Old 01-18-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
grayter1
Human being with feelings

Default v5.71pre13 - January 18 2018

v5.71pre13 - January 18 2018
# ReaControlMIDI: fix bug in sample accurate parameter change support
# linux: trash support for directory cleanup
# mac: added icc18 test builds
Mac Studio M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.3 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Keylab 61 mkII / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X / UVI Falcon
grayter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:06 PM   #2
MRMJP

With the llvm/clang version of the last pre-release, I was noticing that when opening an item copy in RX6 (REAPER's Primary Audio Editor), that apart from the first attempt or two, the RX6 edit window was often blocked from appearing and you had to manually CMD+TAB to focus it. Normally it would automatically appear.

I'm seeing something similar with this pre-release with both the normal version and the ICC version. A temporary return to the last official release seemed to work OK as it used to.

Can anybody else confirm an issues (after a few attempts) where RX6 edit window isn't automatically focused like it used to be when you open an item copy in it?

Interestingly, the RX6 menu is visible at the top, it's just that the window isn't shown and REAPER stays visible.

Last edited by MRMJP; 01-18-2018 at 01:28 PM.
MRMJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:54 PM   #3
MRMJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMJP View Post
With the llvm/clang version of the last pre-release, I was noticing that when opening an item copy in RX6 (REAPER's Primary Audio Editor), that apart from the first attempt or two, the RX6 edit window was often blocked from appearing and you had to manually CMD+TAB to focus it. Normally it would automatically appear.

I'm seeing something similar with this pre-release with both the normal version and the ICC version. A temporary return to the last official release seemed to work OK as it used to.

Can anybody else confirm an issues (after a few attempts) where RX6 edit window isn't automatically focused like it used to be when you open an item copy in it?

Interestingly, the RX6 menu is visible at the top, it's just that the window isn't shown and REAPER stays visible.
I've done some deeper digging such as trying both the llvm/clang version and the ICC version and the result is the same. I even uninstalled the recent latest beta of RX6 and went back to the public release and it's still an issue so I think that rules out RX6 as the culprit.

The only way I've solved it is by going back to REAPER 5.70 public release. I believe I used a few 5.71 pre-releeases before experiencing this issue but the two latest pre-releases definitely have an issue in this area.

I'm hoping Justin/Schwa can check if anything in the latest beta (both Mac versions) would prevent REAPER's external editor from allow it's window to focus like it used to.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:30 PM   #4
Justin
Administrator

If 5.71pre11 does it, then please do narrow down which pre the behavior changes and post that here! I can't think of any code that *should* affect whether other applications can take focus, but who knows.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #5
MRMJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
If 5.71pre11 does it, then please do narrow down which pre the behavior changes and post that here! I can't think of any code that *should* affect whether other applications can take focus, but who knows.
Thanks. I made a test session with no plugins that is faster to load and of course I couldn't reproduce the issue so later tonight I will save a copy of the last session I was doing and try to narrow it down to a certain pre-release version where the issue starts.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:52 PM   #6
MRMJP

Quote:
In the meantime, here's a video of what happens:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4h7dpokfp...US_V1.mov?dl=0

As you see, RX6 is focused in the menu bar but REAPER stays visible on the rest of the screen. If I use the shortcut to save the file, then eventually RX6 comes into focus.

Will start backtracking now using a real session.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:05 PM   #7
MRMJP

So with my actual session open, I had the issue even in 5.71pre1 and I also tested pre9. Same

It wasn't until I went back to 5.70 public release that the issue goes away.

I made a few videos of what happens.

These are bad:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4adgu6y6yf...US_V2.mov?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxe1of8qnq...US_V3.mov?dl=0

You see that the edit window for RX is somehow blocked by REAPER even though the menu bar switches to RX6 and pressing Save and cancelling it finally brings up the RX6 edit window.

Now here is the same action using 5.70:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c1ex2q1khn...US_V4.mov?dl=0

This is how it's supposed to work. Opening an item copy in the external editor causes the RX6 edit window to open.

I'm stumped.

Here is the RPP file if that helps:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/43h6tuxeni...pture.RPP?dl=0
Old 01-19-2018, 12:20 AM   #8
avoca

# linux: trash support for directory cleanup

Works here now, thanks!
avoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #9
MRMJP

Quote:
Do you think there is any hope to resolve this? I love staying with the latest version of REAPER but since I do so much work copying items to RX6 standalone it's a major slowdown with the way it's acting now after 5.70.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #10
Luster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMJP View Post
Do you think there is any hope to resolve this? I love staying with the latest version of REAPER but since I do so much work copying items to RX6 standalone it's a major slowdown with the way it's acting now after 5.70.
Just tried it out with RX6 on a Win PC and here nothing changed, everything fine. In case this helpful. I feel your pain.
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:04 PM   #11
MRMJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luster View Post
Just tried it out with RX6 on a Win PC and here nothing changed, everything fine. In case this helpful. I feel your pain.
Thanks for the report. I just can't figure out what would be different here, on Mac.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:57 PM   #12
MRMJP

I just tried with a new session but with my normal workflow and couldn't reproduce the issue now.

Maybe somehow that session I was on was causing an issue though since all projects I do are derived from the same template I'm not sure what would be different.

The only main difference is that it had more items and item FX but I can't see how that would play into this situation.

I'm back to using 5.71pre13 and we'll see how it behaves.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:08 PM   #13
vanhaze

Any OSX user also experiencing spinning beachballs when doing stuff in Reaper Action List, like searching for an Action ?

I experience this issue with the latest pre-releases;

When i put in some letters in Action List search field, many times the input of letters stalls, and the spinning beachball appears.
It doesn't lead to a Reaper hang, eventually, after a few seconds, the beachball vanishes.

Maybe it has something to do cause i have Reapack installed and always fully synchronized, making the Action List extremely long nowadays
Old 01-21-2018, 04:02 AM   #14
dupont

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
Any OSX user also experiencing spinning beachballs when doing stuff in Reaper Action List, like searching for an Action ?

When i put in some letters in Action List search field, many times the input of letters stalls, and the spinning beachball appears.
It doesn't lead to a Reaper hang, eventually, after a few seconds, the beachball vanishes.

Maybe it has something to do cause i have Reapack installed and always fully synchronized, making the Action List extremely long nowadays
Same here on OSX too.
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:13 AM   #15
vanhaze

Thx for the notification
Old 01-22-2018, 08:50 AM   #16
grayter1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post

I'm not seeing this...

tg
Mac Studio M1 MAX / 64GB / 2TB HD / macOS Ventura 13.6.3 / RME BabyFace Pro FS / SSL UF8 + UF1 + UC1 / Roland SYSTEM 8 / Kontrol S61 mk3 / Keylab 61 mkII / Komplete 14 / Omnisphere / Keyscape / Trilian / V Collection X / UVI Falcon
grayter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:02 PM   #17
fundorin
Banned

Default GetSetMediaTrackInfo - setNewVanue

Both pre12a and pre13, when generating API header with an action, make a typo at the line 2444:
fundorin is offline   Reply With Quote