebook and Instagram so far... Will try to convince the guys to upload it for the public on Youtube as well.

But for all who like to use their precious profiles to feed Zuckerberg's data monster, here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=953440701758465

The instruments were recorded live in the rehearsal room. I think the whole performance comprises two or three different takes. I took care of the engineering and mixing and let it master by our great Jeremy Anderson.

Last edited by timothys_monster; 06-30-2020 at 01:27 PM.
timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 04:32 AM   #2
msundh

This was good!!
and it was recorded live as well. Impressed.
I found it a tiny bit too long though.
Old 07-07-2020, 11:51 AM   #3
kindafishy

Your grooves are kick ass.

Lots of 90's influences here. This is what I would expect from a Desert Session involving Cake, Walt Mink, White Zombie and AIC. Awesome. I am a big proponent of letting influences infuse your art, so please take the above comparisons as big compliments.

Really cool song. Great musicianship with lots of tasteful embellishments and style.

Looking forward to hearing more from this project.
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 12:09 AM   #4
timothys_monster

Thanks a lot, guys!

@msundh: We went for no metronome and the whole rehearsal room experience. It was worth doing it like that since you can record 3 to 4 songs in one day, although I must say that on some songs we should have maybe needed the aid of a metronome... or just practise even more beforehand. It's totally possible to stitch the song together from different takes, though. And so it doesn't lose the groove.

@kindafishy: I totally take it as a huge compliment! Our musical outcome will consist 95% of the music we love. No reinventing the wheel whatsoever. Just mixing it up a bit, adding some spices and stirring.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:31 AM   #5
zeekat

Unexpected three second jazz interlude! Quality, great psych video too.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:58 AM   #6
Pink Wool

Cool vibe!

Only thing that jumps out to me is the lyrics and the accent. I know that it doesn't bother most people but since this is so "American" (USA) sounding stuff, the accent in the vocals takes me a bit out of the "experience"! And the lyrics are kinda on the nose a tad too much for my liking. There's a good message, I'm sure, behind them but they're missing the "aha" element that you get with double meaning or clever-ish wordplay.

Just my 2 cents!

Nice production anyway! Definitely looking forward hearing more from your band!
Pink Wool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:02 PM   #7
timothys_monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
Unexpected three second jazz interlude! Quality, great psych video too.
Hehe, glad you liked being thrown out of the groove for a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Wool View Post
Cool vibe!

Only thing that jumps out to me is the lyrics and the accent. I know that it doesn't bother most people but since this is so "American" (USA) sounding stuff, the accent in the vocals takes me a bit out of the "experience"! And the lyrics are kinda on the nose a tad too much for my liking. There's a good message, I'm sure, behind them but they're missing the "aha" element that you get with double meaning or clever-ish wordplay.

Just my 2 cents!

Nice production anyway! Definitely looking forward hearing more from your band!
Thanks, Pink Wool. Lyrics are definitely a weak point. I was never super confident in writing and singing either. But I also like stepping out of my comfort zone from time to time. And the guys really liked my approach when I joined them... Since they are from Mexico and like me, no native speaker, I think we all thought that it would be enough. But looking back now I might have changed some things or let some English speaker look over it beforehand.
Anyway, the most important thing for us is to throw our music out there and let it be heard. We have been working on it for too long now.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:01 AM   #8
enroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
Unfortunately it can only be found on Facebook and Instagram so far ...
Will try to convince the guys to upload it for the public on Youtube as well.

... to feed Zuckerberg's data monster ...
An upload to any file-provider would work here.
Also "soundcloud" is a good platform!

So convince the guys!
Old 07-13-2020, 01:42 AM   #9
Pink Wool

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
Thanks, Pink Wool. Lyrics are definitely a weak point. I was never super confident in writing and singing either. But I also like stepping out of my comfort zone from time to time. And the guys really liked my approach when I joined them... Since they are from Mexico and like me, no native speaker, I think we all thought that it would be enough. But looking back now I might have changed some things or let some English speaker look over it beforehand.
Anyway, the most important thing for us is to throw our music out there and let it be heard. We have been working on it for too long now.
Oh yeah! Done is definitely better than perfect! It was in no way bad, just something I noticed. Keep on rocking!
Pink Wool is offline   Reply With Quote