Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 06-22-2021, 02:06 PM   #14041
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

MixMonkey and spkr4thdd, are you using a MIDI surface to change zones? Only thing I can think of: I'm changing zones on OSC only. If you do OSC, does it also crash?
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 02:25 PM   #14042
spkr4thdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
MixMonkey and spkr4thdd, are you using a MIDI surface to change zones? Only thing I can think of: I'm changing zones on OSC only. If you do OSC, does it also crash?
I'm using my X-Touch Universal in MCU mode.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:51 PM   #14043
John_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
See if these work any better.
Thank you - but still the same. When first connection the master comes up - all others down - - then I move them on the surface across 16channels, bank right, they all go down, bank left all down. Tried multiple USB cables multiple ports. It's almost weird that when all are down and I bank right I hear a "click" like they are trying to get into position. Bank Left, same thing. Like the faders don't know where they are.

I don't want to be any more of a pain then I am so far. Will try a couple more things then abandon this. Maybe because the XR18 is my interface I need to connect MIDI to there or USB thru there somehow

Thanks again

Last edited by John_M; 06-22-2021 at 03:59 PM.
John_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 03:58 PM   #14044
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_M View Post
Thank you - but still the same. When first connection the master comes up - all others down - - then I move them on the surface across 16channels, bank right, they all go down, bank left all down. Tried multiple USB cables multiple ports. It's almost weird that when all are down and I bank right I hear a "click" like they are trying to get into position. Bank Left, same thing. Like the faders don't know where they are.

I don't want to be any more of a pain then I am so far. Will try a couple more things then abandon this.

Thanks again
That's a shame. Have you tried the surface with Reaper's Mackie Control Universal Control Surface Mode? If not try, that and see if the banking works properly.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 04:25 PM   #14045
John_M

Quote:
That's a shame. Have you tried the surface with Reaper's Mackie Control Universal Control Surface Mode? If not try, that and see if the banking works properly.
I did and no luck. I’’m not sure I’m doing something blatantly wrong but when I open a project I assume that the faders will snap to where they are on Reaper. Not sure if there’s a reaper setting somewhere. Action refresh surface just brings back like I opened the project fresh.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:25 PM   #14046
MixMonkey

Quote:
Crashes in the iPad Mixer as well.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:46 PM   #14047
MixMonkey

Quote:
I did and no luck. I’’m not sure I’m doing something blatantly wrong but when I open a project I assume that the faders will snap to where they are on Reaper. Not sure if there’s a reaper setting somewhere. Action refresh surface just brings back like I opened the project fresh.
So it doesn't work correctly with the standard Reaper MCU mode? That is to say, when you bank, it still mis-behaves?

When you open a project the faders should snap to the correct positions.

As far as Reaper settings, just make sure the surface is disabled in MIDI Devices. The surface is in MC mode, yes? and there are no other devices in the Control/OSC/web prefs?
Old 06-22-2021, 05:05 PM   #14048
John_M

Quote:
So it doesn't work correctly with the standard Reaper MCU mode? That is to say, when you bank, it still mis-behaves?

When you open a project the faders should snap to the correct positions.

As far as Reaper settings, just make sure the surface is disabled in MIDI Devices. The surface is in MC mode, yes? and there are no other devices in the Control/OSC/web prefs?
Yes sir. options > Midi devices xtouch in and out are disabled. Xtouch is in MC and USB. Usb connected to machine. I do have a web controller setup now but previously did not and it worked like this since the start. Transport works. Marker works. Jognwheel works. Machine is a 64gb i9 10900 it’s not breaking a sweat.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:33 PM   #14049
MixMonkey

Quote:
Yes sir. options > Midi devices xtouch in and out are disabled. Xtouch is in MC and USB. Usb connected to machine. I do have a web controller setup now but previously did not and it worked like this since the start. Transport works. Marker works. Jognwheel works. Machine is a 64gb i9 10900 it’s not breaking a sweat.
My only other suggestion would be to get access to another X-Touch Universal and see if it behaves the same way. If it does, you definitely know it's something in your setup, somewhere. If it doesn't, you know for certain that the X-Touch itself is the problem.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:25 PM   #14050
poetnprophet

