Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2018, 02:01 AM   #1
nobbi
Human being with feelings

Default Path settings for Reaper (Win, Linux)

Hello, everybody,

I don't know now if I'm right with this question here, because it has only limited to do with Reaper. I use two notebooks and two different operating systems. One with Windows Pro 10/64 and one with Ubuntu-Studio64 18/10. My audio interface (Soundcraft UI 24R) and both notebooks are connected to my router (Fritzbox) via a network cable. There is also a network hard disk attached to the router. I would be interested to know if I can assign the paths for projects, recordings, unsaved recordings etc. directly to the network hard disk in both Reaper versions.
At the moment I am using a Steinberg UR44 USB audio interface for the Linux machine, which allows me to create recordings with 92kHz/24Bit via Jack. I save my data locally and then transfer it to the network hard disk using Filezilla.
The UI24R is also connected to the Windows notebook via USB. The UI 24R has a maximum sampling rate of 48kHz/24Bit. A band colleague processes my instrumental recordings with 92kHz/24Bit on his DAW. For my purposes the recordings I make with UI 24R are sufficient. In order not to have to change all my devices and instruments every time, I would like to store the files from Linux and Windows on a central storage place and then integrate them into started projects on the respective computer. If I have loaded the data with Filezilla to my central storage space, I can do the above without any problems. But I would like to omit this intermediate step (saving locally). Is there a possibility? Many thanks in advance for your help.

Greetings, Nobbi
nobbi is offline   Reply With Quote