Hello good peeps of CSI land, thanks for the guidance, I seem to have successfully updated to Beta 1.1, all seems to be well, thanks again!
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 08:27 PM   #14051
poetnprophet

Hi Geoff, there may be a small bug with the PIN function (shift+contrl+selecttrack), when I do this I get a duplicate of that track on the surface (but not in Reaper). Happened in ver1.0 and now in beta1.1 same thing.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:47 AM   #14052
MST

Quote:
If MixMonkey can not help you, then I am only capable to make a further thorough mess out of things (I have talent).
But just to share some experience,,
I am regularly stoned and messy, and then I get lazy, and start improvising configurations, and create a mess few geniuses can unravel, stumbling over and bumping my head against all those mysterious quirks in programming (I can break almost anything if I take the time).
Then I get desperate, take a step back and a breather, do a sober start over, and end up with a reliable sturdy tool I love.

In that messy time I found a few computer moods,, (I am not good enough to pinpoint blame at csi, reaper, or something else).
First there was a period csi was kicked out every time I activated an other program, and after ignoring that problem for a week, it fixed itself, probably with some help from myself.
During that period, I also experienced a few mysterious quirky things that look like yours, weird unresponsiveness, which was shared with my XTouch Universal and 2 C4 units .

I am reacting with this practically unhelpful post just as a moral boost, my Universal works like a reliable brick even after configuring it to my hearts content on a i5 minimack also not breaking a sweat.

My advice would be, dump this project for now till you forget you're bad luck and regain optimism, and tune in again with a clean start in a short while when you read about successful experiences with a finished 1.1.

(I get this feeling nothing is wrong with you're XTouch, and my feelings are quite reliable, except when they are totally wrong )
MST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:07 AM   #14053
MST

Time to plunge into the new 1.1 version.
Thanks for all the coolness people.
MST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 04:31 AM   #14054
cjewellstudios

The new TouchOSC can run on PC. I was thinking it'd be fantastic to buy a nice size touchscreen monitor and run it that way. Would CSI currently accept a local connection? I know none of us are network gurus here but does anyone know how one might try that? I.e. ip/port numbers. From what I've read 127.0.0.1 has something to do with it ***shrugs shoulders***

Im still having trouble getting the new touchosc to work. I'm in contact with the developer (whom has shown interest in CSI by the way ) as I'm almost pretty sure I have things set up correctly and I'm still just getting feedback.

Last edited by cjewellstudios; 06-23-2021 at 04:44 AM.
cjewellstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:55 AM   #14055
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Im still having trouble getting the new touchosc to work. I'm in contact with the developer (whom has shown interest in CSI by the way ) as I'm almost pretty sure I have things set up correctly and I'm still just getting feedback.
I had a quick go with the new TouchOSC and I get everything BUT feedback eg my select buttons don't light up when pressed.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:57 AM   #14056
John_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST View Post
If MixMonkey can not help you, then I am only capable to make a further thorough mess out of things (I have talent).
But just to share some experience,,
I am regularly stoned and messy, and then I get lazy, and start improvising configurations, and create a mess few geniuses can unravel, stumbling over and bumping my head against all those mysterious quirks in programming (I can break almost anything if I take the time).
Then I get desperate, take a step back and a breather, do a sober start over, and end up with a reliable sturdy tool I love.

In that messy time I found a few computer moods,, (I am not good enough to pinpoint blame at csi, reaper, or something else).
First there was a period csi was kicked out every time I activated an other program, and after ignoring that problem for a week, it fixed itself, probably with some help from myself.
During that period, I also experienced a few mysterious quirky things that look like yours, weird unresponsiveness, which was shared with my XTouch Universal and 2 C4 units .

I am reacting with this practically unhelpful post just as a moral boost, my Universal works like a reliable brick even after configuring it to my hearts content on a i5 minimack also not breaking a sweat.

My advice would be, dump this project for now till you forget you're bad luck and regain optimism, and tune in again with a clean start in a short while when you read about successful experiences with a finished 1.1.

(I get this feeling nothing is wrong with you're XTouch, and my feelings are quite reliable, except when they are totally wrong )
Excellent post! Morale Boost : received
Old 06-23-2021, 05:59 AM   #14057
cjewellstudios

Quote:
I had a quick go with the new TouchOSC and I get everything BUT feedback eg my select buttons don't light up when pressed.
That is strange.

I have local feedback turned off on every button yet my layout acts as if I don't. The buttons light up when I press them but not because CSI is telling them to. Lol. There is so much potential here. We will figure it all out soon.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:59 AM   #14058
MixMonkey

Quote:
Excellent post! Morale Boost : received
The fact that the X-Touch is not working with the standard Reaper MCU control mode suggests the problem lies outside CSI.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:23 AM   #14059
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
That is strange.

I have local feedback turned off on every button yet my layout acts as if I don't. The buttons light up when I press them but not because CSI is telling them to. Lol. There is so much potential here. We will figure it all out soon.
I've been starting out with TouchOSC mk 1 templates, editing them in the new TouchOSC editor on PC, and pushing out to my iPad and they've been working as expected.

I find it a little strange that I can get an FX with 2 subzones to work without crashes and am getting two-way communication in TouchOSC when others are having trouble. Usually I'm the one wondering why everyone else has got things working and I don't!
Old 06-23-2021, 07:28 AM   #14060
ldhall1856

Default Can CSI Bank next/previous reflect on screen what faders are showing on the console?

Hi all,

I’m just got a Faderport 16. Every works great! But for my workflow it would be nice when I hit the next button and the faders go to the next 16 that the on screen display reflects that.

Currently, I’m hitting next button then hitting select on the farther left fader and it shows it on screen. Any work around?

I thought about having the next button select track 17 and bank left but isn’t going to work when I go to page 3 input 33. Thoughts?

If you could add a “if then” script, in theory that would work

Running 64 channels

Thanks
ldhall1856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:30 AM   #14061
MixMonkey

Quote:
I've been starting out with TouchOSC mk 1 templates, editing them in the new TouchOSC editor on PC, and pushing out to my iPad and they've been working as expected.

I find it a little strange that I can get an FX with 2 subzones to work without crashes and am getting two-way communication in TouchOSC when others are having trouble. Usually I'm the one wondering why everyone else has got things working and I don't!
Maybe you could zip up your CSI folder so we can look for differences in the setup? It’s not the fx.zon files, your one for the limiter crashes the same as mine for the Sonnox Dynamics.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:51 AM   #14062
Funkybot

Quote:
Maybe you could zip up your CSI folder so we can look for differences in the setup? It’s not the fx.zon files, your one for the limiter crashes the same as mine for the Sonnox Dynamics.
Have at 'er...

Last edited by Funkybot; 09-28-2022 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:20 AM   #14063
John_M

Quote:
The fact that the X-Touch is not working with the standard Reaper MCU control mode suggests the problem lies outside CSI.
OK - I'm going to try actual Midi Cables to the XR18 and then select XTouch Midi as the Midi in/out

Just have to buy Midi Cables since I sold all that stuff with my H&K Grandmeister
Back then I was able to program a Rocktron MidiMate to control a Midi FX Loop Switcher - so I have had some success in the tech side of music LOL

Thanks again all
Old 06-23-2021, 12:07 PM   #14064
Funkybot

Quote:
OK - I'm going to try actual Midi Cables to the XR18 and then select XTouch Midi as the Midi in/out

Just have to buy Midi Cables since I sold all that stuff with my H&K Grandmeister
Back then I was able to program a Rocktron MidiMate to control a Midi FX Loop Switcher - so I have had some success in the tech side of music LOL

Thanks again all
What if you take the XR18 entirely out of the equation? If you plug the X-Touch directly to the USB port on your PC, does it work?

Maybe the XR-18 is interacting with the X-Touch directly and throwing off CSI's ability to access it.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:04 PM   #14065
Geoff Waddington

Hey folks, I've been patiently watching this excellent discussion.

Does anyone have a feature/concept that is either displaced by the new architecture or is part of the new architecture, but should be removed.

In other words are there some pieces of this vast new array of choice that we can remove for simplicity/reliability sake ?

Cool if the answer is no, by the way
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 03:55 PM   #14066
MixMonkey

Quote:
Have at 'er...
Thanks for that Been working all day, but will take a look now.
Old 06-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #14067
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
In other words are there some pieces of this vast new array of choice that we can remove for simplicity/reliability sake ?
Ideally, the answer is no The feature set as it stands is great, but if it turns out one feature steps on another or if something is a PITA to code, I definitely have priorities
Old 06-23-2021, 05:19 PM   #14068
John_M

Quote:
What if you take the XR18 entirely out of the equation? If you plug the X-Touch directly to the USB port on your PC, does it work?

Maybe the XR-18 is interacting with the X-Touch directly and throwing off CSI's ability to access it.
Well the xr18 is my interface and they are both separately connected via USB to my computer. I’m wondering if I go midi to the XR that would help.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:24 PM   #14069
MixMonkey

Quote:
Well the xr18 is my interface and they are both separately connected via USB to my computer. I’m wondering if I go midi to the XR that would help.
At this point you really want to cut the system down to an absolute minimum to establish whether your X-Touch is working properly. If you can get it working in isolation, you can then start adding other pieces back.

If that fails then by all means try it over MIDI.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:52 PM   #14070
Funkybot

John_M did you also try another DAW? I forget if we asked that in the other thread. Does the X-Touch work anywhere else? Heck, download a demo of another DAW if you have to.

Got a laptop you can try on? A friend whose house you can show up at to try it out on? There are other X-Touch users having total success with CSI, so as pointed out, it's either something in your setup, or something's up with your X-Touch.

Also, MixMonkey is spot on about getting things to their most basic level when troubleshooting. Who knows what it could be at this point. What if the XR-18 and X-Touch are talking to each other unbeknownst to you? Considering how awful Behringer at producing decent documentation, I'd put nothing past them. Maybe your unit is just busted and this is just delaying the inevitable exchange. Only way to find this things out is to troubleshoot, try elsewhere, etc.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:01 PM   #14071
Funkybot

Quote:
Hey folks, I've been patiently watching this excellent discussion.

Does anyone have a feature/concept that is either displaced by the new architecture or is part of the new architecture, but should be removed.

Cool if the answer is no, by the way
The only thing I'd question in the new architecture are the variety of Unmap actions. I guess they're nice to have, but I really question if most folks will use them. I'm only using OnTrackSelection UnmapSelectedTrackFXFromMenu to get the displays to clear when I change tracks. The rest of the time, GoZone "Home" does the job of unmapping things. There may be use-cases that just don't apply to me and my setup though.

I'd also make the case that GoCurrentFXSlot may not be necessary if the TrackFXMenuSlotNavigator gets a little more TLC. Another user was making the case that Navigator may even be surplus, but I just won't hear of it. Then again, I'm not using it either.

The SetBroadcast/Receive options are totally critical to so many of our use-cases and tying things together that they'd have to stay. SubZones may be a little crashy, but also important that they stay IMO. Even SelectedTrackReceiveSlot is getting lots of use on my X-Touch One. SelectedTrackSendSlot, even more so. The X-Touch One is just to the left of my keyboard, and it's a really ergonomic setup now.

Sorry Geoff, I don't have much you can remove. I think you just did too good a job!
Old 06-23-2021, 06:37 PM   #14072
MixMonkey

Quote:
No revelations I'm afraid. Still get an easily repeatable crash when moving to the second SubZone:
Code:
Process:               REAPER [14223]
Path:                  /Applications/REAPER.app/Contents/MacOS/REAPER
Identifier:            com.cockos.reaper
Version:               6.29.0 12c62f6/x86_64-clang (6.29.0 12c62f6/x86_64-clang)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           REAPER [14223]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2021-06-24 02:32:44.088 +0100
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H1217)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        08924FD0-E74F-EE5A-E65A-7D0D9B7097EC

Sleep/Wake UUID:       DA79B565-5BEB-4499-97D1-753B8F681296

Time Awake Since Boot: 42000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       10000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  reaper  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [14223]

VM Regions Near 0:
--> 
    __TEXT                 00000001077ad000-00000001080a9000 [ 9200K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/REAPER.app/Contents/MacOS/REAPER

Thread 0 Crashed:: reaper  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d950656 Zone::RequestUpdate(std::__1::vector<Widget*, std::__1::allocator<Widget*> >&) + 102
1   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d8f1019 ControlSurface::RequestUpdate() + 217
2   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d8bde1c Page::Run() + 236
3   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d88cf9c Manager::Run() + 92
4   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d88cf36 CSurfIntegrator::Run() + 38
5   com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000107a6b651 CSurf_Run() + 193
6   com.cockos.reaper             	0x00000001077f4f80 runMiscTimers() + 2512
7   com.cockos.reaper             	0x000000010785c639 Main_OnTimer(HWND__*, unsigned long) + 329
8   com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000107d8ca4a MainProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 4730
9   com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000107c23b26 SwellDialogDefaultWindowProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 438
10  com.apple.Foundation          	0x00007fff38b37d5a __NSFireTimer + 67
11  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x00007fff36436e38 __CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_TIMER_CALLBACK_FUNCTION__ + 20
12  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x00007fff3643699e __CFRunLoopDoTimer + 872
13  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x00007fff36436489 __CFRunLoopDoTimers + 322
14  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x00007fff3641b0ed __CFRunLoopRun + 1885
15  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x00007fff3641a333 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 466
16  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff35035abd RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 292
17  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff350357d5 ReceiveNextEventCommon + 584
18  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff35035579 _BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInModeWithFilter + 64
19  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff3367c039 _DPSNextEvent + 883
20  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff3367a880 -[NSApplication(NSEvent) _nextEventMatchingEventMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 1352
21  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff3366c58e -[NSApplication run] + 658
22  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff3363e396 NSApplicationMain + 777
23  com.cockos.reaper             	0x00000001077af134 start + 52
Old 06-24-2021, 04:08 AM   #14073
cjewellstudios

Quote:
The only thing I'd question in the new architecture are the variety of Unmap actions. I guess they're nice to have, but I really question if most folks will use them. I'm only using OnTrackSelection UnmapSelectedTrackFXFromMenu to get the displays to clear when I change tracks. The rest of the time, GoZone "Home" does the job of unmapping things. There may be use-cases that just don't apply to me and my setup though.
Unmapping the fxmenu maybe beneficial for me. I'm trying to economize my osc layout and I have an fxmenu and a whole other row of buttons for navigation purposes. I could get rid of a few extra things possibly.

Geoff the features of CSI are outstanding. All of the recently added stuff knocked it out of the park.

It did make everything a bit more complicated, though. I don't think that's a bad thing, it just means that we need to keep being diligent about making documentation the best it can be. Tutorial videos once things are more complete. I know those things are obvious and are being done. We have a great community here and I'm excited about the future of CSI

Like in OSC land (once I get the thing working dagnabbit!) Its so easy now to take pages from other layouts and incorporate them into your own. We could easily start a database of plugin maps. Maps that specifically look like the plugins. In my layout, ive come up with a nice little section that can go along the top row for navigation and I'm going to use that as a template to create osc pages for specific plugins. CSI can gozone directly to the page. It just seems like a brilliant way to work.
Old 06-24-2021, 04:42 AM   #14074
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
No revelations I'm afraid. Still get an easily repeatable crash when moving to the second SubZone:
Code:
Process:               REAPER [14223]
Path:                  /Applications/REAPER.app/Contents/MacOS/REAPER
Identifier:            com.cockos.reaper
Version:               6.29.0 12c62f6/x86_64-clang (6.29.0 12c62f6/x86_64-clang)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [1]
Responsible:           REAPER [14223]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2021-06-24 02:32:44.088 +0100
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H1217)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        08924FD0-E74F-EE5A-E65A-7D0D9B7097EC

Sleep/Wake UUID:       DA79B565-5BEB-4499-97D1-753B8F681296

Time Awake Since Boot: 42000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       10000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  reaper  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [14223]

VM Regions Near 0:
--> 
    __TEXT                 00000001077ad000-00000001080a9000 [ 9200K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/REAPER.app/Contents/MacOS/REAPER

Thread 0 Crashed:: reaper  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d950656 Zone::RequestUpdate(std::__1::vector<Widget*, std::__1::allocator<Widget*> >&) + 102
1   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d8f1019 ControlSurface::RequestUpdate() + 217
2   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d8bde1c Page::Run() + 236
3   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d88cf9c Manager::Run() + 92
4   reaper_csurf_integrator.dylib 	0x000000010d88cf36 CSurfIntegrator::Run() + 38
5   com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000107a6b651 CSurf_Run() + 193
6   com.cockos.reaper             	0x00000001077f4f80 runMiscTimers() + 2512
7   com.cockos.reaper             	0x000000010785c639 Main_OnTimer(HWND__*, unsigned long) + 329
8   com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000107d8ca4a MainProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 4730
9   com.cockos.reaper             	0x0000000107c23b26 SwellDialogDefaultWindowProc(HWND__*, unsigned int, unsigned long, long) + 438
10  com.apple.Foundation          	0x00007fff38b37d5a __NSFireTimer + 67
11  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x00007fff36436e38 __CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_TIMER_CALLBACK_FUNCTION__ + 20
12  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x00007fff3643699e __CFRunLoopDoTimer + 872
13  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x00007fff36436489 __CFRunLoopDoTimers + 322
14  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x00007fff3641b0ed __CFRunLoopRun + 1885
15  com.apple.CoreFoundation      	0x00007fff3641a333 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 466
16  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff35035abd RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 292
17  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff350357d5 ReceiveNextEventCommon + 584
18  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x00007fff35035579 _BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInModeWithFilter + 64
19  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff3367c039 _DPSNextEvent + 883
20  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff3367a880 -[NSApplication(NSEvent) _nextEventMatchingEventMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 1352
21  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff3366c58e -[NSApplication run] + 658
22  com.apple.AppKit              	0x00007fff3363e396 NSApplicationMain + 777
23  com.cockos.reaper             	0x00000001077af134 start + 52
Could you please zip and post the relevant files, I'll see if I can figure this one out.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:49 AM   #14075
MixMonkey

Quote:
Could you please zip and post the relevant files, I'll see if I can figure this one out.
Thanks I'll contrive one using VOS EQ and post it, may not be until later though.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:21 AM   #14076
MixMonkey

Quote:
Here you go, VOS EQ for MCU (not C4). Two SubZones using the Bank buttons to move between them.

Crashes like a champ when you try to access a second SubZone ie you can flip between the main zone and SubZone 1 or 2, but as soon as you try to access the other SubZone, crash.

Last edited by MixMonkey; 08-07-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Old 06-24-2021, 06:35 AM   #14077
spkr4thdd

Quote:

Thanks again all
I’m away from my stuff at the moment, but I can send you my 1.0 and 1.1 setups for the X-Touch Univeral including all the zones and FX I have set up if you want?I’ll also provide some screenshots of my Reaper config.

One thing… If you’re connecting the XR18 and the X-Touch Universal, are you connecting one through the other, or both directly? (And are you Mac or PC based?)
Old 06-24-2021, 09:54 AM   #14078
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Here you go, VOS EQ for MCU (not C4). Two SubZones using the Bank buttons to move between them.

Crashes like a champ when you try to access a second SubZone ie you can flip between the main zone and SubZone 1 or 2, but as soon as you try to access the other SubZone, crash.
Cool, thanks, will have a look.
Old 06-24-2021, 08:37 PM   #14079
poetnprophet

I have updated my ProX zone files, finally cleaned them up after all these years trial/error/alpha/beta. Here is a link if anyone wants to add to the "pile".

EDIT: I'm not quite sure what the HOME zone is about anymore, but if I take it away nothing works. I just kept the parts there which aren't inside new zones.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...q5?usp=sharing
Old 06-24-2021, 09:06 PM   #14080
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
I have updated my ProX zone files, finally cleaned them up after all these years trial/error/alpha/beta. Here is a link if anyone wants to add to the "pile".

EDIT: I'm not quite sure what the HOME zone is about anymore, but if I take it away nothing works. I just kept the parts there which aren't inside new zones.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...q5?usp=sharing
You got it right. The Home.zon is still required. Just tells CSI which zones to include when you're starting out or when you GoZone Home.